Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excel Auto Fill

• 03-12-2014 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

I am copying number down to another cell but Excel keeps calculating the values up

Say I have 2001, When I copy and past I get 2002 and have to click on the box and select copy cell.

Can I have excel do this automatically?

I have go into options-Advanced-Editing-enable auto complete for cell values but I has made no difference!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Do you want to keep the same number, or have it go up by 1 in each successive cell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,639 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

When you're using autofill [this image shows the autofill handle on the lower right corner >>> 5CAtSP.png], do you have two or more numeric cells selected and are then dragging the autofill handle down over the other target cells? That's the only way I can replicate the issue you describe.

If you select a single cell and then use autofill to copy downwards, the value selected is unchanged in those other cells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

DB4471420 99343515 31/10/2014 9008 31/10/2014 90081031 GBP 219.3 0

The line abobve is a sample, each has its own cell.....When I highligh and drag down to an empty row of cells the DB4471420 becomes DB4471421.

I neede to click the little box and seletc copy cells to keep the original DB4471420 in as many cells as I select.

Is there a setting the allows me to do this without have to select copy cells each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭curiosity

Select the cell you want to copy, and the destination cells, then click 'ctrl' & 'd' together.

Advertisement