Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips/warnings on buying PS4 2nd hand

Options
  • 02-12-2014 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi guys I found someone near me selling a PS4 2nd hand for E320, might get it down to E300 on the day.

He still has the receipt (bought in october) so I want to see it running.

Is there anything that I should look out for, or is there any disadvantage to buying second hand, any unnecessary trouble that I would be bringing on myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

If it was bought in October then it's still under warranty, so hard to go wrong.

Caveat Emptor and all that though...

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

On the PS3 theres a sticker/tag thing, and if its cut or broken, the warranty is useless. I had to cut it when opening my PS3 to clean the laser years ago. The PS4 has a similar sticker/tag, but its underneath the top or bottom cover, so theres no way of knowing if its been tampered with without partially taking it apart... probably nothing to worry about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Is 300 cheap enough when your taking the risk? Lads posting deals around 360 for new machines(if I remember correctly), madness taking the chance for 60quid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Where is the ad posted ? .. Does the seller have feedback.
    Id say €300 is a little cheap ? ... but maybe thats just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

The current argos deal with fifa, last of us and the crew for 399 is really good, take 2 of the 3 to cex for cash got to be worth 70 leaves the machine and a game at 330ish?
    Food for thought is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

id second that Argos is the way to go. Had the consoles on there own the other day for 350. Be mad buying second hand with a shop so cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Agree with above. I wouldn't spend money on a second hand machine. Very cheap in the shops in comparison and they'll get even cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Blackphoenix626

Yup managed to get a E400 bundle reserved for tomorrow with a lot of hassle so hopefully ill be set up this time for tomorrow, thanks for the help lads.

Advertisement