Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made boiler

Options
  • 02-12-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Lads and Lassies,

I built a boiler out of a plastic bucket and a couple of argos value kettle elements. There was a bit of a leak on the join so I filled it with some gasket sealer kinda of stinky stuff. Now im wondering if the sealent will impart a flavour into the the beer or worse , cause permanent blindness. The sealer is rated to 200C so it will deffo take the heat. Anyone done anything similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

brucy wrote: »
    Lads and Lassies,

I built a boiler out of a plastic bucket and a couple of argos value kettle elements. There was a bit of a leak on the join so I filled it with some gasket sealer kinda of stinky stuff. Now im wondering if the sealent will impart a flavour into the the beer or worse , cause permanent blindness. The sealer is rated to 200C so it will deffo take the heat. Anyone done anything similar?

It might be worth Googling the gasket sealer to see if its foods safe?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

I think most people who do that use aquarium silicone as people say it's food safe, you know, if it's safe for the fishes etc...

As Oblivious say, maybe google it and see what if it's safe and if not, try cleaning it off and using aquarium silicone or a new bucket with a tighter fit?

Advertisement