Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snuff hard to find

• 03-12-2014 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

There are posts here about the availability of snuff. Most seem to be 3 years old or more.
    the only place I can get McCrystals is in Reynolds Abby street by the luas stop.
    In Drogheda I can get it in at least 6 or 7 shops and a few pubs.
    There must be more availability of snuff in Dublin.
    I am on a day off and will have to travel from Hueston station to Abbey Street for my Snuff
    Anybody like to help compiling a list.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,895 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

It's definitely hanging behind the bar in Alfie Byrne's. I'd say the other Galway Bay bars have it too. The Palace has it as well, I think; likewise Mulligan's of Poolbeg Street. But all of these places are more effort to get to than hopping a Luas from Heuston to Abbey Street so I don't know why you'd bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ei8dqb

Hi Beernut.
    thanks for that.
    I will be getting on luas to Abbey street, I am on a day off.
    When I am working it noy so easy and the last two times I went to Abbey Street they were out of stock.
    So just looking other places to buy

Old man pubs. It's worth ducking in to any you pass and asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ei8dqb

Cheers Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Is the tobacconist on College Green in Dublin gone? I bought coffee flavoured snuff there a few years ago. They had all sorts of different flavours.

There's a small newsagent by Stephen's Green shopping centre across from Harry's on the Green which sells snuff in medium sized tins. The Palace Bar on Fleet St has small tins behind the bar too.

• Advertisement

Fox's is still there; Peterson's moved up a bit to Nassau Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Small bump. I gave up looking for it after a while (I was never in town when the tobacconist was open). Ordered it from the Snuff Store in Dungannon.

Advertisement