Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying new espresso machine

• 02-12-2014 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Weighing up two machines at the moment - the Rancilio Silva or the Gaggia Classic. Wouldn't mind getting some feedback on anyone who has used either of these machines. Have a Rocky doserless grinder with a De Longhi 155 and while adequate and would I notice much of an improvement with either machine? I get freshly roasted coffee beans from ponaire and coffeebeans.ie on a regular basis.

The Gaggia Classic used to be heavily discounted on Amazon in the past but of late is priced at around £230 + delivery costs:mad: I saw on here that the Silva can be got for €469. I have read that the Silva has better internal components and is more likely to endure, other than some rusting issues. I would prefer to buy from a bricks and mortar place for peace of mind but have bought 2 delonghi online in the past.

There doesn't seem to be any other apart from Quickmill which are really beyond my range at the moment. Would appreciate the feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

See my recent experience in buying a Rancilio Silvia - ended up buying from an Irish shop for €469 incl. postage. Delivery was very swift and I'm delighted with the coffee. Don't skimp if you can afford the Rancilio...you won't regret it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057319560

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Many thanks ArcticFox for your advice. Must start putting a few bob aside over the next few months. The Amazon reviews for the Classic have been very mixed over the last while so looks like the Silva. Is the PID essential for the silva or can one master the art without it? Or is it worth it?

Advertisement