Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox 360 divisional round

Options
  • 02-12-2014 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

49ers vs packers dave
    eagles vs bucs cpu
    ravens vs texans pudsy
    pats vs chiefs

Pats best chiefs 28 - 3.

No injuries. Hopefully get through the championship with none.

Good luck dave and pudsy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

Things haven't started out well for the niners. The won the toss and choose to kick

Sidenote: The options kind of bug me, surely there should be a defer option. If team A wins the toss and chooses to kick the ball away, that doesn't mean they receive the ball in the second half. They won the toss and they choose to kick. Team B gets to pick in the second half. If Team A wins the toss and they want to receive the ball in the second half then they must defer the choice until the second half, giving team B the option to Kick or Receive in the first half. From officiating games in the Irish League you wouldn't believe the amount of times that you have to spell it out to people how to make a decision between receiving, kicking and deferring :D:D)

So anyway, the niners win the toss and kick it away. The Packers quickly move down the field and Brandon Bostick the TE gets wide open and takes it to the house from 68 yards leaving bemuddled niners just running into each other. Not to worry, onto the pitch comes Kap who quickly completes a pass to Clay Matthews. Aaron Rodgers then makes use of the short field and finds Jarrett Boykin in the back of the endzone.

Niners decide to run the ball instead of passing and get some success before faltering after a number of bad passes. Phil Dawson comes on to attempt a 48 yarder into the wind, but it falls short.

Rodgers get sacked on 3&10 and they punt it away.
    Then Kapernick gets sacked on 3rd and short and they punt it away to end the 1st quarter. GB leads 14-0.

GB score on a short pass to Bostick again after some good running by Lacy.

Niners decide to put in into gear and complete some good passes down the field getting inside the redzone to the 8 yard line. Crabtree is crossing the back of the endzone, Kap sees him a flings it in his general direction....and it's intercepted. Clinton-Dix decides to bring it out and gets downed at his own 1 yard line.
    This results in a safety on Rodgers as the defence brings everything and the kitchen sink at him.
    Niner score on the next drive with Mr Kapernick passing for 60 yards before running it in himself and the defence does a great job with an interception to set up the offence with the ball and 37 seconds on the clock down 21-9.
    Vernon Davis does a fantastic job of getting the ball down the field in traffic but kap gets sacked back to the 40 yard line with 10 seconds to play so I call a quick deep pass. Stevie Johnson makes his cut and beats his man, plucks the ball out of the sky with the gracefulness and elegance of the finest Junior B midfielder in the country in he has the ball. HE..COULD....GO...ALL...THE..WAY!!! Well, he could have, but he was tackled at the three yard line.

Greenbay lead 21-9 at the half.

Niners receive the ball and decide to deploy Plan V. Pass it to Vernon. The plan works and the XP is good. GB 21-16 SF

GB get down to the 5 yard line of SF thanks to a huge catch by Cobb but the Niners say no more and force them to take the kick for 3. GB lead 24-16 at the end of the 4th.

Plan V again comes to fruitition resulting in points for the Niners to make it 24-22, they choose to go for the 2 point conversion with just over 4 minutes to play in the game.
    Quick out by the slot receiver hits the mark, and we have a tie game.

Greenbay have the ball own their own 40 yard line at the two minute warning.
    Ball gets thrown to the wideout, it's tipped by a defender and caught by another receiver for a first down at the SF 24 yard line with 1:32 to play.
    Niners get 3 tfl to force a 4&14. They get the field goal to go ahead by 3.
    Niners have 2 timeouts with 44 seconds to play, starting on their own 20 yard line.

Three completions to Davis has me at their 29 yard line with no time outs and 26 seconds to play. Hitch to Boldin gets out of bounds at the 15. I wuss out and take the kick to tie the game. They recover the kick with 1 second to play and try for the super long field goal but miss.

We have overtime.
    Niners win the toss and choose to receive.
    Good return back to the 37 yard line.
    Pass to Boldin is good for 12 yards and a first down.
    Davis gets 8 yards, then Gore runs up the middle for a few and a first down.
    Boldin with the hitch to the down marker gets another first. Niners move up to the GB 23 yard line.
    Gore runs the draw up the middle and butt fumbles the ball. Greenbay recover it :(
    I call Gore a f****ing idiot and various other niceities. Thankfully the booth decides to review and overturn the call.
    I get to the 11 yard line but can't convert on 3rd down and kick it over.
    This is it, I stop them and I win. If they kick a kick I get another go, if they get six I'm out.
    First thing is first, boot the ball out the back of the endzone to eliminate the chance of a return. Rodgers passes for nine yards, then they come out in a run heavy set so I take a chance and audible to a blitz. Get good penetration and boom FUMBLE...BALLS LOOSE!!! NINERS RECOVER AND GET THE WIN!!!

That was easily the hardest CPU match I've played in Madden in however long I've being playing Madden. Think I need to get a shot of something decent to calm the auld nerves down :D:D

I also unlocked the Snickers Satisfying Comeback achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kopfan

Great report Dave, those Packers are feckin awesome force in the game, u managed what many of us couldn't!

Best of luck as the Niners march on to their Glory, as is their right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Nice job dave. Make sure you trounce the cpu in the conference championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Pudsy will you get it played this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I've played already

• Advertisement
Advertisement