Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Department of Health Consultation Questionnaire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Bureaucratic nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bureaucratic nonsense.
    Perhaps, but like 'the vote', you should take your opportunity to make your voice heard. This is as valid a route for input as anything else, for our opinions on something that will effect our futures as vapers.
    I submitted mine and I urge everyone else to submit theirs.
    Be cool and calm and concise. You never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Thanks for posting this, I was about to do so myself. Took me a while to read through it. I was not pleased at what I read btw.

Yes it looks like a box ticking exercise, public consultation, check, dail debate check, legislation written and passed, check!. Without any care about the result of any part of the process informing the next part.
    however I do think it's important to respond, if they get 5 responses from vapers they won't even notice, 50 responses and they might raise an eyebrow, 500 and they will definitely take notice. Obviously the vendors and industry needs to and will respond but citizens have a say as well, our voice is only valuable in numbers, gov puts no weight on single voices.

Heres a link to the PDF setting out their stall on this. http://health.gov.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Consultation-Paper-28-November-2014_NEW.pdf
    If you read through you'll notice the only references regarding what they call NMNCP are from tobacco free kids and the WHO. Pretty clear indication of their long term intentions.
    Their is only discussion of licencing (and penalties) and age restrictions in this consultation, no mention of bans, either advertising or public use. I suspect these decisions will be made by executive order with any consultation, it's how our gov work.
    A large response here and now might give them pause for thought so I recon it's important to fill this in, as many people as we can get to do so. It's time they realized we are here and their are a lot of us.
    Read the pdf, fill in the form, democracy in action, as cynical as we have become it's still (short of armed revolution) the only way we have to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Need enda and Co out ASAP as they are hell bent on passing law after law with little justification.

Advertisement