Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm thinking of shrinking the PC case

Options
  • 03-12-2014 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Currently I have a Cosmos 1000. Beast of a thing, and fits everything. However, I'm toying with the idea of going to Canada, so I'd be probably having the PC shipped over after me. Thus, small PC case. Currently only have stock fan on the 1150 CPU so no big fan, however I have a GTX760 which is long enough.

Thus, what case would be best? Have a full ATX, so shall probably downsize that accordingly to fit the case I'll be getting. Looking at Hardwareversand as they have a nice selection of stuff, and the Cooler Master Elite 130 looks nice, but seems a bit bulky, as does the BitFenix Prodigy M. The Cooler Master Elite 110 however looks small enough. I think my 760 is 26cm long, and the case being 28cm long should just about hold it. However, I'd have to stop using my (holy frig, 8 year old) Creative labs soundcard, but I assume onboard are probably surpassed it by now, as it only has room for two slots at the back, and the GTX 760 takes up both.

If shipping it to Canada, I'll probably leave out the PSU as it's usually heavy enough (2.63kg), and the cheapest "heavy" item.

Comments

Advertisement