Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

6 day old Macbook Pro freezing on boot up

• 03-12-2014 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm new to mac's, this is my first ever mac so I apologise in advance for the lack of knowledge.

I just restarted and it boots up to about 50% on the status and then doesn't move at all (frozen?). I tried to boot in safe mode multiple times and nothing happens, I was able to boot utilities but the Macintosh HD is the only drive that shows up there.

Its the macbook pro 13.3 retina, and came with Yosemite preinstalled.

Any fixes for my issue or should I get on to apple since its this early on causing me problems?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

If your having issues call Apple and they can send a replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

take it back to the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭EnmxLP

take it back to the shop

Bought it on the apple website, contacted Apple tech support guided me through and reinstalled the OS, solved now. 40 Minute call though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

I hope you asked them, to replace it should the issue reoccur

Advertisement