Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awards: Poster of the year

• 02-12-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

So the nominations are in, please vote for you winner!

Ecoli
    Clearlier
    Ososlo
    Thebitterlemon
    pconn062
    Sacksian

Feel free to discuss your decision, but remember no-one asked to be nominated so please don't talk down their selection/performance.

Polls will be open for one week!

Poster of the year 84 votes

ecoli
    0% 0 votes
    Ososlo
    60% 51 votes
    Clearlier
    19% 16 votes
    Thebitterlemon
    2% 2 votes
    pconn062
    10% 9 votes
    Sacksian
    7% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

This thread is getting no love.

I voted for ecoli, down to the fact that he contributes to every aspect of athletics on this forum, both from an elite and non-elite point of view. Whether it's the marathon, cross-country, middle distance, sprinting, jumping, throws, race-walking, he always tends to have something worthwhile to add to discussions. Someone with an all-round knowledge of this very diverse sport will get my vote every single time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Chivito550 wrote: »
    This thread is getting no love.

I voted for ecoli, down to the fact that he contributes to every aspect of athletics on this forum, both from an elite and non-elite point of view. Whether it's the marathon, cross-country, middle distance, sprinting, jumping, throws, race-walking, he always tends to have something worthwhile to add to discussions. Someone with an all-round knowledge of this very diverse sport will get my vote every single time.

+1, and for the fact he is the perrenial bridesmaid, I think he has come second the last 5 or 6 years in a row :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

menoscemo wrote: »
    +1, and for the fact he is the perrenial bridesmaid, I think he has come second the last 5 or 6 years in a row :pac:

He won last year! :pac:
    (I thought I was going crazy for a minute :) )

RayCun wrote: »

Meh, he'll always be a Jimmy White in my book ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ososlo for me. Always posts in a civil and polite and interesting fashion. I would have voted for me, but unfortunately I'm not on the list....FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

walshb wrote: »
    Ososlo for me. Always posts in a civil and polite and interesting fashion. I would have voted for me, but unfortunately I'm not on the list....FFS!

Wow! Seriously? I thought I was the "novelty act" nomination :)

I am polite once there isn't a doctor in the house ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

walshb wrote: »
    I would have voted for me, but unfortunately I'm not on the list....FFS!

Pity there was no Troll of the Year.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

RayCun wrote: »

Well he won't win next year :rolleyes: Although Ecoil11 or whatever he is called might :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

Have to say I went for Clearlier.

When I left I mentioned his name to a few people I was in contact with as probably one of the most engaging and I hoped he would become a bit more active (he must have read my mind) and came on at a time when boards was in dire need of a bit of fresh blood between all the spats to take up from my over bearing presence here :)

Special mention also to pconn who probably has a picture of me on his dart board for roping him into taking my place as a mod. If he doesn't win this he atleast deserves a lifetime achievement award for putting up with the amount of crap he had to this year (Sorry again :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

ECOLII wrote: »

When I left I mentioned his name to a few people I was in contact with as probably one of the most engaging and I hoped he would become a bit more active (he must have read my mind) and came on at a time when boards was in dire need of a bit of fresh blood between all the spats to take up from my over bearing presence here :)

Special mention also to pconn who probably has a picture of me on his dart board for roping him into taking my place as a mod. If he doesn't win this he atleast deserves a lifetime achievement award for putting up with the amount of crap he had to this year (Sorry again :P)

I'll never forgive you for that particular poison chalice! :pac:

Still, you got my vote for poster of the year. I've learned a lot from your advice as I'm sure many other have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Pity there was no Troll of the Year.....

Please don't accuse people of trolling on thread, it serves no purpose. Please use the report post button if you have an issue with a particular post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

ECOLII wrote: »

That's very kind of you but you got my vote.

A good forum has a team of posters all contributing different things in different ways. For an example of a non-nominated poster look to AKW who is always ready to help with really good recommendations when it comes to questions of equipment.

I chose ecoli for a number of reasons. It's worth noting the endless patience as well although that's a trait shared by many on this forum. The breadth of his contributions is remarkable. They are consistently of a high quality and always positive. He's incredibly open about his thought processes and always looking to improve his knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Everyone's so modest this year. Last year we had TRR and Meno openly voting for themselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Went for Ososlo myself. A trogan amount of given throughout the year. Very consistent and generous with her time.

(If I could vote for myself I would......!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

I voted for Ososlo- she talked the talk by publicly questioning the 2013 DM mentors abilities, and followed through by walking the walk in her hugely successful 2014 mentor role. Sometimes it takes guts to say what isn't popular, but is for the greater good. And more importantly, it takes a lot of hard work to follow through with the detailed perseverance like she did. The AR forum needs more people like her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I agree what's been said about Ososlo, but I went for TbL myself.
    As Murph_D said a while back, "You have a way with words maestro".
    That's usually a way that keeps everyone here amused, despite how serious it can get sometimes :).
    This goes alongside his own great training & improvement as well as his constant backing and support of others.
    It's a tough category with very worthy nominees, but that's my two cents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    I voted for Ososlo- she talked the talk by publicly questioning the 2013 DM mentors abilities, and followed through by walking the walk in her hugely successful 2014 mentor role. Sometimes it takes guts to say what isn't popular, but is for the greater good. And more importantly, it takes a lot of hard work to follow through with the detailed perseverance like she did. The AR forum needs more people like her.

Well said

I take it all Back, more like Stephen Hendry ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Well done ECOLII. Never in any doubt!

I however, am walking on air that I came second! I'm still not exactly sure why/how I came second in that field!

I feel as happy as if I won due to coming second to ECOLII and reading the lovely comments from Kurt, Dublin Runner and Walshb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Ososlo wrote: »
    Well done ECOLII. Never in any doubt!

I however, am walking on air that I came second! I'm still not exactly sure why/how I came second in that field!

I feel as happy as if I won due to coming second to ECOLII and reading the lovely comments from Kurt, Dublin Runner and Walshb!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yup, it's a win-win position here :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

Cheers everyone.

I am actually more delighted to see so many diverse opinions on this. Alot of the time you can nearly predict who is voting for who before anything is announce but I think the fact that there are so many different posters with so many different opinions is an optimistic thing for the forum overall

Advertisement