Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Katie Price was right when she said not to underestimate the Pricey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Saralee4 wrote: »
    just watching the final bots there and Katie h says if Perez hadn't been there then she would be the villain.

She knew exactly what she was doing. Creating a 'villain" to take the spotlight off her horribleness. I keep hearing her talking about the 'soft side' and how it kills her if you compliment her. I think she is almost telling people what to think and doesn't actually feel that way all. There isn't a soft side. I feel like she just plays a character to fit what she thinks will be of benefit to her at the time whether its good guy or bad guy.

You couldn't have hit that nail more on the head imo!! If you admire money making I would tip my hat to Hopkins but aside from that...

Hopkins is on The Late Late Show this Friday.................. Plus side being she'll no doubt slate smug clueless Tubridy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

fr336 wrote: »
    Hopkins is on The Late Late Show this Friday.................. Plus side being she'll no doubt slate smug clueless Tubridy

They'd probably get on!

They'd probably get on!

I doubt she'll be getting any calls from Norton somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I watched every episode this year but as the OH was away on Friday night I never watched the final and have no clue who won. Towards the end I was not really all that bothered, wonder how long I can keep it up?

Other than this thread, which I have Unfollowed since last week, I don't read anything where I am likely to find out

I'm playing the game right now..and I'm playing it..so well...

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

I'm playing the game right now..and I'm playing it..so well...

Its the Perez show it's the Perez Show....i'm back in action, i'm back in action

I miss the Perez Show

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Why do people keep booking the poisonous old attention seeker? If people stopped giving this rent-a-troll oxygen, she'd eventually just crawl back under her stone and fade back into her old life of chasing fame and other people's husbands.

Why do people keep booking the poisonous old attention seeker? If people stopped giving this rent-a-troll oxygen, she'd eventually just crawl back under her stone and fade back into her old life of chasing fame and other people's husbands.

She'll reveal herself again. She doesn't have anything worth being famous for. Hopefully she comes out with some other awful belief that she feels she needs to tell people and the public will be wise to her again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Steve Strange, rumored every year for CBB. Will never happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

She'll reveal herself again. She doesn't have anything worth being famous for. Hopefully she comes out with some other awful belief that she feels she needs to tell people and the public will be wise to her again.

I'm guessing she will call us all potato eaters and suggest British rule again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Having been on boards in months, but I'm shocked by the amount of Perez apologists in the last few pages of this thread alone. Kinda glad I steered clear of here while this series was on to be honest. I thought he was a repulsive human being before the show and to my amazement I have an even worse opinion of him now (I didn't think that was possible).

bopper wrote: »
    Having been on boards in months, but I'm shocked by the amount of Perez apologists in the last few pages of this thread alone. Kinda glad I steered clear of here while this series was on to be honest. I thought he was a repulsive human being before the show and to my amazement I have an even worse opinion of him now (I didn't think that was possible).

Nobody ever apologised for him. I think most people here who were pro-perez just couldn't see what the problem with him was. Personally he wouldn't bother me and I think during arguments with Katie Hopkins that he made some very good points. Even if he did annoy me, I wouldn't go around trying to isolate and provoke him. I think the housemates reactions to Perez gave a very good insight into the type of people they were more than reveal who perez was.

Anyone see Cruella on The Late Late?

Yeah, she was very lively, Mark wanted to ride her ;)

Very pissed audience and guests tonight, Ronan O'Gara made an off the cuff remark that shocked the audience into silence, I reckon when he gets home he'll be in the dog house :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

deisemum wrote: »
    Yeah, she was very lively, Mark wanted to ride her ;)

Very pissed audience and guests tonight, Ronan O'Gara made an off the cuff remark that shocked the audience into silence, I reckon when he gets home he'll be in the dog house :D

What did he say?

Ryan mentioned the huge number of points he scored over his career and the 5 children under 6 that he has and asked which was his favourite figure or something along those lines. ROG replied that "I wouldn't be nervous getting up on Jessica, but I'd be nervous kicking a ball" :eek:

deisemum wrote: »
    Ryan mentioned the huge number of points he scored over his career and the 5 children under 6 that he has and asked which was his favourite figure or something along those lines. ROG replied that "I wouldn't be nervous getting up on Jessica, but I'd be nervous kicking a ball" :eek:

Is Hopkins going to hire a new Perez for everything she does now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Well, whatever about people's opinions of Perez, I don't think anyone can disagree that this was one of the most bad-tempered CBBs ever, if not THE most bad-tempered. :o:o:o;)

• Advertisement

Nobody ever apologised for him. I think most people here who were pro-perez just couldn't see what the problem with him was. Personally he wouldn't bother me and I think during arguments with Katie Hopkins that he made some very good points. Even if he did annoy me, I wouldn't go around trying to isolate and provoke him. I think the housemates reactions to Perez gave a very good insight into the type of people they were more than reveal who perez was.

I understand if people found him entertaining. I'd personally find getting my teeth pulled more entertaining but each to their own. If someone can't even acknowledge how awful and offensive some of his behaviour was though, then I think that must be a case of selective viewing/hearing.

I would also never support a notorious bully just because they've become a victim of bullying themselves. Perez spent the most part of his adult life being a bully, it's how he made a name for himself. He was just as guilty as anyone else in there for provoking.

Of course it's never nice viewing to see someone be picked on and isolated, but for me that's not reason enough to forgive someone for the other terrible things they've done/said. I didn't enjoy watching Ken Morley be hated by the entire house, but that didn't make me think he was a nice person all of a sudden who deserved to win!

I understand if people found him entertaining. I'd personally find getting my teeth pulled more entertaining but each to their own. If someone can't even acknowledge how awful and offensive some of his behaviour was though, then I think that must be a case of selective viewing/hearing.

I would also never support a notorious bully just because they've become a victim of bullying themselves. Perez spent the most part of his adult life being a bully, it's how he made a name for himself. He was just as guilty as anyone else in there for provoking.

Of course it's never nice viewing to see someone be picked on and isolated, but for me that's not reason enough to forgive someone for the other terrible things they've done/said. I didn't enjoy watching Ken Morley be hated by the entire house, but that didn't make me think he was a nice person all of a sudden who deserved to win!

i wouldn't compare perez to ken.

This is all stuff ive said before but anyway, the only things i seen Perez do was look for a bit of attention by dancing and acting silly. He did react to other people, sometimes badly, but in defence. I didn't see him target anyone maliciously. We've said before that his job of 'bullying' is more or less media. Sometimes celebrities are 'outed' as gay, slated for wearing no makeup, putting on weight, having affairs but this is part of our media culture today. I wouldn't hold that against him and I genuinely don't think that he is a bad person and i think he could be quite funny. I watched every episode.

On the other hand, Katie Hopkins openly slates children with red hair, people with weight problems, children with adhd etc. and she stands by those ignorant beliefs. She had a vendetta against perez and over exaggerated things he did in order to get the other housemates behind her and then used pack mentality. She was sometimes subtle about it and sometimes it was plainly obvious. When Perez was gone she moved onto Jordan and Keith. She would go around her group and plant seeds about them to the other HMs. We see this with Callum, where she nit picked at Jordan for her reasons for nominating him and then went on to bond with callum over this when Jordan could use whatever reasons she wanted to.

at the end of the day i would rather be in a house with perez than a lot of the other housemates.

i wouldn't compare perez to ken.

This is all stuff ive said before but anyway, the only things i seen Perez do was look for a bit of attention by dancing and acting silly. He did react to other people, sometimes badly, but in defence. I didn't see him target anyone maliciously. We've said before that his job of 'bullying' is more or less media. Sometimes celebrities are 'outed' as gay, slated for wearing no makeup, putting on weight, having affairs but this is part of our media culture today. I wouldn't hold that against him and I genuinely don't think that he is a bad person and i think he could be quite funny. I watched every episode.

On the other hand, Katie Hopkins openly slates children with red hair, people with weight problems, children with adhd etc. and she stands by those ignorant beliefs. She had a vendetta against perez and over exaggerated things he did in order to get the other housemates behind her and then used pack mentality. She was sometimes subtle about it and sometimes it was plainly obvious. When Perez was gone she moved onto Jordan and Keith. She would go around her group and plant seeds about them to the other HMs. We see this with Callum, where she nit picked at Jordan for her reasons for nominating him and then went on to bond with callum over this when Jordan could use whatever reasons she wanted to.

at the end of the day i would rather be in a house with perez than a lot of the other housemates.

I wasn't comparing Ken to Perez, they both behaved horribly, but in very different ways. I was using the example of someone unpleasant being isolated from the rest of the house. I guarantee that if Ken had stayed longer and continued to be isolated in the way he was, he would have started to gain loads of fans, and his previous behaviour would have been forgotten. Viewers just love the outcast/underdog.

Personally I don't buy the whole "it's his job" excuse for being a bully. Not every reporter/blogger is as nasty as Perez, he has his reputation for a reason. Regardless of whether he targeted anyone in the house maliciously or not (he did, but I've a feeling we'll just have to agree to disagree there), he has been targeting people maliciously for most his career.

I don't see what Katie Hopkins has to do with Perez's behaviour, but bringing her up really highlights the fact that a lot of support for Perez this year has come down to "At least he's not as bad as Katie H", "Let's support Perez because it will really p*ss Katie H off". Personally I couldn't care less what Hopkins or anyone else in there thinks of him, I still would never condone someone like him. Just because I dislike Perez doesn't mean I have to support Hopkins. At the end of the day her ignorant opinions could just as easily be described as "her job", in the same way Perez's nasty reporting can be described as his. He's slagged people off for gaining weight, said awful things about teenage girls, drew penises next to their faces etc. They both earn their keep in a very similar way. I don't think one should be given a free pass over the other. The reason they're so alike is probably why they don't get along.

Each to their own in terms of who you support but I think it's a shame that the show focuses so heavily on these bitter rivalrys the past few series that in the end it's usually hard to root for anyone.

It comparing Ken to Perez, they both behaved horribly, but in very different ways. I was example of someone unpleasant being isolated from the rest of the house. I guarantee that if Ken had stayed longer and continued to be isolated in the way he was, he would have started to gain loads of fans, and his previous behaviour would have been forgotten. Viewers just love the outcast/underdog.

Personally I don't buy the whole "it's his job" excuse for being a bully. Not every reporter/blogger is as nasty as Perez, he has his reputation for a reason. Regardless of whether he targeted anyone in the house maliciously or not (he did, but I've a feeling we'll just have to agree to disagree there), he has been targeting people maliciously for most his career.

I don't see what Katie Hopkins has to do with Perez's behaviour, but bringing her up really highlights the fact that a lot of support for Perez this year has come down to "At least he's not as bad as Katie H", "Let's support Perez because it will really p*ss Katie H off". Personally I couldn't care less what Hopkins or anyone else in there thinks of him, I still would never condone someone like him. Just because I dislike Perez doesn't mean I have to support Hopkins. At the end of the day her ignorant opinions could just as easily be described as "her job", in the same way Perez's nasty reporting can be described as his. He's slagged people off for gaining weight, said awful things about teenage girls, drew penises next to their faces etc. They both earn their keep in a very similar way. I don't think one should be given a free pass over the other. The reason they're so alike is probably why they don't get along.

Each to their own in terms of who you support but I think it's a shame that the show focuses so heavily on these bitter rivalrys the past few series that in the end it's usually hard to root for anyone.

We will have to disagree. I see his job as a I see most tabloid journalists or like a comedian would make a joke about a celebrity and often what they say works for the celebrities and gives them publicity. It's a bit different than condemning all red headed children because they are born that way.

The reason why Katie Hopkins is brought into the argument where perez is concerned is because she was a big part of creating this idea that Perez was such a horrible person. She exaggerated minor things that he did and played on this by provoking him into reactions. She walked behind him, repeating herself, chanting at him. Even when she came right into his face and in his personal space and would not go away from him, he got made out to be the bad guy because he said he would lick her face. He said this to get her away from him. I know that if somebody came up to my face that close, repeating what they were saying that I would feel very intimidated and I would probably push them away but perez instead I believe tried to make a joke and to lighten this by saying 'come up in my face and ill lick you".

Some people don't see the effect and manipulation that Katie Hopkins brought to the house. The only thing that I seen perez do was the thing with his fingers at Alexander but I also saw sides of Alexander that were not very nice during their argument. Other than that I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to how awful perez was. He wouldn't anger me the way other people seem to get wound up. That's just what I think and how I saw the situation when watching it.

Each to their own in terms of who you support but I think it's a shame that the show focuses wants to focus so heavily on these bitter rivalrys the past few series that in the end it's usually hard to root for anyone.

FYP. :o:o:D:D;);)

We will have to disagree. I see his job as a I see most tabloid journalists or like a comedian would make a joke about a celebrity and often what they say works for the celebrities and gives them publicity. It's a bit different than condemning all red headed children because they are born that way.

The reason why Katie Hopkins is brought into the argument where perez is concerned is because she was a big part of creating this idea that Perez was such a horrible person. She exaggerated minor things that he did and played on this by provoking him into reactions. She walked behind him, repeating herself, chanting at him. Even when she came right into his face and in his personal space and would not go away from him, he got made out to be the bad guy because he said he would lick her face. He said this to get her away from him. I know that if somebody came up to my face that close, repeating what they were saying that I would feel very intimidated and I would probably push them away but perez instead I believe tried to make a joke and to lighten this by saying 'come up in my face and ill lick you".

Some people don't see the effect and manipulation that Katie Hopkins brought to the house. The only thing that I seen perez do was the thing with his fingers at Alexander but I also saw sides of Alexander that were not very nice during their argument. Other than that I don't know what people are talking about when it comes to how awful perez was. He wouldn't anger me the way other people seem to get wound up. That's just what I think and how I saw the situation when watching it.

I still don't think bullying behaviour can simply be excused as being someone's job. There's a difference between reporting and being nasty. It's the difference between writing about someone who put on weight, or mocking them for putting on weight, calling them names, and drawing cheeseburgers next to their face. Or the difference between simply criticising someone for smoking while pregnant, or drawing a stick figure baby in their stomach with "cough cough" next to it after the person has had a miscarriage. Even if he was just trying to be funny it doesn't really make a difference to me. Again, you could just as easily say Hopkins is trying to funny. I wouldn't say it's alright for Frankie Boyle to make comments on Katie Price's disabled son even though he means it as a joke.

There was more than just the Alexander stuff. Ironically his unprovoked verbal tirade against Hopkins in one of the first episodes where he called her a c*nt is what seemed to turn viewers off him initially. Plus there was what he said to Callum about shoving his d*ck up him, telling Ken he needs to fear for his safety when he gets out, telling Patsy something she said about Alex seemed racist, labelling not one, not two, but three housemates homophobic for not liking him. I could go on and on.

I knew people would want to keep him to cause drama and to sh*t stir, but it still baffles me people wanted him to do well because they thought he was nice person! Oh well, I guess the show wouldn't do as well as it does if we all agreed on who deserves to win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Now its all over for another year and this thread makes me think of one song, "Let it go, Let it go....... ". See yez next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

Now its all over for another year and this thread makes me think of one song, "Let it go, Let it go....... ". See yez next year.

On that note, does it be on twice a year?

On that note, does it be on twice a year?

Be on twice a year it does indeed - as pointed out all the way back in post #17 did I. :o:D:);)
    It's been nearly four years now since C5 picked up BB, and in that time they've always aired one celeb series in August/September and another the following January.

CBB8: 18 August '11 – 8 September '11
    CBB9: 5 January '12 – 27 January '12
    CBB10: 15 August '12 – 7 September '12
    CBB11: 3 January '13 – 25 January '13
    CBB12: 22 August '13 – 13 September '13
    CBB13: 3 January '14 – 29 January '14
    CBB14: 18 August '14 – 12 September '14

So we should be seeing CBB16 in six months' time. ;)

• Advertisement

:eek:

b9we-x-ccaafpqn.jpg

Advertisement