Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrade now or wait?

• 02-12-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I'm due an upgrade next week and thinking about getting the Note 4. But am I better off waiting a few months for the next cycle of phones to come along like the new galaxy or HTC m9 and deciding then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

I suppose it will be about 4 months before the next iteration is out. Can you wait that long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

And in four months time, there'll be another set of beauties ready to land four months after that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭nedd

true, for ever and ever!

But there will almost certainly a new HTC One (M9), a Samsung Galaxy S6 and Sony Z4 in the March/April timeframe. (if previous years are anything to go by)

But, will any of those phones be a significant enough upgrade to the current stock to make you regret getting the HTC One M8, Samsung Galaxy S5 or Sony Xperia Z3 now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Get the note if you want it, just don't tie yourself into a long contract.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Get the note if you want it, just don't tie yourself into a long contract.

Aint mostlya ll contracts now 24month? I'm on an 18 and the prices i've been quoted for an M8 (Currently on M7) are ridiculous on Meteor

Then again i'm only on 25Euro/month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I'm betting on the s6 being significantly different. The few leaks that have come out are referencing a much sturdier build quality for example. I don't think it's going to the same as the s4-s5 transition - those phones are basically identical

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Carrollman

On the family and friends Emobile deal at the moment so would like to stay on that coz I do use a lot of data. I have the nexus 5 currently so could hold out till then or another option would be to get the Note 4,start my contract again and sell it when the new HTC or Galaxy come out?

Advertisement