Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeowner, Tenant or other?

Options
  • 01-12-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

If one's spouse has a mortgage in his/her name only.
    Subsequently you marry.

There is no change in title/mortgage etc.

Are you now a homeowner or a tenant or other?

P.S. This is in terms of any paperwork that needs to be filled in, in terms of loans and other items.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,523 ✭✭✭✭ted1

wandererz wrote: »
    Subsequently you marry.

P.S. This is in terms of any paperwork that needs to be filled in, in terms of loans and other items.

If your jointly assessed the income, your liable for TAX on rental properties

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Subsequently you marry.

I would say you are a homeowner as since you are married it is now the family home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

ted1 wrote: »
    If your jointly assessed the income, your liable for TAX on rental properties

Thanks, but that's not my question.
    I never mentioned rental properties. That doesn't figure into it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭TrishSimon

Subsequently you marry.

You are now a home owner same thing happened with me I purchased a property June 2008 met my husband Sept 2008 we married June 2012 and he now owns 50% of my apartment. We are going for a joint mortgage now and he is down on paperwork as a home owner.
    Alot of people say if you dont contribute to the mortgage payments you can't have 50% of it but that is just rubbish automatically when you say I do then they are entitled to half by law my solicitor and broker confirmed this.
    Hope that clears it up.

Advertisement