Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPad mini 1 or 2?

• 02-12-2014 8:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi

My 13 year old daughter is looking for an iPad mini for Christmas. Should I buy the iPad mini 1 or would I be better off getting the iPad mini 2? Unfortunately I can't stretch to the iPad mini 3.

Thanks in advance.

Christy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ChristyM wrote: »
    Hi

My 13 year old daughter is looking for an iPad mini for Christmas. Should I buy the iPad mini 1 or would I be better off getting the iPad mini 2? Unfortunately I can't stretch to the iPad mini 3.

Thanks in advance.

Christy

Mini 2. I'm just guessing here but I doubt the iPad mini 1 will get any further software updates. It's internals are based on 5 generation of iPad ago (ipad 2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Mini 2 isn't a bad price ... only difference between 2 and 3 is the Touch Sensor .. otherwise same internally

Ideally a refurb mini 2 would be a great deal ... but unlikely this time of year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭ChristyM

Thanks for that. I reckon that I will go with the iPad mini 2.

Would there normally be anymore discounts between now and Christmas or have I missed them all with Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Christy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Would there normally be anymore discounts between now and Christmas or have I missed them all with Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

Christy
    unlikely tbh unless you can get a refurb from apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

mini 2 all the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

mini 2 refurb

Christy

32gb mini 2 silver refurb available at the moment for €319. They do sell quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Tweaky wrote: »
    mini 2 refurb

32gb mini 2 silver refurb available at the moment for €319. They do sell quickly.

Even quicker now!

/nabs

Thanks!

Advertisement