Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders Licence Application

Options
  • 02-12-2014 4:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi All,

I have a QS Degree from Ireland and all the relevant experience in NSW to apply for a Builders Licence. When I looked up the process it says the degree must be from an Australian University. Has anyone here applied in a similar situation.
    I have tried to contact NSW Fair Trading but they referred me to a trade recognition page on their website which does not deal with professional qualifications.
    Is there a top-up course I could do to get my qualifiication recognised?
    My employer wants me to get it as they are held to ransom by another individual in the company and as a result he is willing to pay my fees etc.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Hi Observed, if you are a building company try one of the builder representatives groups, I know a number of builders here in WA have got their registrations through Queensland and then in WA through mutual recognition, they were having problems with their experience so the same may apply for your degree. Alternatively you could talk to some of the university's offering degrees in Quantity Surveying and see can you get an Australian one through RPL. The first thing to do however is check with the Builders registration body to make sure they don't recognize foreign qualifications and just forgot to mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

observed wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a QS Degree from Ireland and all the relevant experience in NSW to apply for a Builders Licence.
    Are you sure?
    Even if they accept your degree as equivalent to an Australian university. I understood that you also need;
    • Certificate IV in Building and Construction, and
    • 2 years practical experience (under supervisor with a builder/contractor license

Advertisement