Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leicester City v Liverpool KO 7:45pm Live on BT Sport

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Look at the positives lads, we won by 2 goals, it was probably our best performance after the Spurs match. It's progress at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Leicester were lumping every ball into the box. Made sense to bring another big defender on. It shouldn't be a talking point anyway. 3 points away to a team who took points off Everton, utd and arsenal is what's key.

mosstin wrote: »
    If we're rationalising an underperforming CB coming on against one of the weakest sides in the PL, down to 10 men then I'm not sure what's going on anymore. Especially given what we have on the bench.

You obviously know more than Rodgers..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Look at the positives lads, we won by 2 goals, it was probably our best performance after the Spurs match. It's progress at least.

Jaysus, I thought we were awful to be honest.

Certainly was hilarious in the end.

I'll take that again at the weekend please

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We weren't very good at all.

I'd take puke football week in week out as long as we get 3 points.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You obviously know more than Rodgers..

:confused: You think it made sense?

• M!Ck^ , Thanks for the good luck .

I do what I can for all my 'Fans' ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

joe123 wrote: »
    Dont be pedantic, you knew what I meant about the introduction of Markovich.

And why did you contradict yourself? One minute you tell me the game is over at 3-1 and then the next you are saying we needed to get the 3 points?

So if the game is over at 3-1, what was the harm in bringing him on?

I don't see any contradiction.

Throwing on Markovic for 90 seconds would not boost his confidence and it was highly unlikely he would score so it would be pointless to bring him on.

Game was definitely over at that stage but Rodgers did the right thing by strengthening defence to protect lead.
    That's the right decision when things are at a low. Secure the win. Throwing on players for fun can come later when form is better, result secure and team confidence high.

• Advertisement

It was negative but yes I understand it. It worked. Leicester didn't score.

Leicester pumping balls into the box against a team who love conceding goals.

Never met such a negative fan after a win :confused:

You'd bloody swear it was Suarez on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If we're rationalising an underperforming CB coming on against one of the weakest sides in the PL, down to 10 men then I'm not sure what's going on anymore. Especially given what we have on the bench.

Seriously, what is the issue with that sub? Leicester were attacking and our defence is dodgy and Rodgers protected it. No big deal.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Leicester pumping balls into the box against a team who love conceding goals.

Never met such a negative fan after a win :confused:

You'd bloody swear it was Suarez on the bench

Negative? We won but you're deluded if we think we're playing well. Happy to get 3 points but there are so many issues to be addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I do what I can for all my 'Fans' ;)

Please make an appearance on saturday :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't see any contradiction.

Throwing on Markovic for 90 seconds would not boost his confidence and it was highly unlikely he would score so it would be pointless to bring him on.

Game was definitely over at that stage but Rodgers did the right thing by strengthening defence to protect lead.
    That's the right decision when things are at a low. Secure the win. Throwing on players for fun can come later when form is better, result secure and team confidence high.

I need to point out that I was watching on a stream so when I posted that, it was around the 85th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Am I going mad or did BT sports just whitewash the Gerrard dive?

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Negative? We won but you're deluded if we think we're playing well. Happy to get 3 points but there are so many issues to be addressed.

We''ve dogged out a couple of wins. I think it's largely agreed that's what needed to happen. We''re not gonna go straight from getting tonked by Crystal Palace to playing champagne football. Progress is being made, there are no quick fix miracles. What exactly is it you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

What dive would that be?

What dive would that be?

Where he dived going through on goal.

• Advertisement

I hope you aren't referring to the blatant penalty and sending off for the goal keeper incident?

We''ve dogged out a couple of wins. I think it's largely agreed that's what needed to happen. We''re not gonna go straight from getting tonked by Crystal Palace to playing champagne football. Progress is being made, there are no quick fix miracles. What exactly is it you want?

Do we look any more solid? Leicester down to 10 men and they looked like the team with an extra man. I'm looking for organisation at the back and some coherency in our attacking play. Not too much to ask.

I'm guessing you didn't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'll take the 3 points but having spend over £100m on new players in the summer it would be extremely embarrassing to go to Leicester and not win.

Conspiracy

Lol.

I hope you aren't referring to the blatant penalty and sending off for the goal keeper incident?

Yes. I thought it was a dive and second yellow for Gerrard tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Troll-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!!!

I love that Christmas song!

I'll take the 3 points but having spend over £100m on new players in the summer it would be extremely embarrassing to go to Leicester and not win.

:)

• Advertisement

Troll-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!!!

I love that Christmas song!

I'm not trolling. Genuine opinion. Minimal contact and he goes down theatrically. That's a dive

Well you are very wrong.

Do we look any more solid? Leicester down to 10 men and they looked like the team with an extra man. I'm looking for organisation at the back and some coherency in our attacking play. Not too much to ask.

We just won back to back, read my post again and you might see my point second time around.
    Do you expect us to jump from being pure ****e to world beaters In the space of of few days?

It wasn't a dive but it wasn't a penalty either imo.

You would have a point if he went to ground when he first expected contact but he didn't he just jumped up in the air but kept his feet. The keeper did bundle him over. It really wasn't a dive.

5starpool wrote: »

This is correct.

It would have been a harsh pen.

Saying that, a player does that outside the box it's probably gonna be given as a foul.

1-3 anyway, happy days.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »

Contact was almost non-existent. Put it this way, had Young been in that position for United, I'd be ****ing fuming had he gone down when he was almost around the goalkeeper

niallo27 wrote: »
    You would have a point if he went to ground when he first expected contact but he didn't he just jumped up in the air but kept his feet. The keeper did bundle him over. It really wasn't a dive.

I think Schmeichel's face right after it summed it up...he knew he'd gotten away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Contact was almost non-existent.

Nonsense. He clearly ran into Gerrard without making any contact with the ball.

We just won back to back, read my post again and you might see my point second time around.
    Do you expect us to jump from being pure ****e to world beaters In the space of of few days?

Aye and by reading my reply again you'll notice - second time around - that I'm not looking for us to be world beaters. Leicester - bottom of the PL and down to ten men - looked like they had the extra man. I want us to be more solid - we looked nothing of the sort tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This happens to most teams that go down to 10 men though, the rest just dig a bit deeper, they are also losing and are at home so will naturally put us under a bit of pressure for the last 10 or 15 mins, this is par for the course,we dealt well with it, we won!!

• Advertisement

Contact was almost non-existent. Put it this way, had Young been in that position for United, I'd be ****ing fuming had he gone down when he was almost around the goalkeeper

He was looking for the penalty and engineered the collision almost, but that's not the same as a dive.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    This happens to most teams that go down to 10 men though, the rest just dig a bit deeper, they are also losing and are at home so will naturally put us under a bit of pressure for the last 10 or 15 mins, this is par for the course,we dealt well with it, we won!!

Nah, someone summed it up well in the thread, mentioning Benny Hill music every time the ball was pumped into the box. We just looked hapless. Great to win but far from looking dependable at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah, Gerrard dived for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nigel Pearson saying the boo boys should stay at home.

While I do agree with him, I dont think its wise to come out with such remarks when Leicester are on a bad run of results and bottom of the league.

• Please make an appearance on saturday :cool::cool:

Think I'll wait till Old Trafford....at least I won't have to use two screens :P

Aye and by reading my reply again you'll notice - second time around - that I'm not looking for us to be world beaters. Leicester - bottom of the PL and down to ten men - looked like they had the extra man. I want us to be more solid - we looked nothing of the sort tonight.

We beat them 3-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Mick on Matchdays.

matrix-delusion-the-architect.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Think I'll wait till Old Trafford....at least I won't have to use two screens :P

Don't forget your 3rd screen, you horny young man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

b4f80c8f3da0b44fabcc1aaa5838e8e96b1071c6f14228a30390eec202460360.jpg

Should we do up a match thread now?

• OwaynOTT wrote: »
    b4f80c8f3da0b44fabcc1aaa5838e8e96b1071c6f14228a30390eec202460360.jpg

Should we do up a match thread now?

For the sake of the moderators health...probably not a good idea :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement