Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nissan Qashqai v's Hyundai ix35

• 03-12-2014 12:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Looking to change into one of these "nearly new" so 141/142 etc. On the Qashqai it would be the SV + Safety pack spec and on the ix35 it would be Executive spec so both pretty good on that front.

Main requirement is going to be carrying a buggy and a baby seat (ISO Fix) and accompanying stuff :-)

Any advice, pros or cons of either from existing owners. Price wise they are pretty much around the same mark for the ones I'm looking at.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I'd be interested in feedback as well. I had been looking at something along these two or an estate of some kind.

Just an FYI the Hyundai has a much larger boot. A quick google tells me that the ix35's at 591 litres versus the Nissan's 430 litre boot.

Have test driven either car btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭DriveSkill

I've driven both but only on short test drives, personally I prefer the Qashqai but its more to the feel of the cabin rather than the drive as such.

I also drove the 1.2 Petrol Qashqai a few months ago and actually was very impressed considering the small engine.

Its going to be my wifes car really so I don't have the final say, didn't realise the boot size difference was so big actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

I swear by the qashqai, my 3rd one in 7 years so I'm totally biased.honestly,best car I've ever had-never a promlem,very economical and a beautiful drive.The 1.5diesel is just enough engine power-no use for towing (had a hitch on first one) tbh but good acceleration in lower gears for diesel.Recently tested the Rav4-very nice all round but aboit 2K more than qashqai.the i35 is an attractive car buy I'd go for the qashqai at end of day

Ended up with the Qashqai...in the end it was a mix of preferring the styling, felt slightly better build with better materials, wife was more comfortable with smaller size and sales guy was more pleasant!

Also ended up going for the 151 as relatively speaking small difference in price between it and a 141 with 26k on it and one year less warranty. Collection on Jan 2nd :)

Congratulations on your purchase---You won't regret it!!!!!!! Going for the 151 makes sense / for the amount of money being spent you may as well get the nee plate&guarantee!! WELL WEAR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

Best of Luck with the new car, thinking about buying a new one myself but just a little concerned by some owner reports about noise inside the cabin and door and dash panel noises. Really love the car, was coming in at 32K for the top diesel model with panoramic roof. Alot of car for the money.

I've had 3 with an annual avg milage of 75000km-- can honestly say I've never heard any "noise" in the qashqai. It may sound odd but I preferred the sensors to the reversing camera-took me months to get used to the camera but thats maybe just me.oh, that lane deviation alarm thing is just a gimmick/useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

What level of trim did you get? Im looking at the Ntec and the Ntec+ Only £6 a month difference in the lease for me. Wondering should I go for the sunroof..

afatbollix wrote: »
    What level of trim did you get? Im looking at the Ntec and the Ntec+ Only £6 a month difference in the lease for me. Wondering should I go for the sunroof..

I'm guessing you are in the UK and there are different trim levels, here we have XE, SV and SVE, there are also a couple of 'packs' you can add such as Safety Pack and Connect Pack.

I went for the SV + Safety Pack, basically gives you a pretty decent spec (in my view) - dual climate, 17" alloys, folding colour coded mirrors off the top of my head. The Safety Packs gives you front + rear sensors, lane departure warning, traffic sign recognition and couple of other things.

You need to go up with the SVE spec to the get the sunroof but I've never really liked sunroofs to be honest so that wasn't of interest to me, you also get leather as an option in the SVE I believe whereas SV is just cloth seats.

I have the SVE model- it isn't a sunroof per se -its just a glass roof. The front sensors are great for getting "used" to the parking up close to a wall-had a "loaner" qashqai in the summer with basic spec-touched the front number plate off a wall as I was just used to the sensor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement