Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ask an expert

Options
  • 02-12-2014 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I am interested in purchasing a 1956/7/8 vintage car and i have noticed that there are no seat belts fitted. How will I fair out driving it on the public roads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

What sort of car?
    some are built like tanks and wont get up to any sort of speed to cause trouble, some are made of tinfoil and are surprisingly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

If there were no belts fitted when the car was built you can drive legally without them. How ever if they can be fitted without ruining the look of the car, I'd fit belts or even lap belts for my own safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Justjens

sunchaser wrote: »
    How will I fair out driving it on the public roads.

Grand I would imagine, until you hit something.

Know someone tearing around in a Healey with no belts fitted, always reminds people that the steering column is like a spear when you stop suddenly, still won't fit belts tho:eek:

Advertisement