Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with touch

Options
  • 02-12-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I have a MS tablet and boards doesn't work too well. I can't select drop down menus. If I try touch.boards.ie it goes back to the standard site

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hello.

I have asked one of our Site Developers to take a look at this thread to see if it's a known error or a setting somewhere.

They're very busy but I'm sure someone will get around to you as soon as they can.

Thanks for your patience,

-Shield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

Are you trying to use the site with a Windows 8 tablet? What browser are you using? I've tested it myself with a Dell Windows 8 Tablet using Chrome and the menus work fine. If you still want to use the touch site, at the bottom of the site is a link labelled "Touch Site" clicking on this link will set a cookie will force your browser to use the touch site.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

Are you trying to use the site with a Windows 8 tablet? What browser are you using? I've tested it myself with a Dell Windows 8 Tablet using Chrome and the menus work fine. If you still want to use the touch site, at the bottom of the site is a link labelled "Touch Site" clicking on this link will set a cookie will force your browser to use the touch site.

Hi,

I'm using Internet explorer on a Nokia 2520 RT tablet. touch.boards.ie is working now but its really only suited to a phone and not a wide screen device. The full site is not really functional on the setup I have.

Thnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Boards.ie: Chris

That's an odd one. I'll have to see if I can dig out an RT tablet, the x86 one we have here works fine so it's likely a quirk of the RT build of Internet Explorer.

EDIT: Is it the menus you're having an issue with? If you hold down on the bits you'd normally hover over, they should pop up and stay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Griffinx

That's an odd one. I'll have to see if I can dig out an RT tablet, the x86 one we have here works fine so it's likely a quirk of the RT build of Internet Explorer.

EDIT: Is it the menus you're having an issue with? If you hold down on the bits you'd normally hover over, they should pop up and stay up.

Yes its the menus, holding down is really hit and miss to the point of being unusable.

Thanks for checking this out

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement