Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet RJ-45 (with Cat5e) to an RJ-11 DSL port.

Options
  • 02-12-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi folks

Recently moved my Vodafone HG658c router from where it was (sitting room) back to the hall and therefore closer to the port.

Basically some cables got a bit messed around during this process and now i'm a bit confused as to how i'd go about rewiring it.

From what I can tell it comes in to the house, there's an RJ-45 connector on a Cat5e cable that then hits some kind of junction box with connectors that require a punch down tool, where a Blue and Blue-White cable are terminated (the orange and orange-white are not) that cable then connects to another box that when opened has Red, Black, Yellow and Green cables which are fixed down by 4 screws and routed to an RJ-11 port which then connects a cable to the DSL port on my router... I hope that's clear enough, i'm in work and can provide pictures later if needed.

Does anyone know of a simple way that I can wire this in order to use an RJ-11 connector from the original cat5e RJ-45 connection to the wall?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

The phone line will come in on two wires, and these are usually the middle wires (2 and 3) on the RJ11 jack that is plugged in to the phone/router....

Advertisement