Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank you to a Good Samaritan

• 02-12-2014 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,
    Last week my mother suffered a heart attack in Colbert Station.
    Unfortunately she passed away soon afterwards.
    However any chance at all my Mam had of surviving this event was given to her by a young lady who really went above and beyond.
    She administered CPR to my Mam, spoke to ambulance dispatcher providing my mams condition and kept the paramedics updated while enroute and spoke to me on the phone(After the paramedics arrived) too as my dad was unable to speak, and she was so calm and controlled I did not realize the seriousness of my mam's situation.
    Her quick action, her calmness and her bravery gave my Mam any chance he had....
    I found out shortly afterwards who she is, and from speaking to a mutual friend learned that she was upset because she thought she didn't do enough, that she'd let us down!
    The very fact that she was brave enough to step up to try and help a stranger was more than a kindness.
    My family and I will return the kindness this young lady showed to a stranger any way we can.
    I'm firm believer in paying it forward, and its something I learned from my mother.
    I'm not writing this post to thank whore, just as a thank you to the lady in question and I'm leaving somewhere I hope she'll see it.

Her act of compassion deserves more than my mere "thanks" and I hope I can someday repay it.

Comments

Very sorry for your loss. May your mother RIP. Fair play to that girl too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Very sorry to hear of the sudden loss of your mother. It's a terrible thing to have happen, especially when it's so sudden.

I hope the actions of the young lady give you and your father and family some little comfort in knowing that what could have been done in the circumstances, was done, even if a good outcome just wasn't meant to be, regardless.

Sometimes the kindness of strangers can be wonderful.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Sincere condolences banie. It's reassuring though that people will jump to someone's aid like that.
    Take care of yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I know this is not the time or the place, but you might want to edit the second last line of your post.

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Very sorry for your loss, Banie!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm so sorry for your loss, mate.

Can I say though, that it's incredible that at a time like this, you wrote such a thoughtful, eloquent post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭squonk

So sorry to hear of your sudden loss. That's a terrible thing to happen and I'm so sorry. RIP to your mam and it's great you acknowledged the lady and her good work.

Advertisement