Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed: Victory

Options
  • 02-12-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Some of us haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of AC: Unity and AC: Rogue but it appears that the 2015 iteration has been leaked. Over on Kotaku they have a story about a new AC game set in Victorian era London.

The story also says that there will be no AC game out on the PS3/360.

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So another at the end of next year? They really need to take a year off and go back to the drawing board.

I've have and played all the games except for 3 and this year's Unity. As good as Black Flag was I couldn't bear another Creed this year even if Unity turned out to be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Black Flag team is behind this (I think) so quietly optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I like the idea of the setting but that's about it. It'll have to be a great game to make the series relevant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

"leaked" :rolleyes: This is getting ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Are they going to pretend there is even a modern day story in this one too???

Black flag and Unity were an insult in terms of the over all plot, I genuinely believe even they don't know where it's going at this point.

A year off for the series is badly needed, but it won't happen now if this is real projections will have been made and it's earnings already factored into Ubi's financial year.

I don't think the setting is a good idea at all, London is too similar to paris and too soon since paris, paris could easily have been london anyway for all it's british accents :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Struggling to finish 3, and I have a pain in my arse with the things i forgave in the 4 parts 2s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Did they scrap that sidescroller game they were planning after the season pass was canned??
    Victorian London? Will suit the accents in Unity I guess :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

So another at the end of next year? They really need to take a year off and go back to the drawing board.

There's a 2-3 year development cycle. Even if they were to decide that after unity they give it a rest, they'll have at least one other game to go before they can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

That is true, be a hard financial pill to swallow but maybe in the long run it would be worth pulling the plug to save the brand.

Actually I wonder how are the sales of Unity doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This is ridiculous tbh, such overated games...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ERG89 wrote: »
    Did they scrap that sidescroller game they were planning after the season pass was canned??
    Victorian London? Will suit the accents in Unity I guess :p

thats the big secret, everyone in london will have a french accent. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

thats the big secret, everyone in london will have a french accent. :pac:
    The french invaded England around this period didn`t they????
    My knowledge of history ain`t as good as stuff like Pokemon Red/Blue :p
    Actually I wonder how are the sales of Unity doing.

Going by the lack of replies in this thread interest in the series is waning. Even the AC:Unity thread is a bit bugs, patch & not a lot else......

Actually read in Eurogamer article there won`t be a 360/PS3 Assassins Creed release next year. Shame as i`m more interested in Rogue than Unity :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Some of us haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of AC: Unity and AC: Rogue but it appears that the 2015 iteration has been leaked. Over on Kotaku they have a story about a new AC game set in Victorian era London.

The story also says that there will be no AC game out on the PS3/360.

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

Anyone else confused as to why Big Ben isn't a synchronisation point?

If they had developed the good parts of Black Flag, then I'd have been interested in Unity. But they just leaped backwards as well as released an unfinished game. I can't imagine this being any better. I also won't be surprised if this also comes out as an unfinished mess when they try to rush it out for next Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Thought I was done with this series after AC3. But I went and got Black Flag, I don't get the praise for Black Flag, it was 3 all over again with better and more naval stuff, which was fun by the way, but I did get sick of it.

AC games have so little plot now spread out over a long campaign.

I won't be getting Rogue or Unity, I'm done with the series. (really hope Santy doesn't bring me Rogue or Unity now)...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

humanji wrote: »
    Anyone else confused as to why Big Ben isn't a synchronisation point?

If they had developed the good parts of Black Flag, then I'd have been interested in Unity. But they just leaped backwards as well as released an unfinished game. I can't imagine this being any better. I also won't be surprised if this also comes out as an unfinished mess when they try to rush it out for next Christmas.

It still could be, but they needed it in the picture to show it was London. And I'm assuming it will be a bug ridden mess, they have a release window already but the vast majority of the game probably isn't coded yet.

And calling it now, after the whole "pocket to WW2" in Unity, €5 says theres gonna be similar leading to a point during the German air-raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

ERG89 wrote: »
    The french invaded England around this period didn`t they????
    My knowledge of history ain`t as good as stuff like Pokemon Red/Blue :p

Saw a good post on reddit about possible story:
    London.
    Industrial revolution, but everything looks horse drawn so prior to common motorized vehicles. The first private auto's was on the road there in 1890, and they weren't common for quite a while. And those look like gas lights, which would put it after 1813. So 1813 - 1900 lets say.
    So lets say late in that range, 1890 or so. If they do a long-life assassin, and he's young in this picture, 20~ish... I'd say this game would cover WW1 (he would be 44-48) but not WW2 (he would be 69-75)
    Can't stretch it much later without the lack of cars being an issue. Can't stretch it much earlier without WW1 being the climax.
    WW1 was triggered due to the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria. Bet your ass that plays in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,547 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm waiting for Assassin's Creed: Modern Warfare or some sh1te like that to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm waiting for Assassin's Creed: Modern Warfare or some sh1te like that to happen

I was hoping game 3 or 4 was leading to that. I genuinely lost all interest in the series when I found out that desmond
    dies in 3 effectively killing that whole storyline

when the 1st game was released, the actress (kirsten bell AFAIK) let it slip about the future sequences before launch and Ubisoft werent best pleased. Its like they were building to an epic conclusion of Desmond being a bada$$ in the future and closing out the whole story. Now the storyline is pretty much meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

when the 1st game was released, the actress (kirsten bell AFAIK) let it slip about the future sequences before launch and Ubisoft werent best pleased. Its like they were building to an epic conclusion of Desmond being a bada$$ in the future and closing out the whole story. Now the storyline is pretty much meaningless.

They really screwed up imho, when they didn't do the 3rd one in the present. They should have finished up Desmond's story properly, and then ignored all the animus stuff etc and just jumped around to different era's as they pleased, telling different stories as they liked, without needing to refer to the present day.

In fact they should just ignore the present day stuff altogether, as we know there won't ever be any kind of payoff for it, so best to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

maximoose wrote: »
    Saw a good post on reddit about possible story:

Quite like the idea I saw of the Assassin being Jack the Ripper but... yeah, I'm not sure I trust the current multicultural team of various religious faiths and beliefs to handle the murders of sex workers with tact. wink.png

I'd like the protagonist to be an Indian or Chinese immigrant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Man, I remember how buzzed I used to get about Assassin's Creed and how invested I was in the story-line. I always assumed we would have a modern day game by now, but to be honest they have royally ****ed themselves with the ****e that is Unity and then a matter of days/weeks later Ubi pretty much sweep it under the carpet and announce ANOTHER ****ing Assassin's Creed game.

Sweet jesus. "Oh hai gais LOL yup Untiy is a pile of **** but LOOKIT THIS HERRR ASSASIN CREED VICTRY with the smoke and the chimneys WOW. Get yur Mary Poppins on up in this bitch yeorrrrr!!1".

The sad thing is people will lap this **** up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

A Wild West Assassins Creed would be interesting particularly since RDR was such a great game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Well_H0ly_God

Assassins Creed Victory World Reveal this Tuesday 12th May 5pm GMT.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I hope it is current gen only and that it is more fun than Unity. I didn't hate Unity but it wasn't one of the better AC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Kotaku report that the name could have been changed to Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Kotaku report that the name could have been changed to Assassin’s Creed Syndicate

If the new name is Syndicate I think it sounds pretty cool.

AC_Tease-ds1-670x447-constrain.jpg

1247750830243440043.png

From Kotaku
    Almost a year after publisher Ubisoft made headlines for not including female protagonists in Assassin’s Creed Unity, today we’ve got news that there will be a playable woman assassin in the next entry of Ubisoft’s mega-series, according to two people familiar with the game.

This fall’s Assassin’s Creed, which will be officially announced tomorrow as Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate, will give players access to two main characters: Jacob and Evie (pictured above in concept art leaked to Kotaku). They’re brother and sister, said a source, and they’ll be heavily involved in the criminal underworld of Victorian London, where the game is set. (We hear it’ll be out this fall for PS4, Xbox One, and PC.)

From what I’ve heard, Jacob will still likely qualify as the game’s main character. The balance in story missions may favor the brother about 75% to 25%, according to a person familiar with Syndicate, who spoke under condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly about the game. Syndicate will not have any multiplayer modes, according to that source, but you’ll be able to swap between Jacob and Evie while exploring the world between missions.

http://kotaku.com/sources-you-can-play-as-a-woman-in-assassins-creed-sy-1703598017

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still haven't got round to playing Unity or Rogue. Rogue will be next, have been putting it off for a while, but seeing as it's now on PC (ie: cheaper) i might pick it up.

Have they fixed Unity? I have to play it, my gaming shrine corner is literally Assassins Creed, so i am a fairly big fan (with an AC tattoo planned, just the logo, and maybe the Abstergo one).

• Advertisement

ACS_Box_art_20150512_1830cet-720x903.jpg
    Set in London in 1868, the game will feature two playable protagonists, twins Jacob and Evie Frye, confirming some of the rumours which circulated yesterday.

According to Ubisoft, Jacob is a "more hot headed, brash and rebellious" figure, while his sister Evie is described as "a relentless Assassin" and "a master of stealth". During the open world experience, players will be able to switch freely between the two characters, while story missions will restrict the choice for narrative reasons.

The story meanwhile sees the twins from Crawley heading to the City, as the Industrial Revolution reaches its climax to free the masses from the poverty they suffer and lead an uprising against an oppressive establishment which conceals the Templars. Among your allies will be prominent Victorians, including novelist Charles Dickens and biologist Charles Darwin.

The game is single-player only, with Ubisoft saying the decision was taken so the development team in Quebec could "focus on creating the biggest city based open-world that we’ve ever had for an Assassin’s Creed game", and Syndicate's Victorian London will be approximately 30% larger than Unity's map. London will consist of six boroughs: Westminster, the Strand, the City of London, Whitechapel, Southwark, and Lambeth. The Thames will also play a prominent role in the game, acting as the major entry and exit point for the beating heart of the Empire.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate will release worldwide on PS4 and Xbox One on October 23rd, and later in the autumn for the PC version. IGN Logo

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/12/assassins-creed-syndicate-officially-announced?+main+twitter

Advertisement