Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fully Baked Left Wing Vegan Cookies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

That's such a beta thing to say, go punch a wall 3 times to recharge your manliness. :pac:

Don't forget to refuel with Mountain Dew! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Anyway, he is decrying active healthy outdoorsmanship and practical things because he doesnt like them...

I nearly choked laughing at this! First of all, drinking moisture from elephant dung is neither healthy outdoorsmanship, nor practical. Not to mention that a lot of the stuff he does is fake! The fact is, Bear Grylls sells you a fantasy, it might make entertaining viewing, but it's fantasy none the less, and it is most certainly useless. I'd call it bullsh*t, but he'd pretend to eat that too.

Christy42 wrote: »
    A man can still be a survivalist and not kill himself. The article is just click bait to annoy people like JP and get clicks from them. End of. The left wing version of daily mail articles. Not to be taken seriously in any way shape or form.

You know, you're not entirely wrong. Reading the entire thing, the article is as much a promotion for Grayson's upcoming show as anything else. It's clickbaity as hell. But rabble rabble leftists none the less.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Aside from the fact that the guy leading the charge is in fact on the record as being anti male and anti masculinity as regards team sports in his own published research......... Total coincidence though...

By "leading the charge" you mean "one guy of many talking about it publicly".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Links234 wrote: »
    I nearly choked laughing at this! First of all, drinking moisture from elephant dung is neither healthy outdoorsmanship, nor practical. Not to mention that a lot of the stuff he does is fake! The fact is, Bear Grylls sells you a fantasy, it might make entertaining viewing, but it's fantasy none the less, and it is most certainly useless. I'd call it bullsh*t, but he'd pretend to eat that too.

Im not debating the ins and outs of Bear Grylls, Im not a fan of reality TV, Graysons comments were not about the viability of drinking ones own piss, if they were I'd agree with him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A lamb protected by wolves wishes to discard the very type of male traits that enables him to live in freedom, and ponce about in a dress pontificating about "useless, damaging, masculinity". The mind boggles. A living example of a society succumbing to island tameness and discarding its in-group protective traits...
    These are interesting concepts alright. Its always the most genteel and liberal societies that have the most savage military machines though. That's how they can continue to exist.
    Grylls is ex-army and representative of your wolves (even if lot of his stuff is fake).
    Grayson Perry is representative of the genteel liberal lamb living in his own little protected world, but his type funds the army. Both types need each other.
    You know, there might just be a deeper issue when you consider how men suffer depression and suicide, yet have issues talking about mental health and their feelings.
    Also true.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

recedite wrote: »
    Grylls is ex-army and representative of your wolves.

Grylls was a non-combatant.

Yes, he's a fake wolf, or a wolf wannabee.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Grylls was a non-combatant.

Cmon now, you can knock the guy for his reality tv show, celebrity crap and all that nonsense. But just because he had the misfortune of signing up during a time of relative peace and wasnt called upon to fight, you are going to knock his military record?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭finooola

jank wrote: »
    It seems that young university types who would think themselves as liberal are actually quite conservative. Banning the Sun newspaper, pop songs and books that does not fit their moral compass or outlook. It sounds like the 1950's only with extra bandwidth.

I would certainly be against mandatory sensitivity training brain washing as portrayed here.

In other words these people are not left wing, have nothing to do with left politics and so your thread title is incorrect. It annoys me when people misnamed this ****e as "left".

• Advertisement

But just because he had the misfortune of signing up during a time of relative peace and wasnt called upon to fight, you are going to knock his military record?:confused:
    There's always plenty of wars for the British regular army, and if there isn't one ongoing, they will start one.
    Bear was in the PissArtists SAS Reserve though, which is like the FCA. And only for a mere 3 years. However he still represents the army in some informal way, and he has received honorary titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Cmon now, you can knock the guy for his reality tv show, celebrity crap and all that nonsense. But just because he had the misfortune of signing up during a time of relative peace and wasnt called upon to fight, you are going to knock his military record?:confused:

How am I knocking his military record? I spent 26 years in the Irish army as a non-combatant. There are other jobs you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lurkio

Qs wrote: »
    The move to make under-age rugby less of a contact sport is because of the risks of concussion not because of some anti-male conspiracy.

...or the anti-frottage movement.

Don't forget to refuel with Mountain Dew! :pac:

And wear your rubber pants with the studs on the inside. They make a manly morning jog manlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,434 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

we seem to have a replacement to Red from a couple of years back nicknamed Trigglypuff. SJW behaviour seems to be wrecking the heads of people that seem to have mental issues to begin with

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

HAHA, saw that on FB this morning, the chick speaking couldnt have scripted a scene to better illustrate her point.

Trigglypuff: *unintelligible yelling* Ru..Ru. RAPE APOLOGIST

Speaker:"Calm down young lady"

Trigglypuff: " FCUK YOU, FCUK YOOoooouuuu"

Speaker:"The word for third wave campus feminism is not cancer, its madness, utter madness..

Trigglypuff "STOP EXPLOITING WOMEN OF COLOURRRRR"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

silverharp wrote: »
    we seem to have a replacement to Red from a couple of years back nicknamed Trigglypuff. SJW behaviour seems to be wrecking the heads of people that seem to have mental issues to begin with

Is it wrong to find the first comment hilarious?

MrP

Wtf is she on?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Lurkio wrote: »
    Wtf is she on?
    Finger in the air - at least twelve plates of pasta a day.*

* Am I allowed to say this about a fellow-human being?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

robindch wrote: »
    Finger in the air - at least twelve plates of pasta a day.*

* Am I allowed to say this about a fellow-human being?

Speaking as a fat person, yes, yes you are.

MrP

• Advertisement

I'm curious, how do people here feel about the conservative Christian stings against the likes of Planned Parenthood? Not just the recent "baby parts" one where conservative activists David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt were indicted on felony charges, but before that as well, the ones Daleiden's cohorts at the anti-abortion group Live Action, James O'Keefe and Lila Rose conducted. You know what I'm on about, the ones where O'Keefe posed as a pimp trying to secure abortions for his prostitutes, right? Or Rose posing as a 13 year old, trying to get Planned Parenthood staff to say something incriminating. That sort of thing. Pretty horrible, underhanded and unethical stuff, and I think a lot of folks here might agree there. It's such a pity then, that while O'Keefe didn't manage to do much damage to Planned Parenthood, his sting of ACORN and subsequent maliciously edited videos managed to sink the organization in spite of the fact that investigations found no wrongdoing or illegal activity had taken place, and O'Keefe having to pay damages to former employees.

Now, here's the thing, O'Keefe for a time worked at the Leadership Institute. Now, if you think that the Leadership Institute is yet another one of those dodgy right-wing groups, you'd be bang on the money, and you should be very, very suspicious indeed. Their alumni include the aforementioned Lila Rose and David Daleiden, as well as many conservative Christian types, including Indiana Governer Mike Pence, who signed into law the 'Religious Freedom Restoration Act' last year, and Karl bloody Rove. They're basically teaching a who's who of conservative ****bags and propagandists. According to them;
    Since 1979, LI has trained more than 173,000 conservative activists, leaders, and students. The Institute's unique college campus network has grown to more than 1,700 conservative campus groups and newspapers.

Which brings us to who the hell "Campus Reform" are.

From the above video's own description:
    Campus Reform, a project of the Leadership Institute, is America's leading site for college news.

Oh. So basically, we have a mostly contextless video of someone who's inexplicably angry, from a shady group notorious for training conservative activists who routinely produce heavily edited videos that maliciously try to paint their targets in an extremely negative light. What's also interesting is that this video was filmed at an event for "The Triggering" which was basically trolling, a hashtag where people tried to say the most offensive things they could, so it was deliberately trying to provoke exactly this kind of reaction. What a perfect example of conservative astroturfing. Bravo. That's not to defend angry lady in the video, she was honestly stupid enough to give them exactly the kind of reaction they wanted. But my point is, you'd be wise to be a little more critical of this kind of thing.

You dont need to delve too deeply, these people exist, who ever sheds light on them, well, great, let these people and their agenda be exposed.

Its like Right Wing Watch, it does the exact same thing, sheds light on right wing lunatics.

Look at it this way, are there screaming man(and woman) children showing up at left wing or feminist(amounts to the same thing) university events demanding they be shut down and fighting to impose speech codes? The answer is no.

this video was filmed at an event for "The Triggering" which was basically trolling...
    That's not to defend angry lady in the video, she was honestly stupid enough to give them exactly the kind of reaction they wanted. But my point is, you'd be wise to be a little more critical of this kind of thing.
    I'm not sure what your point is here?
    The Campus Reform group is quite open about its aims and ideals.
    I think we are returning to the same logical fallacy you used before;
    a) show that the source of the material is one with known right wing tendencies
    b) declare whatever their argument is, to be defeated on that basis alone.

If anyone was trolling at that event, surely it was the people who travelled to the event just so that they could heckle the speakers?

BTW pasta is not her problem. Drinking the proverbial Kool aid is. These people are trying to turn their society into an idiocracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Oh. So basically, we have a mostly contextless video of someone who's inexplicably angry, from a shady group notorious for training conservative activists who routinely produce heavily edited videos that maliciously try to paint their targets in an extremely negative light. What's also interesting is that this video was filmed at an event for "The Triggering" which was basically trolling, a hashtag where people tried to say the most offensive things they could, so it was deliberately trying to provoke exactly this kind of reaction. What a perfect example of conservative astroturfing. Bravo. That's not to defend angry lady in the video, she was honestly stupid enough to give them exactly the kind of reaction they wanted. But my point is, you'd be wise to be a little more critical of this kind of thing.
    The full video is available here.
    It seems to kick off around the 4.20 mark.
    I can't see what in the video could have caused her to have such a strong reaction.
    She seems to be riled up and ready to go from the beginning.
    I don't see what kind of context can excuse her giving the finger and shouting "f*ck you".
    She reminds me of the lunatics you meet out when your driving, who give you the finger and shout at you over the smallest of things.

I also think there's a serious over-reliance on Ad hominem attacks on the source going on on this thread.

Look at it this way, are there screaming man(and woman) children showing up at left wing or feminist(amounts to the same thing) university events demanding they be shut down and fighting to impose speech codes? The answer is no.

Well, perhaps a few. The rest are busy on the internet spreading misinformation and nonsense.

Well, perhaps a few. The rest are busy on the internet spreading misinformation and nonsense.

travis.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Who needs face-to-face confrontations when you can get 4chan to doxx them and hound them, or just make a bomb threat?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,434 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Who needs face-to-face confrontations when you can get 4chan to doxx them and hound them, or just make a bomb threat?

It seems to be more the SJW tactics of getting things shut down and phoning in bomb threats. Oddly enough I only stumbled over this whole area because of it. by and large you don't hear non feminists trying to no platform feminists etc. Even in the world of Youtube its guys like Thunderf00t that has to put up with SJW's trying to get him fired whereas I don't see a similar reaction to the lacy Greens of youtube. Much better to let them do their thing and refute it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Shining a bright Spotlight on radicalism and absurdity is a surefire way of helping 'the people' see sense.

It's how we have won personal rights and freedoms, and stepped towards equality over and over again.

'No Platform' policies, and attempting to take rationalism out of debate is pretty terrifying imo.

I posted this before here and still think it's terribly important that people realise this.
    Debate > Censorship

Censorship allows a myth / legend to pervade, but destroying someone's arguments can stop them in their tracks.

• Advertisement

Shining a bright Spotlight on radicalism and absurdity is a surefire way of helping 'the people' see sense.

It's how we have won personal rights and freedoms, and stepped towards equality over and over again.

'No Platform' policies, and attempting to take rationalism out of debate is pretty terrifying imo.

I posted this before ............and still think it's terribly important that people realise this.

Pointing out the large hole in the far rights plot is akin to doing the same to a religious persons beliefs - as they aren't based on fact but emotion and faith, it doesn't affect them at all.

Advertisement