Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower repairs/replacement in Clare?

Options
  • 02-12-2014 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

We're having problems with our shower and I'm guessing it might need to be replaced. I rang a company that does nationwide coverage and I've been given a very vague 'I might be there on this day or that day' attitude which is ridiculous. Since booking the appointment I've heard some bad things about the local guy who works for them, so I'd appreciate recommendations for somebody who covers the Sixmilebridge area of Clare. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

showerdoctors cover all of Ireland. Google them. They should be able to give a proper appointment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    showerdoctors cover all of Ireland. Google them. They should be able to give a proper appointment

It was them I called. It's now gone 3 on Thursday afternoon and not so much as a text from the guy. Fcuk em, I'll use someone else. Absolutely atrocious service.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,094 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It was them I called. It's now gone 3 on Thursday afternoon and not so much as a text from the guy. Fcuk em, I'll use someone else. Absolutely atrocious service.

Sorry to hear that. I know it's no use to you but there are plenty in Dublin that offer great service. Most offer same or next day service. Some work weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

We're having problems with our shower and I'm guessing it might need to be replaced. I rang a company that does nationwide coverage and I've been given a very vague 'I might be there on this day or that day' attitude which is ridiculous. Since booking the appointment I've heard some bad things about the local guy who works for them, so I'd appreciate recommendations for somebody who covers the Sixmilebridge area of Clare. Thanks.

There is a Chadwicks in Childers Road, Punches Cross - Ph 061 313822.
    Just give them a call they generally have a plumbing dept and they can give a recommendation of an installer. Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Seems common-place in Ireland. No one ever calls back when they say they will.

• Advertisement

What annoys me most is the lack of courtesy and professionalism. A simple text to say that he couldn't get to us would have been appreciated. He had 2 days and yet it was clearly too much to ask. Shower Doctors gave me the guys mobile number since he's in Clare and works for them. How they can say they provide a nationwide service when essentially all they are doing is giving you someone's mobile number is beyond me. Very poor form indeed.:mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I'm going to be careful and mention no names but an employee of a certain well known shower repair co. looked at my power shower during the Summer this year, I knew it was the pump but wanted to be sure so booked him for repair or new install (I bought a new one so he could install if the pump was indeed the issue). It was an Aqualisa Aquastream which is not a cheap product. Anyhow I told him to just remove from the wall and replace with the new one, unfortunately during the Summer there was an issue with Aqualisa parts and there was no pump in Ireland at the time. I had full intentions of putting the Aquastream with the dead pump up for sale for parts or perhaps getting a pump second hand. Roll on yesterday, some 3 months later, I opened the box with the faulty shower, unscrewed the unit and discovered the thermostatic cartridge was swiped by the installer, raging I phoned up and he no longer works with the company and they would not supply his details. Lesson learned, it's a shame I'll have to stand over repair men in the future. The feeling of intrusion and abused trust hurts more than the monetary loss. Just not having a good run with showers this year...

My mint Tesla Model 3 for quick sale

Tesla Model 3 link

The guy phoned my yesterday at 5.30 on a Friday evening, conveniently overlooking the fact that he was supposed to have come out on Wednesday or Thursday. Fecking sheer brass neck, I told him I found someone else to do it, which thankfully I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Ever find anybody ? In Clare myself and needing a Mira Elite ST repaired.

Advertisement