Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom evision box resetting issues

Options
  • 03-12-2014 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, I've had the evision box now for about 6 months and I experience the following problems with it in terms of its stability (there are other issues posted separably):

a. Each morning, I often have to reset the box (unplug it for a few moments) before it will turn on. The batteries in the remote work every other time, so I don't believe that that's the problem. This often happens if the box is off for a few hours, e.g. it might be turned off at say 3pm and on again around 6pm.
    b. The other day, I paused a programme and it just reset itself
    c. Randomly, it will just reset itself. Hard to diagnose exactly. It's rare, but it does happen
    d. Sometimes when you wake it out of standby, you get sound but no pictures. This requires a reboot. This happens about once every two weeks or so

These things contribute to a lowering of satisfaction in the device. Bear in mind that the box could be recording something when these resets happen.

Thanks
    Ray

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

rfallon wrote: »
    Hi, I've had the evision box now for about 6 months and I experience the following problems with it in terms of its stability (there are other issues posted separably):

a. Each morning, I often have to reset the box (unplug it for a few moments) before it will turn on. The batteries in the remote work every other time, so I don't believe that that's the problem. This often happens if the box is off for a few hours, e.g. it might be turned off at say 3pm and on again around 6pm.
    b. The other day, I paused a programme and it just reset itself
    c. Randomly, it will just reset itself. Hard to diagnose exactly. It's rare, but it does happen
    d. Sometimes when you wake it out of standby, you get sound but no pictures. This requires a reboot. This happens about once every two weeks or so

These things contribute to a lowering of satisfaction in the device. Bear in mind that the box could be recording something when these resets happen.

Thanks
    Ray
    Hi rfallon

The best advice I can offer you is to raise this issues with eircoms technical support department (1890260260).

I would also like to assure you that I will use your feedback above in my reports to operations.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement