Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos - Reservation Codes - Wanted/Available

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

might as well chance it too, would love a code for the hard drive in Cork if anyone has one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

Macbook code in Dublin, I would love one if anyone has one. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Any codes for Carlow for the Mac Book?? Dealing with a 7 year old laptop at present and it would be awesome to have it for work!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

anyone got one for sligo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

With all the sob stories about laptops, how about the 180 euro dell on other thread??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Last call. Does anyone have a code for MacBook in Dublin? In exchange I will give them a code for two in Carlow.

I am in work until Thursday so wont be able to make it to Carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

dan786 wrote: »
    Last call. Does anyone have a code for MacBook in Dublin? In exchange I will give them a code for two in Carlow.

More than happy to pick up the 2 you have reserved and give you the other one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barbaraG

I can collect in carlow going to Dublin tomorrow can meet

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

joe316 wrote: »

Can I have one carlow code pretty please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭raviravi

Still hoping😊😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 2blonde1988

Please can I have a code to any store, would be so so grateful, its not for me but for a family member. Thanks :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Claire222 wrote: »
    Can I have one carlow code pretty please :D

Did you not read that it will definitely not be honored?

If anyone has a hard drive code for Swords, Santry, Blanch or Ashbourne I'd appreciate it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

Stheno wrote: »
    Did you not read that it will definitely not be honored?

If anyone has a hard drive code for Swords, Santry, Blanch or Ashbourne I'd appreciate it thanks

Never say never :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Would love a code for the MacBook Pro for any Dublin store, Drogheda, Dundalk, Athlone, Galway, Carlow or Monaghan. Realise it's a long shot but if you don't ask....

Oh and Ashbourne too!

Can collect them also, will give you one of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

Next in line for a spare code if anyone has one please for the MacBook!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 invalidkey

If anybody wants a code for the macbook help yourselves like so

Get the item number
    Get store number you wish to collect on website
    Call the Phone ordering service
    Place order - get your own code.
    Best do so today - 1 hour left.

Good Luck!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

invalidkey wrote: »

Get the item number

Good Luck!!!

Oh thanks, I don't think any of the hundreds of people looking for one knew how to do that or tried it.

Oh thanks, I don't think any of the hundreds of people looking for one knew how to do that or tried it.

I didn't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Get the item number

Good Luck!!!

Is there really any point in even doing this? As the Argos UK price is £800+ this is obviously a mistake and will be rectified before any new stock comes in. The phone (from memory0 states that the price at which you can purchase is the price on the day you collect, not the price you placed the reservation at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Get the item number

Good Luck!!!

Pointless exercise. If the item is not in stock you will not be able to place an order until the next time stock is in by which time the error will be corrected.

This has become a train wreck of a thread. People begging for a code no one will give them and people who own codes can't use them anyway as argos have communicated to all stores not to sell at the misprice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Any code for the seagate 500gb drive for Carlow or Kilkenny would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Might as well throw my name into the hat for a code for a Mac book reservation in Galway if anyone has one and for whatever reason decides they don't want it anymore, I'd love to take a gamble on it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Website states the price for the Mac Book is valid until July, look at the item page itself and you will see it in the window under the item where the item was on sale for info is stated, wonder is this a binding written contract type case, actual wording posted below.

Additional Information

This item is excluded from the 30 day money back guarantee. See the Additional Information panel for full details. Please note that this product is excluded from our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee. This does not affect your statutory rights.

Current selling price valid until 17/07/2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I would really appreciate a code for naas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

Mods, shouldn't this thread be moved to the 'requests' forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Moyglish wrote: »
    Might as well throw my name into the hat for a code for a Mac book reservation in Galway if anyone has one and for whatever reason decides they don't want it anymore, I'd love to take a gamble on it! :)

There's no point. I had a code but they refused to sell the macbook at the erroneous price in Galway. They did let me have the denver chest though so i was happy enough with one bargain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

people, google invitation to treat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

joe316 wrote: »

Sent you the code :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

sweetie wrote: »
    people, google invitation to treat...

I was just about to say the same :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

I would love a Mac code for anywhere,need this,willing to travel! :-D

tictac2580 wrote: »
    I would love a Mac code for anywhere,need this,willing to travel! :-D

Ah jeez would you read the thread, it's been said about a billion times that these will not be honoured

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tictac2580

Ah jeez would you read the thread, it's been said about a billion times that these will not be honoured

http://s2.postimg.org/c107qcxft/20150117_190135.jpg

And even then, there are pages of people before them already looking for codes lol.

He's pretty much the only person on boards who had it honoured.

when was that though? was it before they noticed??

• Advertisement

when was that though? was it before they noticed??

No, definitely afterwards.

degsie wrote: »
    No, definitely afterwards.

hope for some i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

No harm in trying! If there are any going for Navan, would happily take it :)

For the MacBook I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Yep I'm the same I'll try in a any shop in Dublin so anyone not willing that has a reservation code in Dublin I'll try it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

The macbooks wont be honoured , they were sold in 2 stores at least before head office realised. Whoever had the codes went to the kiosk so they got them no problem.

And yes I know this for a fact :P Unreal bargain for those who got them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

I'll take any reservation codes not in use lads. Worth a punt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭i_hate_rain

Anyone have a MacBook code

Appears the MBA 13" isn't even on the site anymore, probably temporarily

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Appears the MBA 13" isn't even on the site anymore, probably temporarily

Its still there- they have just changed to product code- to disassociate it from the misprice mess.

Link to it here: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1467714/Trail/searchtext%3EMACBOOK.htm

Its still there- they have just changed to product code- to disassociate it from the misprice mess.

Link to it here: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1467714/Trail/searchtext%3EMACBOOK.htm

That's a different one afaik? The mispriced one for €110 was the MB air 13" version which was supposed to be €1,100, looked like this one

MacBook_Air_13-inch_35330106_01_620x433.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Well done to the 3 flukey people who managed to get them before Argos closed ranks, and the misprice. Lets move on though- pages and pages of people pleading isn't going to achieve anything other than annoyance for all concerned. As its down off the system altogether- even if people have a reservation- the computers won't allow it be fulfilled. Its time to move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

People only want codes for the MacBook so they can buy it and put it up on eBay for a big fat profit. Why they think anyone would give them a code when they would probably be doing the same thing is just fcuking sad.

It's gone, it's over! Let it lie lads, let it lie...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

People only want codes for the MacBook so they can buy it and put it up on eBay for a big fat profit. Why they think anyone would give them a code when they would probably be doing the same thing is just fcuking sad.

I would have loved to get one of the macbooks to use for college. I do agree if someone can make a profit off one thats fine but they are going to be greedy and ask for alot of money for one. I think i have seen one on adverts.ie already asking for 900 for a macbook bought yesterday.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I would have loved to get one of the macbooks to use for college.

There's a fairly cheap dell laptop floating about BA that'd be ideal for uni.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement