Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

company mobile, what do you use?

Options
  • 03-12-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭

We currently use the S3 mini, users are complaining about it.

What mobile does your company use? Are users happy with it? The iphone and S4 seem a bit steep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Your employees are mostly going to have €600 iphones or €500 androids for their personal use, if you give them a cheaper little handset it'll always seem poor in comparison. iPhone hardware issues have driven a large organization I know away from the 5s and onto the S4/S5.

You get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We use Xperia and opo handsets. Xperias are good due to them being waterproof and they are as good a phone as you can get right now and the opo is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

thanks

What models do you use Jimmii? Would you consider these to be the best out of phones that are not quite as expensive as the iphones /S4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I worked with one place that made sure to supply the cheapest Nokias they could find and it actually caused poor morale!
    People were embarrassed to be seen using them and clients used to laugh at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

We have the options of iphone 6, nexus 6 or galaxy s4. Whatever the latest model is at the time. Upgrades are every 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Our purchasing manager doesn't want to buy them top of the range unfortunately. Also if we decided to move to iphone we'd have 100 "broken" s3's all of a sudden!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

IvoryTower wrote: »
    thanks

What models do you use Jimmii? Would you consider these to be the best out of phones that are not quite as expensive as the iphones /S4

If you have a look at rankings on GSMarena you'll see how highly rated the Xperia series is. You would probably be able to pick up a few of the Z2 reasonably enough priced the compact versions are essentially the same but with a smaller screen. The OPO is something a little different but you will find it will probably be a whole lot harder to get in any real quantity I am using one at the moment but I am a bit of a phone geek so like that sort of thing it comes in around €200-€300 cheaper than the flagships it competes with but supply is a lot smaller. iPhone and Samsung are the most popular but they aren't the best right now unless there is a reason you want to go IOS then I would go with Xperias and there isn't really any reason to go Samsung!

Advertisement