Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Ireland I can buy a top opening cat transfer cage?

• 02-12-2014 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

As it says in the title really. I noticed that Jazzy walked away from the cooked chicken I gave him earlier and he never does that. He's had a lot of problems with his teeth and he'd a few out last year. Last time we had to get him to the vet, by chance we had borrowed one from a rescue to transfer a stray, but we really need one of our own. Buying one from the Uk is expensive and I'd prefer to get one online from somewhere in Ireland. I just want one so we have it in case of emergencies with him as he reverts to feral behaviour if we try to confine him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I have this one & find it great, it's a bit bigger than the standard ones too so a bit more space for the cat

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Design-Carrier-Airline-Approved/dp/B002RLE13M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417547225&sr=8-1&keywords=cat+carrier+top+opening

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Zooplus or this one which we got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's this kind of thing that I'm looking for

I0011333.jpg

The medium sized one I think, would do it, or something simillar.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Don't buy those particular ones in the photo, I did as they were on sale and they were way too flimsy for a cat, even when cable-tied.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The medium sized one I think, would do it, or something simillar.:)
    Then this might be a fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

boomerang wrote: »
    Don't buy those particular ones in the photo, I did as they were on sale and they were way too flimsy for a cat, even when cable-tied.
    That's some vicious cat if you had to cable-tie it :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Petmania has plastic baskets that open at the top, think they come three different sizes - handiest thing i ever bought!

galah wrote: »
    Petmania has plastic baskets that open at the top, think they come three different sizes - handiest thing i ever bought!
    Where they this model or this one? Because the second one, Nobby, I looked at in person and found to feel a bit to flimsy for my taste; the frist one I've not been able to find in person yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 happyfixer

pretty sure that Argos have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Alun wrote: »
    That's some vicious cat if you had to cable-tie it :pac::pac:

Nope, the cage wire is softer and more flimsy than you find on a hamster cage! Any cat would have no problem squeezing out at the corners or out the top. Hence the cable ties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

boomerang wrote: »
    Nope, the cage wire is softer and more flimsy than you find on a hamster cage! Any cat would have no problem squeezing out at the corners or out the top. Hence the cable ties.
    You obviously didn't get the joke ... I initially (mis-)read it as you having had to cable-tie the cat itself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I got one in maxizoo once, it looks like a turquoise plastic washing basket with a lid and they have them in multiple sizes. it's great, so much easier to get my cat into that than a carrier that only opens at the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

I got the one in argos earlier this year. I paid € 20 for it I think. It's perfect for smaller cats & kittens. Here is Carlos the kitten modelling it on his way to the vet this morning :)

Advertisement