Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find accommodation for working abroad in France?

Options
  • 03-12-2014 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I was trying to find a website with apartments for rent in France, like daft.ie that we have here. All I seem to be getting is page upon page of holiday sites with holiday apartments. Considering I will be there for at least 8 months a holiday one won't really do.

Does anyone know any good sites to browse apartments and houses for let in different parts of France? Also there wouldn't happen to be any Irish company that would help you find accommodation abroad? Like a middle man sort of company. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Joshua5

what part of france are you heading to mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

Try seloger.fr, pap (person to person) so no agency fees or leboncoin which is like Gumtree.

If you're going to Paris it's really hard without a French employer with a permanent contract and a French guarantor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Joshua5 wrote: »
    what part of france are you heading to mate?

Lille, just keep finding holiday accommodation, think it must be due to my location that google assumes I mean holidays! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Simple answer: no there is no French equivalent of daft.ie. The property sales/rental market in France is completely different to the Irish/UK model and agencies are, at the same time, ferociously competitive and poorly motivated.

Standard leases are for a year, minimum, starting in/around September for two reasons: 1) everyone in France times their changes of life/home/whatever to the school year (it's printed in all the calendars so everyone can be synchronised!) ; and 2) a landlord can't throw anyone out during the "winter truce" (approx Nov-March) regardless of whether the rent has been paid or not, so they don't want leases finishing up in Oct-Mar. Obviously, being France, most agencies are closed or very short-staffed in July and August, and even if they're not, the landlords are uncontactable.

This site sounds like it's aimed at people in your situation: www.lille-appart.com

Alternatively ...
    www.fnaim.fr
    www.sergic.com
    www.logic-immo.com
    www.avendrealouer.fr
    www.century21.fr

(and if you didn't know it, or for anyone else browsing this forum, "location" means rental, not location! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Your best bets are appartager.fr and leboncoin.fr. I found mine on appartager. Good for finding houseshares/flatshares.

• Advertisement
Advertisement