Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP Link Archer C2

Options
  • 02-12-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

I currently have an old eircom netopia router. I was thinking of getting the TP-Link Archer C2 wireless modem. I have Vodafone broadband and the dowload speed is 4mbps at the most with my current router. If I get this new router will it work with vodafone's broadband and will it make much of a difference. The reason I'm getting a new one is that the one I have now is old and I want to have more range and to be able to hold devices like 5 phones 2 laptops and a PS4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

Isn't that a router not a modem.
    If this is what you're talking about, I just got it and am happy so far.
    I have UPC btw so use their modem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MozyMan

Corkman64 wrote: »
    I currently have an old eircom netopia router. I was thinking of getting the TP-Link Archer C2 wireless modem. I have Vodafone broadband and the dowload speed is 4mbps at the most with my current router. If I get this new router will it work with vodafone's broadband and will it make much of a difference. The reason I'm getting a new one is that the one I have now is old and I want to have more range and to be able to hold devices like 5 phones 2 laptops and a PS4.

Yeah the C2 is just a router.
    Unless you want to run a separate modem as well along side it, you may want the Archer D2 :
    (ugh can't post a link apparently)

Basically same thing, but is a modem and router in 1, probably similar to your current set up.

Advertisement