Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fully Baked Left Wing Vegan Cookies

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Their twitter feed has some as a fair bit of nuttiness as well.
    Take this article.

"How To Not Wear A Racist Halloween Costume This Year: A Simple Guide For White People"

Are we back to the ol' only white people can be racist malarkey?

I love this reasoning.
    Why run the risk of running afoul of a scholarship committee or potential employers who do their due diligence on social media, when you can have any one of hundreds of perfectly fun, scary, or silly costumes that are frankly much more interesting than being a walking racist stereotype

Dressing up as a Geisha, putting some feathers in your hair like an Indian or wearing a sugar skull could/should deny you a job or a place at a university. Best lock yourself in a room in case your mere mortal presence offends someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

robindch wrote: »
    Anyway folks, you heard it here first - the term "politically correct" is no longer politically correct.
    Gosh, but you're behind the times Robin. Keep up! "Politically correct" hasn't been politically correct for decades. In fact, I'm not sure that it ever was.

The term is only ever used by the sort of people who are the subject of the other thread. Usually in the sentence "I know it's not politically correct, but . . ." followed by some statement of the kind that gets talked about in that thread.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Peregrinus wrote: »
    "Politically correct" hasn't been politically correct for decades.
    I would disagree - the term is treated with ironic contempt by liberal types while, apparently, still being taken seriously by low-end conservatives. In any case, the term is now banned - at least in Wisconsin.

BTW, if "lame" constitutes a "microaggression" and, therefore, can be banned, how does the good IEC deal with words like "fuck"? Do they call the SWAT squad or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,446 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I would disagree - the term is treated with ironic contempt by liberal types while, apparently, still being taken seriously by low-end conservatives. In any case, the term is now banned - at least in Wisconsin.

BTW, if "lame" constitutes a "microaggression" and, therefore, can be banned, how does the good IEC deal with words like "fuck"? Do they call the SWAT squad or something?

the term microaggression triggers me :( ..... and when I say "trigger" that triggers me too

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

I would disagree - the term is treated with ironic contempt by liberal types while, apparently, still being taken seriously by low-end conservatives.
    But neither of those things would make the term politically correct, would they? The stereotypically politically correct don't use the term, and those who do use it would indignantly deny that they are being politically correct in doing so (or anything they do).

• Advertisement

But neither of those things would make the term politically correct, would they?
    No idea really - in their usage, the term disappears up its own ass and becomes even more meaningless than it already is which is almost an achievement in itself.

Actually, now that I mention the word ass, the entire notion that it's acceptable to hear a word used in one context and interpret it in some preposterous fashion somewhere else entirely - reminds me of an account of a scientologist auditor who was reported to have made a most remarkable diagnosis on the basis of a word which his mum said while he was a baby in his mother's womb:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/books/tsos/sos-03.html
    Xenu.net wrote:
    It would seem that the engram sees all, hears all, and registers everything, but sometimes it is incorrect. One auditor reported that a rash on the backside of his preclear -- and it was not stated how the auditor found out about that rash -- started when the preclear was in the womb and his mother frequently asked for an aspirin. The engram was said to have accidentally misrecorded this as "ass burn."

To say nothing about this poor unfortunately guy and, famously, this unfortunate medic.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/03/college-administrator-shreds-the-constitution-on-hidden-camera-video/

A new video produced by James O’Keefe and Project Veritas shows one college administrator shredding a copy of the Constitution at the request of an undercover reporter.

Another administrator promised to destroy a copy of the nation’s founding document, and two other administrators made disparaging comments about the document to a Project Veritas reporter pretending to be offended by it.

In the video, the reporter approached several faculty members at Vassar and Oberlin Colleges and said that “the Constitution is kind of a trigger for me. Overall I see it just as a really oppressive document.”

“I mean, it’s not just me,” the reporter told Kelly Grab, assistant director of equal opportunity at Vassar. “I thought that Vassar wanted to create like a safe place here. You know, a place where students could walk around and not be scared of seeing discriminating things on campus.”

Eventually, the reporter suggested that shredding the Constitution could be “therapeutic,” and suggests that Grab destroy it. Grab then shreds the document.

Additionally, Colleen Cohen, faculty director of affirmative action and professor of anthropology at Vassar, told the reporter that “it’s horrible that this is something that has caused you such pain. … Can I destroy this?”

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

[...] James O’Keefe and Project Veritas [...]
    Neither are quite the impartial types they claim to be - amongst other projects, O'Keefe has been involved with "investigations" into Planned Parenthood and most famously of all, ACORN:

http://www.projectveritas.com/about

ACORN was a largish, federally-funded organization which promoted voter rights, healthcare, housing and a range of other issues generally contra the financial and political interests of Republican voters, or at least the people and corporations who fund the Republican party. Following O'Keefe's attacks, ACORN's funding was withdrawn and the organization closed down. O'Keefe has also won various awards from Fox News for political jiggery-pokery.

Neither are quite the impartial types they claim to be - amongst other projects, O'Keefe has been involved with "investigations" into Planned Parenthood and most famously of all, ACORN:

http://www.projectveritas.com/about

ACORN was a largish, federally-funded organization which promoted voter rights, healthcare, housing and a range of other issues generally contra the financial and political interests of Republican voters, or at least the people and corporations who fund the Republican party. Following O'Keefe's attacks, ACORN's funding was withdrawn and the organization closed down. O'Keefe has also won various awards from Fox News for political jiggery-pokery.

never heard of them before , being presented with such a scenario though the correct response is to seek medical help, not turn themselves into an Onion article

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I dont think the three laws of robotics are actual laws in real life.

What does the shadow proclamation have to say on the matter?

<cough> vibrators :pac:

If you find they make you cough, you're doing it wrong.

If you find they make you cough, you're doing it wrong.

if I can get through life without having to take a suppository Ill consider it a minor victory.....I dont think Im the target market for 'em :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

It seems like restricting the sexual activities of consenting adults just wasn't enough for some people.
    Now they want to ban sex toys. :confused:
    silverharp wrote: »
    <cough> vibrators :pac:
    That inconvient fact is explained away in her research paper.
    While males are the chief buyer of human sex, females are more likely to purchase artificial nonhuman substitutes such as vibrators [1] that stimulate a discrete part of the body rather than purchase an adult or child for sex.
    Women using sex toys are fine but men, well they're child rapists.:rolleyes:

It seems like restricting the sexual activities of consenting adults just wasn't enough for some people.
    Now they want to ban sex toys. :confused:

That inconvient fact is explained away in her research paper.

Women using sex toys are fine but men, well they're child rapists.:rolleyes:

feminists are in danger of out christ-in-ing christians. I don't forsee the pope producing a paper on sex robots or Occulus Rift anytime soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

feminists are in danger of out christ-in-ing christians. I don't forsee the pope producing a paper on sex robots or Occulus Rift anytime soon :D

Pseudo feminists, surely? Feminists are for equality. I know it's a dirty word now because of these muppets, but can't we reclaim it?! Please? :)

females are more likely to purchase artificial nonhuman substitutes such as vibrators [1] that stimulate a discrete part of the body

Ah but now you can buy silicone... orifices... on Amazon. Apparently. So I'm told. I don't know how they appeared in my 'you might also be interested in' thing. honest.

Shrap wrote: »
    Pseudo feminists, surely? Feminists are for equality. I know it's a dirty word now because of these muppets, but can't we reclaim it?! Please? :)
    First things first, Shrap. A&A has yet to secure universal submission to its decrees about who is, and who is not, a Catholic. I think until that has been achieved it would be unwise to start promulgating encyclicals about who is, and who is not, a feminist.

Is that a no true Scotsman argument? I think its too late , it was bound to happen that as the major goals were achieved it would have problems. All those gender studies and women's studies departments and academics need to be fed. Modern feminism seems to have overlapping layers of misandry and I dont see any criticism coming from within feminism.
    There are still clearly pockets where real activism is still needed , but as a movement its deserving its reputation.

• Advertisement

Feminists are for equality.
    With becoming submission, I would suggest that the majority of people who self-describe as feminists these days are not in favour of equality as they demand privileges - of various kinds - for women which they do not wish for men to have.

I'm not sure there's a word for somebody who supports the idea of total equality between men and women - the countereuphonious 'parityist' or 'eqaulityist' might do the trick, if the simple 'humanist' doesn't.

I'm not sure there's a word for somebody who supports the idea of total equality between men and women - the countereuphonious 'parityist' or 'eqaulityist' might do the trick, if the simple 'humanist' doesn't.
    Egalitarian?

Thunderf00t looks into #ConcernedStudents1950 and the "Safe Space" which a group of SJW's created for themselves at the University of Missouri. Which unfortunately turned out to be less than fully "safe".

Ok, feminism is dead. Rest in pieces.

Christ on a bike, the ignorance :mad: Couldn't even watch all of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Ok, feminism is dead. Rest in pieces.

Christ on a bike, the ignorance :mad: Couldn't even watch all of that.

I cant say I can even begin to understand this skullfck...makeof it what you can :pac:

http://www.metamute.org/community/your-posts/intersectional-or-sectarian

For the radical left 'intersectionality' seemed to be a way of 'achieving effective political unity among the oppressed.'3 Those leftists were embarrassed by their own tradition, which seemed to them to be too mannish. They felt they had ignored questions of oppression, and would make amends through an intersectional approach. The older texts that saw women's oppression as a footnote to the class struggle were set aside.4

The meaning of Intersectionality raised its head in a bitter dispute at the annual Radical Feminist conference in London. The Radical Feminists insisted on a 'women only' space for their discussion. No-one argued that it was a bad idea to reflect the divisions in society in your conference (because most on the radical left shared the RadFems belief that men exploit women and have no direct interest in fighting for equality). But the RadFems were attacked for the exclusion of transsexuals. Transsexuals were not women, but men seeking to invade women's space, said the RadFems. The RadFems were guilty of discrimination, said their intersectional critics. Transsexuals identify as women, and therefore they are women, because gender is a social construct, not a natural one. The RadFems were denounced as Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists, or TERFs. In a moment, all of the moral authority of the Radical Feminists (which was surely resented by those outside the group) disappeared in a twitterstorm of moral disapproval.

[...] make of it what you can [...]
    368393.gif

Interesting that you chose a picture of a woman doing that, Rob.

Are you a sleeper agent of the oppressive patriarchy?

I cant say I can even begin to understand this skullfck...makeof it what you can :pac:

http://www.metamute.org/community/your-posts/intersectional-or-sectarian

Nope.....nothin' in my noggin. Not a notion.

But I quite hope this sh1tstorm has coined the phrase "TERF wars".

• Advertisement

a satire on PC culture. No negative criticism please, I will be triggered :pac:

Advertisement