Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying products on USA websites prior to holiday

Options
  • 02-12-2014 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

Holiday booked for Orlando Florida and I want to buy a few items on amazon.com etc, I won't be able to send to hotel as we will be travelling around Florida staying max 4 - 5 days in different hotels.

Is there a parcel or package receiving service that I can avail of when I'm in Florida as I have done abit of googling and could find no such service in florida

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I dont know about just casual holding of packages.

UPS has stores all over that provide PO Box services I think. If the item is shipped with UPS they should hold it. Not certain though.

Have you looked at all the Amazon shipping options? They have "Drop boxes" in some states.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

as InTheTrees said, Dropboxes should be available almost everywhere.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/account/address/view.html?ref_=amb_link_365825242_1&viewID=searchStores

We're in Seattle, home of amazon so I wasn't sure of their prevalence elsewhere. The Drop boxes look pretty efficient. There's one about a mile from us. Its a big unit that looks like a bank of safe deposit boxes with a touch screen panel, and its housed outside a 7/11 convenience store so its safe and secure with 24/7 access.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

Just order them in advance and get them shipped to one of the hotels you're staying at. Amaon's shipping is fast, if you use Prime it's 2 business days, if you use standard it is very rarely more than five days. THe hotel will hold the package for you if it gets there before you arrive (give them a call in advance if you're concerned about this). I get stuff shipped from amazon to hotels in the USA all the time and it often arrives before I check in, never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

No Amazon dropbox in Florida as far as I can see, some hotels have a hefty package receiving fee per package

• Advertisement

Try the UPS Stores then?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Paul_Hacket

The most I've had to pay in the US was $10 and you can get amazon to combine into single package for most items. A lot of hotels don't charge anything, if you actually want to do this just getting it shipped to the hotel is by far the easiest way. UPS store would work too but they definitely do charge, usually $10 per package I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

I will get in contact with hotel before I book then, thanks for the tips

Advertisement