Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Merkin wrote: »
    I can see your point Tasden although it never even occurred to me that anyone would associate his behaviour with sexual preferences. That being said, if someone is a bigot then that kind of behaviour will merely add fuel to the homophobic fire so I see where you're coming from.

In saying that ( and up until recently I really like Michelle) I don't believe gay equality was top of her agenda in this instance. I think her priority was to highlight what an annoying numpty he is and she wants him out so she, rather manipulatively, chose to bring his sexuality into it too.

100% agree, I couldn't articulate it that well! :o
    I liked her til that rant too, it was very opportunistic or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Hands up, I love Michelle Visage and have for ages, and am delighted she's in the house. I think she has been excellent but has let herself down a bit at times, especially not calling out Cami-li on some of her comments, but to be fair, people are painting Alicia as some poor little dear - this is a woman who has built her name around selling kiss and tell stories to trashy tabloids so my heart is not exactly breaking for her.

I've watched Michelle on tv for years, heard her on the radio, and I really don't think she was being opportunistic in terms of her crying yesterday. I've never seen her break down like that before - she's adopted and has often talked about feeling "abandoned/not wanted" to a degree, but has always spoke about it with clarity, not looking for pity. She has a bad cold, she's away from her family, and she has to deal with that gobsh1te Perez Hilton for 24 hours a day, I think she just had a bit of a breakdown and just wants rid of him out of the house. Perhaps she went the wrong way about it, but she did give him a chance at the start and tried talking to him but he's a muppet and she's officially had it with him.

/end defence of Michelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Hands up, I love Michelle Visage and have for ages, and am delighted she's in the house. I think she has been excellent but has let herself down a bit at times, especially not calling out Cami-li on some of her comments, but to be fair, people are painting Alicia as some poor little dear - this is a woman who has built her name around selling kiss and tell stories to trashy tabloids so my heart is not exactly breaking for her.

I've watched Michelle on tv for years, heard her on the radio, and I really don't think she was being opportunistic in terms of her crying yesterday. I've never seen her break down like that before - she's adopted and has often talked about feeling "abandoned/not wanted" to a degree, but has always spoke about it with clarity, not looking for pity. She has a bad cold, she's away from her family, and she has to deal with that gobsh1te Perez Hilton for 24 hours a day, I think she just had a bit of a breakdown and just wants rid of him out of the house. Perhaps she went the wrong way about it, but she did give him a chance at the start and tried talking to him but he's a muppet and she's officially had it with him.

/end defence of Michelle

I watched a Louis theroux doc before and he was spending time with max Clifford. He was working for Simon Cowell and a kiss and tell came out about Cowell. I can't remember exactly what was said but it was obvious that alot of those types of kiss and tells were completely set up on both sides and influenced by management, max Clifford. For whatever reason Cowell wanted it and probably alicia was somehow involved with max Clifford so it's a way to get publicity for both the clients. It's not right but I just mean that half of those kiss and tells are not even true.

When Perez Hilton freaked out at Katie for her affair, he said something, can't remember exactly what it was but it made me think he has been diagnosed with some kind of personality disorder. He is desperate for attention good or bad and Michelle and her pals are just being stupid rising to it.

I don't think that Perez represents gay people and I think that was a manipulative move on her part to try to hold that against him or plant that in people's head. There attention seeking gay people just as there are straight. For her to bring that into it is almost prejudiced in some way from her like she thinks one gay man is responsible for the reputation of all gay men. Of course there are gay people with behavior problems as well as straight people, why? Because gay people are the same as anyone else.

Perez strikes me as a lost little boy sometimes. He is weird, annoying, desperate and will probably always be like that but the girls reacting to it are showing more about themselves than Perez.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Perez is mental. he must be absolutely draining to live with, he is so attention seeking. That said, they are all giving him what he wants by constantly talking about him. It would be interesting if they just ignored him for a whole day to see what would happen.

He needs help, he is clearly very disturbed and has some serious issues and is deluded if he actually thinks the public like him.

I looked up Katie Hopkins on Wikipedia. I was expecting her to have some sort of first class law degree from Cambridge or Oxford the way she goes around passing judgment on everyone. ****ing University of Exeter? Might be good but it's hardly internationally renowned now is it?

Also she spent some time in the army at Sandhurst.....hmm there's no way she could be a bully then.

She's a nasty piece of work....imagine telling someone they're stupid and saying it's just "honesty". ****ing disrespectful and cruel is what it is. Some of the blokes in there need to grow some balls and put her in her place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Maire2009 wrote: »

/end defence of Michelle

Don't get me wrong, I have really liked her too, enjoy watching her and feel she's the most real of all the housemates, certainly the most emotionally intelligent. I think that's why I'm so vexed with her, as you point out she has had it with him and I didn't think her sexuality-based rant was necessary at all. She twisted the situation for her own ends IMO so it was less about being a spokeswoman for the gay community and more about wanting shot of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Official warning coming up for Alexander surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

What even is this series :eek:

Why does Katie keep going at perez? She's encouraging it. She's no better than him going at Alexander.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Perez is having a nervous breakdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Perez is going bonkers I think.

Anyone else get the impression Katie Hopkins is absolutely thriving on having a go at Perez, like she just needed someone to bully and it's perfect because she feels justified in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

They're only mad because Perez is hogging precious airtime. He's bananas but as he said himself, he knows how to play the game.

Big Brother is like Jeremy Kyle for celebrities!!

Anyone ever seen that film 'The Experiment' with Adrian brody?

A social experiment is set up. People are paid to take part in it. They are imprisoned for a month or something. Certain people are picked and some are assigned as Guards and the rest as Inmates. The only rule is no violence something like that

As soon as the experiment begins people start to change rapidly and the different personalities come out. A lot of the guards become power hungry and do mental things to the 'prisoners'. Its a great film, has anyone here seen it? Its so reminds me of this series of Big Brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Had such high hopes for Michelle. Disappointed by her though. She put her hands up the other night and swore Cami didn't say a thing about Alicia's family. Out and out lie. And she prides herself on been peacekeeper. Bull ****! Feel for Alicia.
    I just think its really out of order to slag someone repeatedly for being thick. Its tiresome now. She's a nice person, no? Wish someone would pull everyone up on being assholes instead.
    What Cami said was so hurtful. Was hard to watch. If Alicia said it to her there'd be war!
    I liked Perez because he was a much needed friend to Alicia, and hates Hopkins, but jaysus he is a headwrecker. Hoping he'll turn around at end and say it was an act but its doubtful.
    I see Pricey is sharing a bed with Cami, the lick. Hope she doesn't become one of them. I like Katie Price but its happened before in BB where people fall in with the "in" crowd as its just easier.
    Cannot stand Ms Hopkins. She would be making **** of the likes of Cami in everyday life. I think this has really discredited her persona actually. She is such a horrible bully. Favouring the loud, nasty people and claiming its cause she sees them as "strong" women.
    Jesus wept!
    I am hopefull that the underdogs will prosper!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

People seem so surprised at how 'nice' Hopkins is but she is far too scared to be honest. Wait till she gets out, she will bitch about everyone in her column. Well done to Katie P for addressing the comments Hopkins made about her daughter's name in such a measured way. Best thing any of them can do is not rise to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

eviltwin wrote: »
    People seem so surprised at how 'nice' Hopkins is but she is far too scared to be honest. Wait till she gets out, she will bitch about everyone in her column. Well done to Katie P for addressing the comments Hopkins made about her daughter's name in such a measured way. Best thing any of them can do is not rise to it.

I was actually a bit disappointed in her for that. She more or less agreed with Hopkins vile comments about her, whereas I thought she should have said it was bang out of order and asked her to explain why she felt the need to be so hurtful - especially as Mr Hopkins was at it like a rabbit behind his first wife's back himself.
    That's what's so frustrating about these HMs; Nobody seems willing to point out Katie's clear hypocrisy to her and just seem to bow down to her instead. Nadia seems to be the only one who hasn't got complete amnesia where it comes to the woman.

I just have a horrible feeling KP will start palling around with the mean girls from here on in, even though she's seen what they're like.

As for Perez, yeah he's a nightmare, but I can't help feeling sorry for him. God help me, but I laughed so hard at him hiding under the staircase sulking as Katie was coming down. His poor, sad little Tyrion face!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

I was actually a bit disappointed in her for that. She more or less agreed with Hopkins vile comments about her, whereas I thought she should have said it was bang out of order and asked her to explain why she felt the need to be so hurtful - especially as Mr Hopkins was at it like a rabbit behind his first wife's back himself.
    That's what's so frustrating about these HMs; Nobody seems willing to point out Katie's clear hypocrisy to her and just seem to bow down to her instead. Nadia seems to be the only one who hasn't got complete amnesia where it comes to the woman.

I just have a horrible feeling KP will start palling around with the mean girls from here on in, even though she's seen what they're like.

As for Perez, yeah he's a nightmare, but I can't help feeling sorry for him. God help me, but I laughed so hard at him hiding under the staircase sulking as Katie was coming down. His poor, sad little Tyrion face!

Here, here. I noticed Hopkins was actually rubbing Prices back while she was explaining her previous jibe. She wouldnt have done that with less powerful housemates! She picks her arguments! If I was Ms Price I would have had serious words, esp with Hopkins history, as u mentioned. Ahhh! Will no one stand up to that wagon!

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Here, here. I noticed Hopkins was actually rubbing Prices back while she was explaining her previous jibe. She wouldnt have done that with less powerful housemates! She picks her arguments! If I was Ms Price I would have had serious words, esp with Hopkins history, as u mentioned. Ahhh! Will no one stand up to that wagon!

Typical bully really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Funnyonion79

Alexander has walked out! Trying to find out more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Here's a Daily Fail story on it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2915391/Alexander-O-Neal-left-Celebrity-Big-Brother-house.html

Not really much in it that isn't just a re-cap of last night's stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I can't say I blame him. The way Perez goaded him to the point of him landing himself in hot water was disgusting. :mad:

There are a couple of genuinely very nasty people in there this year.

Katie H being another one. She's so cowardly underneath it all and is merely targeting Perez because she knows she'll be backed up. Her defence of Alexander was disingenuous too. Underneath it all I reckon she has probably never had any friends and is desperate to be liked.

It was quite a dark episode last night.

Slightly disgusted at myself as I've always avoided these type of shows, as I thought they were highly edited and dramatised, very trashy and false, and not my type of thing.

Yet I've gotten hooked this year.

To a series that is full of bullying, bitching, nastiness and cruelty. Yet, not much seems to being done about it. Makes better TV after all, I suppose. And I guess it pulls in viewers like me who had no interest previously..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Whatever the producers are paying Perez, it's not half enough.

SIX PACK wrote: »
    Perez is having a nervous breakdown

I actually felt there was a good chance that this is genuinely true, and that it's being ignored.

There's as much chance that it's Perez being Perez, playing the game, winding everyone up, and so on...

But I thought there was a real chance he's having some kind of breakdown, and everyone was presuming he's just being a knob, when there could be much more to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen that film 'The Experiment' with Adrian brody?

A social experiment is set up. People are paid to take part in it. They are imprisoned for a month or something. Certain people are picked and some are assigned as Guards and the rest as Inmates. The only rule is no violence something like that

As soon as the experiment begins people start to change rapidly and the different personalities come out. A lot of the guards become power hungry and do mental things to the 'prisoners'. Its a great film, has anyone here seen it? Its so reminds me of this series of Big Brother!

You know that that's just some random movie version of a real life event, don't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Merkin wrote: »
    I can't say I blame him. The way Perez goaded him to the point of him landing himself in hot water was disgusting. :mad:

There are a couple of genuinely very nasty people in there this year.

Katie H being another one. She's so cowardly underneath it all and is merely targeting Perez because she knows she'll be backed up. Her defence of Alexander was disingenuous too. Underneath it all I reckon she has probably never had any friends and is desperate to be liked.

It was quite a dark episode last night.

I was really conflicted watching it last night. Perez was just a piece of work, like you say, goading him. But I was so disappointed (for alex more than anything) that he resorted to using that word.

However, perez is a hypocrite of the highest order, getting on his high horse about the use of the word and how hurtful it is- he has done exactly the same thing in the past- used the term because it is the most offensive term one can think to use towards the person who is goading/encouraging you in such a way- http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/219088

He is nasty through and through.

Zippie84 wrote: »
    I actually felt there was a good chance that this is genuinely true, and that it's being ignored.

There's as much chance that it's Perez being Perez, playing the game, winding everyone up, and so on...

But I thought there was a real chance he's having some kind of breakdown, and everyone was presuming he's just being a knob, when there could be much more to it...

I think he does have a mental problem. You see him go from attention seeking at any cost then to crying like a child.

Not sure why the crowd keep booing Nadia. While she wouldn't be a winner for me, she has been totally true to herself. She stands up for what she believes in. She stood up for Alicia the other night when they were saying nasty things to her. She knows that Perez is crazy but she tries a different way of dealing with him that seems to work (she ignores his bad behaviour and rewards his good behaviour). She is supportive of the housemates when they need it. I think she is genuinely a really nice woman. It might seem like she gets involved when she shouldn't but if she kept her head in the sand then people would be complaining about that so I don't how she could handle the situation any better than she is.

Katie Hopkins is s***ing herself of Jordan and Jordan had the opportunity to put her in her place but she didn't, instead she aligned with her and told her what she said about her was right. Everyone is licking up to Katie P and its pathetic but Jordan is being just as licky back to them! She had no reason to put Nadia in the cage either.

• Advertisement

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    You know that that's just some random movie version of a real life event, don't you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

Yea its called Celebrity Big Brother Uk 2015 haha

Ah no seriously I didn't know that :eek::eek:

Advertisement