Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basis Peak

• 02-12-2014 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

I think at the moment this looks to be the best option out there for a mix of smartwatch and fitness band.

what do people think? i would have loved this for xmas, but god knows when exactly itll be available here. getting it from uk not a problem.

http://www.mybasis.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi, can I ask did you get it in the end? If yes, any feedback?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

irishgrover - no i didnt in the end. there were a couple of reasons looking online why i didnt, cant remember exactly. i think it wasnt being launched in time or something, or the battery life.

i ended up getting a fitbit surge instead. it serves its purpose well and im happy enough with it. unfortunately an injury in april coupled with a new baby means that i have not used in months now and dont expect to again for another few months, so its just sitting there.

the surge is well integrated with giving you proper data via its app, and i believe its now linked in with strava. its accurate enough for me, although its slightly thicker than i would have hoped, meaning that i cant really use it as well as i would have liked underneath work shirts, as i have to unbutton before checking it.

the basis was due to have firmware upgrade to show notifications. they hadnt done so by the time i bought, and the surge gives text and call notification. these are handy enough. battery life is at least 1 week for me using gps 3-4 times a week for an hour each time and during the day at the time i had it.

any questions about the surge feel free to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Spipov,
    thanks a mill for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I've been doing further reading and think I will go for the basis. I'm getting this for someone other than me and their needs possibly more suited to the basis. Specifically it seems to have a very good HR monitor + it seems to be very simple from a usability point of view. There are no buttons, the watch automatically switches between modes etc.
    thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

good luck with that irishgrover. i couldnt comment on the peak to be honest.

well wear to whoever gets it.

Advertisement