Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes charging me 1.98 for no reason?

Options
  • 03-12-2014 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I got a new iPhone and I connected my debit card to it, but I never purchased anything. I was checking my bank account online and noticed two payments are pending from iTunes, saying:
    Description: Amount:
    ITUNES.COM/BILL 1.98 DR
    ITUNES.COM/BILL 1.98 DR

I have no idea what these payments are for, does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When you first link a credit card to your account, iTunes might place small "tester" transactions on the card to verify it. That might be the case here.

iTunes are also pretty good at emailing receipts for purchases, so I'd check your mail (including spam folder), or check your account online. Alternatively contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

dudara wrote: »
    When you first link a credit card to your account, iTunes might place small "tester" transactions on the card to verify it. That might be the case here.

iTunes are also pretty good at emailing receipts for purchases, so I'd check your mail (including spam folder), or check your account online. Alternatively contact them.

Ah ok thanks. I have since removed the card, will I get the money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They might be just shadow transactions which means they will disappear. Best to check first with Apple or your card provider.

Advertisement