Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers FC 2015 Thread

• 03-12-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

So 2 weeks until the fixture list comes out and we're probably hoping not to get a big curtain-raiser on the opening day.

The FAI's bizarre disciplinary process means we have four players missing for the first game because they got four yellow cards across the entire season: Ryan Brennan, Stephen McPhail, Barry Murphy and Fahey at Pats. Gavin Brennan also has two more games to serve from his fourth red card.

Signed players for this season:

Ryan Brennan
    Patrick Cregg
    Sean O'Connor
    Simon Madden
    Gary McCabe
    Conor Kenna
    David O'Connor
    Sean Heaney
    Evan Osam
    Luke Byrne
    Kieran Marty Waters
    Barry Murphy
    Craig Hyland
    Keith Fahey (St Patrick's Athletic)
    Danny North (Sligo Rovers)
    Gavin Brennan (Drogheda United)
    David Webster (Bray Wanderers)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

New jersey is an improvement on the gold but still not great. Warrior do make the most horrendous jerseys.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

Fixtures out at 4

Hopefully another two strikers will have been signed by then

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

five players out for a tough opening game

Finn set for Dundalk

Dundalk will today announce the signing of Ronan Finn from Shamrock Rovers.

The 26-year-old has decided to link up with his former boss Stephen Kenny after parting ways with the Hoops.

Finn's capture increases the likelihood that Richie Towell will leave the league champions.

Towell has options across the water, with Motherwell the latest club to be linked with his services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭miroslavklose

It just had to be Pats really. The FAI will never miss an opportunity to shine a light on their own stupidity.

Friendly with LA Galaxy February 21. Should be a good way of getting a bit of attention on the club in the lead up to the opening game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Will there be an "away" end for the Galaxy game? I'd like to make the trip up to it.

Assume it'll be the same away end as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

From twitter, Rovers have been given permission to speak to Rory Patterson and Shane McEleney of Derry City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Get in another forward and I'm happy enough with the squad for where we're at at the moment. What's imperative is for everyone to get back behind the team the whole season.

Finner to me had gone of the boil a bit. We've enough midfielders and it frees up a high wage in another position.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Will there be an "away" end for the Galaxy game? I'd like to make the trip up to it.

Even if there isn't technically an away end for the game (as in away stiles open), any Galway supporters can just enter the West stand and congregate in the usual away end (Square end of the West stand) The West stand will hardly be full for that game anyway. I would assume with Galway back up ( and the little bit of buzz with that) though we will probably open the away stiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You don't think the Galaxy game will sell out?

I misread it as Galway cos I thought you supported them.

Moving swiftly on :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I wouldn't say there'll be a formal segregated away end. Depends on ticket sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'd be very surprised if this sold out TBH. Other than the Real Madrid game, few friendly fixtures have enticed more than a few hundred to turn up. Most of the folk I go to games with have been going for 30 odd years & the vast majority aren't bothered with them. I'd expect there to be a 'small' novelty value for neutrals but genuinely cant see 6k people going to this.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

dfx- wrote: »
    I wouldn't say there'll be a formal segregated away end. Depends on ticket sales

Very much doubt there will be one. Personally I'd let kids go free to this. Drum up a bit of a buzz for the start of the season.

McPhail signed back. Now, a forward please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭DvB

anncoates wrote: »

McPhail signed back. Now, a forward please.

Patterson would be a nice crimbo pressie!

Miele looks a decent prospect too.... another couple of tidy signings & we may not look too bad at all, maybe not enough to win the league but surely to put up more of a challenge.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭ollaetta

The Ultras forum has been offline lately and not for the first time this year. Anyone got any info on what's going on?

Preseason Friendlies:

Home v Athlone Town, Friday 6th February, kick off 8pm. All tickets €5, children admitted free.

Home v SK Brann, Friday 13th February, kick off 8pm. Tickets €10 adults & €5 concessions.

Home v LA Galaxy, Saturday 21st February, kick off 4pm. Tickets €20 adults & €10 concessions.

Away v Shelbourne, Friday 27th February, kick off 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Time to get your season tickets ready !!!

http://youtu.be/V8x72hSaWxM

• Advertisement

Photos from the first day of training yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10155049161705858.1073742148.62673060857&type=1

Evan Osam to Shelbourne on loan.

Advertisement