Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taste of Success on Rte One - Likes/Dislikes

• 01-12-2014 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭

Did anybody saw the show?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Did anybody saw the show?

Was it in two halves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The beef short rib just won... am looking forward to trying it out. Seems to be priced at 4.99, unclear if it's a 1 or 2 person portion (haven't seen earlier episodes). Would be expensive if it's a 1 person portion.

Would have preferred it bone in, but LIDL said that would cause issues for them - wasn't sure of exact reason.

It beat the high protein, low fat chicken broth.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The beef short rib just won... am looking forward to trying it out. Seems to be priced at 4.99, unclear if it's a 1 or 2 person portion (haven't seen earlier episodes). Would be expensive if it's a 1 person portion.

Would have preferred it bone in, but LIDL said that would cause issues for them - wasn't sure of exact reason.

It beat the high protein, low fat chicken broth.

I've really enjoyed this series. I thought the short rib would win, but I would have loved to have tried the chicken broth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i knew the chicken broth wouldn't win ...too many soups/broths out there as it is

delighted for padraic after all he's been through over the years healthwise

can't wait to try his product is it in lidl at the mo???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

fryup wrote: »
    i knew the chicken broth wouldn't win ...too many soups/broths out there as it is

delighted for padraic after all he's been through over the years healthwise

can't wait to try his product is it in lidl at the mo???

Yeah, I thought the chicken broth was a good product, but hardly worth running a show for... The beef short rib is more deluxe, special buy.

They seemed to imply that it was on shelves now so if anyone has purchased it please post here!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

had it today

very nice very tender and the cider sauce is lovely

but quite a fatty underlay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Paddy Pie won recent series will anyone be trying?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^

the face of one of the cork fella's when he realised he didn't win was priceless:D

thought they were a certainty myself, those beef pie's are two a penny in all stores..banana bread would have been a more worthy winner i think ?

Advertisement