Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City v Liverpool KO 7:45pm Live on BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Good luck ! , 0-3 to the ' pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My stab at the team:

Jones

Manquillo - Lovren - Skrtel - Johnson

Henderson - Gerrard - Allen

Coutinho - Sterling - Lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

2-2 I reckon. Vardy with two for Leicester, Lambert and Lallana for us.

Id say the team might look something like this:
    Mignolet

Johnson - Toure - Lovren - Moreno

Lucas - Can - Henderson

Sterling - Lambert - Lallana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Another 1 nil Liverpool would do me fine.

Would like to see Lallana and Marcovic get a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Leicester are a really poor team that are running out of steam since they scalped United. However they do contain a really good work ethic and will usually give 100% in terms of effort and determination. That is where the quandary lies for Liverpool - if the brittle version that played against Palace turns up and plays with the same lack of professionalism the Leicester team will sniff it out and make life hell for them - and rightly so.

It all depends on attitude and it wouldn't surprise me to see a 2-1 win in either direction.

Obviously i am hoping Liverpool continue the work ethic showed last 2 games and kick onwards ... give the guys that have come in a chance to keep proving themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

brevity wrote: »
    Another 1 nil Liverpool would do me fine.

Would like to see Lallana and Marcovic get a run out.

Markovic is behind too many people for me to actually start.

Sterling, Coutinho or Lallana for example.

It would be nice if he got a cameo if we are clear but thats getting ahead of ourselves!

noodler wrote: »
    Markovic is behind too many people for me to actually start.

Sterling, Coutinho or Lallana for example.

It would be nice if he got a cameo if we are clear but thats getting ahead of ourselves!

Ya I guess. Just would like to see him get some game time. 20 million spent on him just to faff about the place. It's ruining his development IMO...a better option would be to leave him on loan Benfica.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On our joint best unbeaten run of the season (2 games) so confidence should be sky high!

If Leicester play with a bit of energy and can attack with pace there is no reason why they can't get something from this game to be honest.

brevity wrote: »
    Ya I guess. Just would like to see him get some game time. 20 million spent on him just to faff about the place. It's ruining his development IMO...a better option would be to leave him on loan Benfica.

He hasn't shown anything in fairness.

Loaning him out would be seen by many as Rodgers admitting defeat in signing another 20m player (along with Lallana) that he rarely plays.

He hasn't shown anything in fairness.

Loaning him out would be seen by many as Rodgers admitting defeat in signing another 20m player (along with Lallana) that he rarely plays.

He hasn't had enough game time in order to get better. Perhaps a run in the reserves might help. He is only 20 and in a new country so that's obviously a factor that could be affecting him...

I don't think he should be loaned out now either. Too late for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Markovic never looked like a Premier League to me. He hasn't the build for it, and he doesn't get as much time on the ball as he was used to in Portugal.

Serie A would be a great fit for him, IMO, but I'm hoping he proves a lot of us wrong and turns into a top player for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lallana not to play Gerrard to start - Leicester 1 - 1 Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

2-2

Vardy and Ulloa - Lambert x2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

martyos121 wrote: »
    Markovic never looked like a Premier League to me. He hasn't the build for it, and he doesn't get as much time on the ball as he was used to in Portugal.

There are lots of players that don't have the build for it - Nasri, Silva, Mata, Aguero, Sterling, Hazard. But you use your speed and build up your strength and learn how to use your body better. Sterling is a great example - he'd go up against guys much bigger and win, that's what Marko needs to develop. Give him time.

Score draw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

depending on the team, about 4-1 to Liverpool. ;)

Nobody backing the Liverpool clean sheet then! :P

Dickerty wrote: »
    There are lots of players that don't have the build for it - Nasri, Silva, Mata, Aguero, Sterling, Hazard. But you use your speed and build up your strength and learn how to use your body better. Sterling is a great example - he'd go up against guys much bigger and win, that's what Marko needs to develop. Give him time.

20m players don't get that much time.

20m players don't get that much time.

At 20 years of age, they still should. Thankfully, we have a ton of attacking players who are carrying the burden.
    Oh, wait....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

We'll hardly win 2 in a week will we? :pac:

Not sure what sort of team I would put out tonight. On own hand, I want to see the majority of players from Saturday. The did ok like, but on the mother hand, it was only 3 days ago so some changes are needed. Also the fact of the fitness/condition of our strikers has to be questioned.

Mignolet
    Johnson----Srktel----Toure
    Moreno
    Lucas

Allen
    Hendo
    Lallana
    Sterling
    Lambert

That 11 could also see Hendo move to the right & Lallana infield to the 10 spot. But ideally Coutinho would be in the 10 if anyone is playing there. Think Can deserves another run but the 3 lads played ok together the last day so harsh to drop them, and then there's Gerrard. Markovic hasn't payed in a while....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Lazar will get chances. If he's working away in training, he'll be given chances. The squad doesn't have the depth to be picky about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

This is one we really need to be winning if there's any lingering hope at top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

4-4 a legendary night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Liverpool playing away from home against a team I would expect us to beat.
    It has 2-1 Leicester written all over it.

Umaro wrote: »
    4-4 a legendary night.

Make it 4-3 and we have a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Would go:

Ming

Manquillo
    Skrtel
    Toure
    Johnson

Lucas
    Can

Sterling
    Henderson
    Lallana

Ricky

Although I suspect Gerrard will start, and Lallana may not. Coutinho as an impact sub, and maybe Markovic as well.

I would also suspect Lambert is due a rest after playing Sat Wed Sat, but it doesnt look like Brendan wants to play Borini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No time to be resting players we badly need a few wins under our belt to bring up the confidence then you can start to bed in the new players properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Umaro wrote: »
    4-4 a legendary night.

1 all. Historic.

rob316 wrote: »
    No time to be resting players we badly need a few wins under our belt to bring up the confidence then you can start to bed in the new players properly.

This. Apart from Mig. Surprised he's in so many people's teams, id like to see him dropped for this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,093 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

8-10 wrote: »
    This. Apart from Mig. Surprised he's in so many people's teams, id like to see him dropped for this game

That one failed catch near the end aside, I think he was pretty good the last day. Made a good stop at 0-0 on Diouf and that great save from Bojan & also a pretty important catch from a corner at the end. Shouldn't be dropped on that performance. The 5 or 6 before that tho would be a different story!

Mignolet won't be dropped tonight.

I've a concern though that Lucas, Toure and Lambert have all started the last 3 games (and done fairly well) having not played much to that point so he might rotate some of them out. Toure and Lambert are 32/33 as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see changes really, but there won't be one in goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

All well and good saying drop him, but you have to remember that the other option is Brad Jones.

A win is needed tonight, any team serious about top 4 need to be beating Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ulloa has been quiet of late, despite a very bright opening to the season (5 in 5) ..... wouldn't surprise me if he found some form against us this evening.

2-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

If Mignolet wasn't dropped for the Stoke game, he sure as hell won't be dropped now

Think we'll see:

Mignolet
    Johnson Toure Skrtel Enrique
    Gerrard Henderson Allen
    Sterling Lambert Coutinho/Lallana

Turtyturd wrote: »
    A win is needed tonight, any team serious about top 4 need to be beating Leicester.

Whatever about this in isolation, we have had more than enough of these slip ups that we can't afford so far to allow many more. We lost away to Hull last season but that was the exception rather than the rule it has seemed to become so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

For better or worse, we're stuck with Migs until January at very least. Putting a questionable reserve with little game time between the posts at this stage would just be reckless in the extreme.

FitzShane wrote: »
    That one failed catch near the end aside, I think he was pretty good the last day. Made a good stop at 0-0 on Diouf and that great save from Bojan & also a pretty important catch from a corner at the end. Shouldn't be dropped on that performance. The 5 or 6 before that tho would be a different story!

Good to hear. I'll hold my hands up for this one as I missed the entire game on Saturday and haven't even seen highlights (away on holiday)

Turtyturd wrote: »
    All well and good saying drop him, but you have to remember that the other option is Brad Jones.

I see what you did there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

8-10 wrote: »
    I see what you did there!

Move along, move along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

afraid to watch this in case i cant sleep after

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

If anyone knew of a place where one might see this match I'd be grateful if they PM'd that link...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lucas and Gerrard in the same team.

oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god.

B33xpLHCAAEll8W.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I look at that team and my heart sinks a little. Last year we have Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge tearing teams apart.

Looking at the team and wondering how we ended up in crisis with only 1 of that attacking quartet playing. Injuries and "the" departure have murdered us. The replacements don't even look half baked.

Spend an absolute fortune on CBs and walk out for a must win games with skrtel and toure at cb. Great. Keeper in a slump? Left with Brad Jones as the only option.

The 2 midfielders that everyone saw were struggling at the end of last season and at the start of this season...playing tonight, henderson has some job to do the running for these 2. Not sure we've even worked out were we want to play Lallana.

2-0 Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I look at that team and my heart sinks a little. Last year we have Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge tearing teams apart.

Looking at the team and wondering how we ended up in crisis with only 1 of that attacking quartet playing. Injuries and "the" departure have murdered us. The replacements don't even look half baked.

Spend an absolute fortune on CBs and walk out for a must win games with skrtel and toure at cb. Great. Keeper in a slump? Left with Brad Jones as the only option.

The 2 midfielders that everyone saw were struggling at the end of last season and at the start of this season...playing tonight, henderson has some job to do the running for these 2. Not sure we've even worked out were we want to play Lallana.

2-0 Leicester.

I take it you did not watch on saturday were Lucas was good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

I take it you did not watch on saturday were Lucas was good

One decent performance against Stoke doesn't inspire much confidence. I'd have more confidence if he didn't have Gerrard with him, I don't believe they play wel together.

• 5-3 Leicester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fabio Borini RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Fabio Borini RIP

Its a long season. If he's still around after January he'll get a game. Right now its about making Lambert feel that he's the man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

1-1, Cambiasso and Lallana

• Advertisement
Advertisement