Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed: Victory

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Obviously nobody is going to be 100% on this given the mess Unity was, but from that, I think it looks pretty good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I do like the setting but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than that and a bigger map to make Assassin's Creed relevant again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Some interesting points I observed during the reveal:

Ubisoft spent almost a full five minutes acknowledging and apologising for Unity. Such honesty and acceptance is quite refreshing in an industry which normally just ignores failings and pushes on to the next iteration. Doubly so, when they used a promo video for a new game to admit their failings.

No multiplayer confirmed.

This Assassin's Creed should be called: Super Street Fighter Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Ultimate Redux Edition.

The boroughs system and the bosses smells of Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor's boss system.

Grappling hook thing = Batman games.

We have had carriage chases in many games before, this is not new.

I love the setting and the atmosphere of London.

Possibly a fully co-op campaign, or at least, two campaigns where you experience the story from either of the twins.

Jacob Fry appears quite charismatic and could be a strong character to match Ezio.

Right now, I am 'meh'. But, maybe in time, and with more gameplay reveals I might upgrade to 'slightly interested'. For the record: I own every Assassin's Creed game (and completed them all) that was released on PC, except for Unity.

Oh, and slavery was already abolished by 1868 so I have no idea why the narrator talks about slavery as a feature in every day life at the beginning of the reveal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great that there's no multiplayer anyway, might till christmas to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

"The Windows PC version will be available in fall 2015."

See you on PC in 2016 then so, Ubisoft. They will invest all their time into making the console versions as perfect as possible and to avoid a repeat of Unity. In Ubisoft's eyes the PC version is expendable and can wait until 2016.

It's been 2 games now since we've had anything remotely tied to the over all story in the modern day.

This game needs to address that substantially which from the looks of it won't be happening ?? Bit early to say for sure though.

Otherwise they need to stop pretending there is a modern day angle and cut it and the animus entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just looks like more of the same. As someone who isn't a fan but has played 2-3 titles in the series, it isn't fixing any of it's issues. Those being combat and stealth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,783 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This actually sounds like a good setting And no MP is a bonus. Not a chance of me getting anywhere near hyped for it. The 2 AC's I enjoyed most were 2 and black flag and both of those were purchases a couple of months after release with no expectation, hopefully Ubi can pull it off. Would be great if there were zero pre-order bonuses as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've played and finished all the AC games (bar the first) and enjoyed them all to varying degrees. I'm sure this one will be no different. Disappointing it doesn't seem to be adding anything at all that wasn't in Unity.

I'm still waiting for them to bring back the Brotherhood features that were in ACII: Brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

To me this looks like Unity with a few added mechanics. I cant bring myself to finish Unity.
    Still has the same floaty free running which completely takes you out of the game when you see your character float horizontally to a nearby ledge/roof instead of dropping down to a lower roof. Too 'magnetic' to feel realistic/enjoyable. The other games never seemed to have been plagued by it until Unity.

I didn't get Unity at launch and I think I'm possibly too burnt out on AC to pick up Rogue. I think.

Combat does look a little bit nicer but they say it's a new system every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I didn't get Unity at launch and I think I'm possibly too burnt out on AC to pick up Rogue. I think.

You are missing out on the best Ac game since Brotherhood.

You are missing out on the best Ac game since Brotherhood.
    Loved Black Flag and I understand the Rogue is more of the same really, if not a little more refined. Just dont know if I have the time to plough into that. Might pick it up when it's REALLY cheap.

Loved Black Flag and I understand the Rogue is more of the same really, if not a little more refined. Just dont know if I have the time to plough into that. Might pick it up when it's REALLY cheap.

Given the prices of Unity on key sites the last few months I'd be hard pressed to pick it up day one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I bought Unity and Black flag digital codes for around €28 last December just to have them. Played black flag On The 360 and loved it. Played up to the first co-op mission on Unity and just gave up.

Never thought I'd get sick of the franchise.

They seem to have just completly forgot about the modern day setting and the precursor race.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I thought Unity was tough to get into, but once I did, I quite enjoyed it. Having a way a number of weeks so the game was playable on the other hand, not so good. I really must get Rogue as I've a PC more than good enough to play it now, but it doesn't seem to have taken the same level of price cut that Unity did as of yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I loved unity and black flag, once you get use to the ship combat in black flag its great, I found hard at first, I must get a ps3 and play rogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

six boroughs: Westminster, the Strand, the City of London, Whitechapel, Southwark, and Lambeth
    Wait how accurate are their maps? If it's based on this map there's a small chance I'll be able to wander down the 1868 version of my street :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That was just a giant load of waffle to be frank. Admitting you messed up is not what that was. They didn't even delve into the reasons why it was received poorly. Just generic wishy-washiness. Chock full of words like "innovate" and "push even further". Deal with specifics. What are you changing, taking out, putting in. Otherwise, it's just PR waffle.

game only just announced and preorder incentives and special editions already announced.

Put your money down now for any edition - even the standard one - and you get the Darwin and Dickens Conspiracy Mission, which sees main character Jacob Frye defend the two historical figures in around an hour's worth of extra gameplay.

Ubisoft's official site lists the Standard Edition for £49.99, and the Gold Edition for £69.99, which includes the game's season pass and an exclusive Baker Street outfit.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate's The Rooks Edition offers a second extra mission - Runaway Train - plus an artbook, soundtrack, double-sided London map and exclusive collector's box.

It costs £59.99, slightly cheaper than the Gold Edition, but it doesn't include the game's season pass.
    assassins-creed-syndicates-four-special-editions-detailed-143150495722.jpg
    Next up is the Assassin's Creed Syndicate Charing Cross Edition, which includes the Runaway Train mission, artbook, soundtrack and map, plus its own exclusive box and a 26cm figurine of Jacob. It costs £74.99 and doesn't include the season pass, either.
    assassins-creed-syndicates-four-special-editions-detailed-143150500798.jpg
    Finally, there's the Assassin's Creed Syndicate Big Ben Edition. It includes the Runaway Train mission, artbook, soundtrack, map, another special box and an even more extravagant version of the Jacob figurine, standing against a set of clock machinery.
    143150494597.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2015/05/13/assassins-creed-syndicate-special-editions-and-season-pass-announced/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I hate when they do two figurines! I never know which one to get. Probably be the second one, as aside from the Ezio figurine, Conor is on a rock covered in snow, Edward is on a mast with a flag and Altair is on a crumbling bell tower. Can't find one with Shay, and i'll eventually have to get the ones from Unity.

At least i have 6 months to get and play Rogue and Unity, a good bit less when i factor in Batman and The Witcher (and life).

Train fanatics are losing their minds over the inaccuracies in the trailer.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-15-actually-assassins-creed-syndicate-i-think-youll-find

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wait until they find out that there wasn't actually a society of templars and assassins fighting over alien technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

humanji wrote: »
    Wait until they find out that there wasn't actually a society of templars and assassins fighting over alien technology.

Hehe...

...Wait, what? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Please mark as spoilers. Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Stunning game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Please mark as spoilers. Thank you

Assassins creed is nearly a decade old at this stage. I think it's safe to talk openly about its storyline.

Advertisement