Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

PTH2009 wrote: »
    read on u2.com fourm thing that 40% of tickets are reserved for hangers on/family/friends etc.

So if i but tickets on my dads credit card can i collect the tickets with my ID ???

I have seen the paperless ticket once before in the Michael Buble concert. I needed to had the credit card with me, and they scanned it/swiped it on a machine and printed a (kind of) ticket on the spot.
    Don't know if the arrangement would be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I have seen the paperless ticket once before in the Michael Buble concert. I needed to had the credit card with me, and they scanned it/swiped it on a machine and printed a (kind of) ticket on the spot.
    Don't know if the arrangement would be the same.

Yeah I had a similar experience with Peter Kay tickets in the 3arena. I was never ID'd but I had bought the tickets with my dads credit card and had to present it at the desk after a confirming my address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

Is it ticketbastard or tickets.ie that they will be sold on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

lukin wrote: »
    Is it ticketbastard or tickets.ie that they will be sold on?

ticketmaster.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Surely the 25th and 26th will be announced "due to unprecedented demand" ?

Taking days off in the middle of the gigs makes no sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Taking days off in the middle of the gigs makes no sense

Looking at the tour schedule, they've done it in Paris, London, Stockholm, Berlin and Amsterdam and probably more...
    http://www.u2.com/tour

No doubt they need to rest up! They're not spring chickens any more! :D

Also, Simple Minds play 29th Nov in the 3Arena, so no more will be added on I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

yeah, Bono's body is in bits at this stage. 2 nights in a row is as much as the poor little old fella can manage.

They do put a lot of energy into their show. It would become tired and "going through the motions" if they did any more than 2. I wouldn't rule it out on this occasion as a once off though.

Standing tickets will be no more than €80 unless you are going for the RED zone tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

MadYaker wrote: »
    Huge range of ticket prices, what does €30 get you compared to €185? Nice to see that they are donating all the money.
    as others have said before, its actually a rather cunning policy to ensure that tickets dont sell out instantly and a lesson in economics.

From bitter experience, if all tickets are a normal price you have every chancer buying as many as they can and putting them on ebay at double or triple the price within hours.

So until a couple of tours ago, the "market" price for U2 concerts was higher than what they were actually charging.
    U2 are now charging what the market can take, i.e. €185 for the better seats.
    If they sold them for €80 or €100 then they would sell out in seconds and only end up on ebay for €185 or more anyhow.

So the end result is that U2 (/a charity) pocket the cash rather than a tout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Pretty much decided I won't be going to these gigs. First ones I've missed since New Years Eve in the point 1989.

The lower priced tickets are going to be whipped up & I can't justify anything over €75 for a gig. The outdoor gigs although nowhere near as good are much better priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Why is there a 2 day gap between the dates, 23,24 and then 27,28?
    There's nothing in for those dates at 3Arena so would there be another 2 concerts announced (25th & 26th) after they sell out the 1st 4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭The boarder

I presume anyone on 3 will have early access to tickets before general release once there signed up through 3 rewards?

I hope so. It's not on the app yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Does anyone know how many tickets people who are members of U2.com are allowed buy on presale?

My brother in law has been a member for years and always got tickets and if he was allowed get 4 I'll be begging him for them because my boyfriends a big fan and it'd be a week or so after his grad.

If not I'll be doing the desperation search Monday morning.

U2 members were allocated a presale code(that's paid up members, $50 a year membership). That would give you access to 2 pre-sale tickets.

So assuming he is a paid up member before the dates were announced, and he hadn't already used his code on another of the tour's shows, he will be able to get 2 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

Does anyone know how many tickets people who are members of U2.com are allowed buy on presale?

My brother in law has been a member for years and always got tickets and if he was allowed get 4 I'll be begging him for them because my boyfriends a big fan and it'd be a week or so after his grad.

If not I'll be doing the desperation search Monday morning.

Its limited to 2 per person.Also to be noted that pre-sale only applies for those who were members before Sept. 8.Members who have used there Codes on other shows will also not be allowed in the pre-sale.Pre-sale begins tomorrow for Irish residents and rest of world on Friday.GA Tickets are also paperless so only credit card entry & non transferable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I suspect this thread will have a serious amount of whingers on it come Monday midday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

also...I wonder if the lunatic who used to queue for a week outside HMV prior to the album launches will be queuing outside his local TM booth ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Saw them for $20 in Soldier Field in Chicago 4 years ago for 360.

Definitely worth €30 anyway. Those tickets will literally sell out in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

s8n wrote: »
    also...I wonder if the lunatic who used to queue for a week outside HMV prior to the album launches will be queuing outside his local TM booth ??

Theres no outlet Sales only Online & Three Arena box office.What will kill alot of U2 Hardcore fans is there prob in Amsterdam Sat & Sun night so no chance of queuing{myself included]

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Hopefully snap up tickets for this on Monday. I understand the whole point of 2 tickets per person to combat touts, but where does that leave normal customers.

For example if a family of 4 or 3 looking to sit together? Just not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm a huge fan, have been for donkeys and generally go to as many of their Irish shows as possible. There is no way in hell I will pay over a hundred quid for a ticket. A hundred quid ticket = €200 when you count that i'll have to bring herself, so for the more expensice tickets, that means at least a €500 quid night out by the time you factor in a bit of merchandise, few drinks, grub, taxis etc

I'll stick with London if I can't pick up a cheap ticket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

About time Ticketmaster and the bands started limiting ticket sales to 2 person.
    6 and 8 tickets was too many as it encouraged touts to sell them on.
    2 will be restricting to people who want to go in groups but it's the fairest way to do it.
    If 4 or 6 people want to go, everybody will have to try and get tickets themselves instead of one or two trying and then sometimes ending up with double tickets.
    Sitting away from your mates for 2 hours is no big deal.
    Think of it like sitting at a sold out football match or sitting on Ryanair flight in the old days when you didn't want to pay for priority seating.
    Love to see the queue at 3Arena on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Any idea price for standing tickets?

Going by the rest of the tour I'd guess at around €60 to €80.

as others have said before, its actually a rather cunning policy to ensure that tickets dont sell out instantly and a lesson in economics.

From bitter experience, if all tickets are a normal price you have every chancer buying as many as they can and putting them on ebay at double or triple the price within hours.

So until a couple of tours ago, the "market" price for U2 concerts was higher than what they were actually charging.
    U2 are now charging what the market can take, i.e. €185 for the better seats.
    If they sold them for €80 or €100 then they would sell out in seconds and only end up on ebay for €185 or more anyhow.

So the end result is that U2 (/a charity) pocket the cash rather than a tout.

Is it going to a charity?

It seems an odd way to "beat" the touts, ie: by being as greedy as they are, but removing any chance of getting a standard price good seat. The real losers in this situation are the fans would have got normal priced tickets in the usual system.

If it goes to charity, that's something though I guess.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    About time Ticketmaster and the bands started limiting ticket sales to 2 person.
    6 and 8 tickets was too many as it encouraged touts to sell them on.
    2 will be restricting to people who want to go in groups but it's the fairest way to do it.
    If 4 or 6 people want to go, everybody will have to try and get tickets themselves instead of one or two trying and then sometimes ending up with double tickets.
    Sitting away from your mates for 2 hours is no big deal.
    Think of it like sitting at a sold out football match or sitting on Ryanair flight in the old days when you didn't want to pay for priority seating.
    Love to see the queue at 3Arena on Monday.

It is an inconvenience and as usual the real touts are in cahoots with ticketmaster anyway, and won't be affected by any of this.

There are no doubt 100's of tickets already reserved for re-sellers by ticketmaster. This does nothing whatsoever to combat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

I'm hoping to get two Dublin tickets in the presales with my code.

Now, say I wanted to go to Belfast as well, does that mean I would have to queue outside my local Ticketmaster outlet?
    Or can I get someone else, a relative for example, to try to grab me two tickets online on Monday morning?

I've never been lucky enough to get tickets before, I'd love to get to both venues if possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Will we have an option to choose the day or will it each day become available as the previous one sells out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

hawkelady wrote: »
    Will we have an option to choose the day or will it each day become available as the previous one sells out ?

Probably all dates will go on sale at the same time and you just pick the one you want.

I hope for a 3 customers presale (probably on Friday?), for a half decent chance to get a ticket. I reckon on Monday it will be pure luck to get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Niamhf

Have you received your e-mail yet? I haven't gotten mine, MML.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Niamhf wrote: »
    Have you received your e-mail yet? I haven't gotten mine, MML.

No, nothing yet!

Advertisement