Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC Geography

Options
  • 02-12-2014 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

This year I'm doing my Junior cert and I was wondering which case studies I really need to know. They don't come up too often on the exams so which ones are important?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

DaleyBlind wrote: »
    This year I'm doing my Junior cert and I was wondering which case studies I really need to know. They don't come up too often on the exams so which ones are important?

Hi I did my JC last year and got the A in Geography, well from my experience I'd say just know to basic facts about each case study for example the case study on a Boreal Climate just know some figures(temp rainfall), plants and adaptations etc.:) Nice username by the way !

• Registered Users Posts: 35 DaleyBlind

coolerboy wrote: »
    Hi I did my JC last year and got the A in Geography, well from my experience I'd say just know to basic facts about each case study for example the case study on a Boreal Climate just know some figures(temp rainfall), plants and adaptations etc.:) Nice username by the way !

Haha thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

I was searching regarding my son's jun, cert geography for this year. I really feel that the teacher is just dossing through the year. Have either of you any other advice that i can help him revise /study . I feel that if I don't make a move soon it will be too late. Am considering making a meeting to see the teacher, but that will probably be a waste of my time and energy. I have done this with my other son where I just sat myself and went through all the exam papers and judged the most likely to show up that year. Had to do it for a few subjects . I made a project of it and he flew the exam and got 3 A's and 4 B's all honours. Any advice would be appreciated

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I was searching regarding my son's jun, cert geography for this year. I really feel that the teacher is just dossing through the year. Have either of you any other advice that i can help him revise /study . I feel that if I don't make a move soon it will be too late. Am considering making a meeting to see the teacher, but that will probably be a waste of my time and energy. I have done this with my other son where I just sat myself and went through all the exam papers and judged the most likely to show up that year. Had to do it for a few subjects . I made a project of it and he flew the exam and got 3 A's and 4 B's all honours. Any advice would be appreciated

Are you a teacher yourself? What makes you think the teacher is 'dossing'?
    If you are comparing the amount of work they appear to do nowadays with what was done years ago, it's not really fair.

I would leave the lad be. It's the JC and it's about finding their way of learning rather than working in the way you would for the LC. I hope your sons don't pick up on your attitudes to the teacher, as that could be very damaging.

Most literate motivated students (up to 40% in each exam) get As and Bs in the Junior Cert.. You can see the national statistics for each exam here: https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=st&sc=r14

It is an exam designed for them to do well. Leave him be.

Advertisement