Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PTSB

• 02-12-2014 8:19pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Errr, banking better?? I went down after work to get a bank draft. The branch was open and there was a young guy sitting at a desk. There was a number of people milling around various lodgement machines etc. No cashier desk open.

Silly little me thought that the cashiers were on a break and would be back soon. After 5 minutes, no-one appeared. I approached the guy at the customer service desk, to be told that the cashier desk is only open 10 until 3, though the bank itself is open later?!!

I can't write in to get the bank draft, I can't do the draft online as he says there is a limit as to what can be done in one go and that I'd have to contact the business I'm sending the draft to and get all their bank details and even then, he can't actually say if that will work.

Apparently, I can't write in to them to do this by post either.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Same thing happened to me two weeks ago. I couldn't believe it. I said I work 7 till half 4 and can't get down your man said well the hours are this. Long story short I looked for the manger kicked up a stick got the draft. Now I am moving banks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I'll be moving too, there was a queue to nearly the door when I managed to get down on my lunchbreak and one teller on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I was performing a transaction for someone else a while back and it was possibly the most depressing place I've been in a long time.

Glad I left them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Go with Aib, I've had an account since I was 4, their fees are awful if you haven't a set amount in your account though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Go with Aib, I've had an account since I was 4, their fees are awful if you haven't a set amount in your account though.

Ulster Bank are just about ok for the moment. Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

KBC might be an option too. Though not sure if they have a branch in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Their fees are awful full stop. I do not get any free banking with them regardless of my balance. I pay nearly €40 a quarter. Horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 yopy

Their mobile banking app is rubbish too.

It takes lightyears to update so I have no idea how much money I actually have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

I've been a customer of Trustee Savings Bank for 30+ years and I have to agree that the level of service has steadily declined over that period. The first big dip came after it was sold off by the Government (without even a nod or a letter to us customers), but things have worsened again since the bank crash. I don't think it's just Carlow branch but across the board. I can't even phone the Carlow branch as a customer anymore (and a business customer at that) but have to endure some call centre who have little idea as to how to help but advise calling in person to the branch. If they paid me for my time and costs involved in driving in 20 miles to do this, I'd be happy to oblige, otherwise I expect them to follow instructions by letter.

Why do I stay with them? Partially inertia, partly loyalty but also because I've had experience of AIB and BoI in the past and AIB in particular, ripped me off with heavy costs & sundry fees. I closed my account with them 15 years ago and swore never to go near or nigh them again!

Advertisement