Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Awards: Performance of the year

• 02-12-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭

happygoose completing in the 10 Round Numbers
    thewolf - 4.26 1500m, 2nd Dublin graded
    Krusty's Frankfurt Marathon
    paddybarry's 2:55 for his debut marathon in a difficult DCM
    Ultraman1 at Spartathlon
    TRR_The turd - Beer Mile.
    claralara: Donadea
    Yaboya1 in Berlin Marathon

Feel free to discuss your decision, but remember no-one asked to be nominated so please don't talk down their selection/performance.

Polls will be open for one week!

Performance of the year 75 votes

happygoose completing the 10 Round Numbers
    0% 0 votes
    thewolf - 4.26 1500m 2nd Dublin graded
    9% 7 votes
    Krusty Frankfurt Marathon
    5% 4 votes
    paddybarry's 2:55 for his debut marathon in a difficult DCM
    20% 15 votes
    Ultraman1 at Spartathlon
    18% 14 votes
    TRR_The turd - Beer Mile.
    26% 20 votes
    claralara: Donadea
    8% 6 votes
    Yaboya1 in Berlin Marathon
    12% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

So many good choices. Having tried to wrap up the '10 Round Numbers' on an number of occasions, I'd probably vote for HappyGoose, but he hasn't done it yet, right? There's still a 3,000m race to go! So will have to hold off on my vote until I see an update. If there was a best all-rounder, I'd vote for HappyGoose too (as long as he completes the list). Hard to choose from all of the other performances, but would tend to vote on those events closest to my own areas of interest, so the beer mile, or one of the marathon performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

So many good choices. Having tried to wrap up the '10 Round Numbers' on an number of occasions, I'd probably vote for HappyGoose, but he hasn't done it yet, right? There's still a 3,000m race to go! So will have to hold off on my vote until I see an update. If there was a best all-rounder, I'd vote for HappyGoose too (as long as he completes the list). Hard to choose from all of the other performances, but would tend to vote on those events closest to my own areas of interest, so the beer mile, or one of the marathon performances.

Good point! Maybe happygoose could fill us in about whether he knocked out the 3k or not! Still a pretty great performance to have that range from 400m-marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

A half marathon and marathon PB in 2014 and yet I get nominated for a fcuking beer mile :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

A half marathon and marathon PB in 2014 and yet I get nominated for a fcuking beer mile :rolleyes:

From a recent article about the beer mile:

Later, Harris will say that he might have misjudged it all. After setting the record a year earlier, he’d focused on real running, not beer running, hoping to transition into an elite marathoner. Maybe being a young man with a promising amateur career still in the balance made him uncertain of where his true destiny lies. There are very few men in the world capable of a 2:15 marathon, and according to Harris’s coach, he might be one of them. But being a 2:11 marathoner isn’t going to get you on TMZ, The Tonight Show, or ESPN. The choices are confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone can run a 2:35:03 marathon. But a sub 7 minute beer-mile? Stuff of legends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

I haven't :o
    There's a 3k left at the AIT Meet on the 17th Dec, decisions decisions:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

happygoose wrote: »
    There's a 3k left at the AIT Meet on the 17th Dec, decisions decisions:confused:

One in Wicklow town this thur evening if you happen to be anywhere local to here.

Time trials on the track are fine. Just run the 7.5 laps tomorrow in sub 10 so I can vote for you please. :)

Just seen this now Timmaay, had the Novice at the weekend there anyway so I was resting up.

Cheers Chivito :) I'll get down to Athlone, never been to AIT and there's a few of the underage Club crew heading down. Ya travelling yourself to do the 300?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Just seen this now Timmaay, had the Novice at the weekend there anyway so I was resting up.

Cheers Chivito :) I'll get down to Athlone, never been to AIT and there's a few of the underage Club crew heading down. Ya travelling yourself to do the 300?

I've already voted for you as Performance of the Year - only 15 (short) laps between you and immortality! No pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Sacksian wrote: »
    I've already voted for you as Performance of the Year - only 15 (short) laps between you and immortality! No pressure.

Sure once you can do the 400 and the marathon, the rest is just filler. I'll give you my vote in good faith that you won't let me down in Athlone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Sure once you can do the 400 and the marathon, the rest is just filler. I'll give you my vote in good faith that you won't let me down in Athlone ;)

Dammit, I already voted for trr. Both courageous performances.

Yer forgiven for holding up the show yesterday so :)

I've also given you the vote in advance. Lots of pressure building up now!

Yep, will be down for the baseline meet. Going to do a 150 and 300.

Advertisement