Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cerification of imports from China

Options
  • 02-12-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking at importing cafe barriers from China. You know the one the ones that have logos on them and are used to separate off an area for customers. I'm just wondering do they have to be CE certified or REACH compliant (in terms of the paintwork and vinyl banner)? or do the current directives not apply to things like this. Have been googling all day but haven't found a definitive answer am getting confused at this stage!
    Thanks for any help.
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

tarmon wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking at importing cafe barriers from China. You know the one the ones that have logos on them and are used to separate off an area for customers. I'm just wondering do they have to be CE certified or REACH compliant (in terms of the paintwork and vinyl banner)? or do the current directives not apply to things like this. Have been googling all day but haven't found a definitive answer am getting confused at this stage!
    Thanks for any help.
    T

Good morning,

I am not sure if the products you mention have to be CE certified. One way to find out, is if you supplier(s) have CE certification for the product you are looking at. Ultimately, since they are the manufacturer they may have other clients in the EU that have gone through this process already.

Once you get to the shipping stage, let me know. I can assist you with the customs classification of this product and I reckon that you would qualify for a zero percent rate of import duty (so you would only be liable for VAT)

Best of luck

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement