Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do any fungicides kill plant fungi

• 03-12-2014 3:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Would like a straight answer is there any fungicides that kill fungi on plants rather than act as preventive measure as I have smallish black spots on the leaves and stems of some of my shrubs and am wondering can they recover. Didn't have a chance to spray them with bordeux as it been raining non stop and it would have been washed off instantly thus doing nothing. Is there any home made ones that can help kill the fungus.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

Would like a straight answer is there any fungicides that kill fungi on plants rather than act as preventive measure as I have smallish black spots on the leaves and stems of some of my shrubs and am wondering can they recover. Didn't have a chance to spray them with bordeux as it been raining non stop and it would have been washed off instantly thus doing nothing. Is there any home made ones that can help kill the fungus.
    Regardless of the weather there is always ample time to spray, saying you didn't have time is just an excuse, also you have to remember fungal spores are everywhere and given the right conditions they will grow and keep coming back, there is no long term definitive solution (thank God, because without ithemthe natural world as we know it wouldn't exist) and you'll have to keep treating it forever, that's the nature of fungi.
    Although you could lighten your workload by only having disease resistant plants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Cold chamomile tea generally works on the kind of fungus caused by damping-off (paired, obviously, with a bit more heat and less damp in the seedlings' environment). You could try it for your blackspot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Are you sure it's a fungus? Spots can be caused by many things and if they are on a number of unrelated plants then it's unlikely to be a fungus. Anyhow, feeding plants and making sure they are strong growing is usually the best defence with regard to plant problems.
    BTW gardening rarely throws up straight answers! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 smartgardener

do you know the ash?

Advertisement