Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan, have been for donkeys and generally go to as many of their Irish shows as possible. There is no way in hell I will pay over a hundred quid for a ticket. A hundred quid ticket = €200 when you count that i'll have to bring herself, so for the more expensice tickets, that means at least a €500 quid night out by the time you factor in a bit of merchandise, few drinks, grub, taxis etc

I'll stick with London if I can't pick up a cheap ticket

Agreed,100 euro is more than enough for a ticket .
    Its a bit rich of Bono going on about world poverty when the guy is looking for 192 euro a ticket in Dublin and 235 euro (£170) in Belfast.

You are lucky that you are in Dublin,spare a thought for the people who have to travel to Dublin from other parts of the country.
    Train or car fuel,accommodation in Dublin at the mercy of rip off hotels jacking up the prices ,time off work etc.
    It could end up being 1000 euro for a couple for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

MML wrote: »
    No, nothing yet!

Only joined yesterday so won't get a code. If anyone has any to spare I can take it thanks

No 3 pre-sale either

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Gonna be an absolute lottery to get tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No 3 pre-sale either

Is that confirmed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

"Tickets can be bought at the venue box offices and online."
    I accidentally skipped over that line. So no queueing at the local music shop then...

"will be limited to 2 per purchaser"
    So does that mean I can only use my credit card for two presale tickets for Dublin, for example?

Could I start another separate transaction on Monday for the Belfast venue, or will the transaction be cancelled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

MML wrote: »
    "Tickets can be bought at the venue box offices and online."
    I accidentally skipped over that line. So no queueing at the local music shop then...

"will be limited to 2 per purchaser"
    So does that mean I can only use my credit card for two presale tickets for Dublin, for example?

Could I start another separate transaction on Monday for the Belfast venue, or will the transaction be cancelled?

Two different gigs, why would they cancel it? They won't, that will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

saggycaggy wrote: »

'Ticketmaster has opted for paperless delivery to reduce reselling'
    UNless you want to resell on their own 'official' resale sites, Seatwave and Getmein of course, which is actively encouraged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Is that confirmed?

I think so.
    The gigs are now up on the ticketmaster website, there is only reference to the fanclub presale which starts tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

Agreed,100 euro is more than enough for a ticket .
    Its a bit rich of Bono going on about world poverty when the guy is looking for 192 euro a ticket in Dublin and 235 euro (£170) in Belfast.

You are lucky that you are in Dublin,spare a thought for the people who have to travel to Dublin from other parts of the country.
    Train or car fuel,accommodation in Dublin at the mercy of rip off hotels jacking up the prices ,time off work etc.
    It could end up being 1000 euro for a couple for a day or two.

I agree but didn't I read that the money from these shows is going to some charity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Theres 2 things here...

First is this "They are priced from £30 to £165 for Belfast and from €30 to €185 in Dublin, plus charges. "
    So thats €185 + €6.50 visa charges + whatever else they decide to add on.

2nd is that ticketmaster know in advance there will be a massive demand for these tickets, but your guaranteed their website will crash at 9am, guaranteed!

Two different gigs, why would they cancel it?

Yeah, I figured as much, but when they said "2 per customer" I didn't think I could get 2x Dublin and 2x Belfast at the same time, as that would be a total of four in one transaction, even though it's for separate dates.

I'll take a stab at it on Monday anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

SteM wrote: »
    I agree but didn't I read that the money from these shows is going to some charity?

Theyre donating all the money to ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kevinmcm

So it seems they are going to be doing a slightly different show in terms of production for Dublin because their current touring setup is too big for the 3Arena, does anyone know if it fits into the arena in Belfast??

I really want to see the show they have been touring American and now Europe with and would gladly travel up to Belfast to see this production.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Glad there's no 3 presale. Might have been different due to the paperless system and ticket limits but I'm really getting sick of missing out on tickets because of presales and seeing hundreds of tickets on seatwave and viagogo before general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭weadick

I hope so. It's not on the app yet.

So they should be on sale through the 3 plus app Friday or Saturday? If it's meant to be 48 hours before official sale...

weadick wrote: »
    So they should be on sale through the 3 plus app Friday or Saturday? If it's meant to be 48 hours before official sale...

There's no 3 presale. Only fanclub pre-sale and general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

For those who've been to some of the other shows is there tickety merch or something if you collect ticket stubs seeing as there will be no actual ticket...stupid question for some I know said I'd ask anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭bren2001

There's no 3 presale. Only fanclub pre-sale and general sale.

That's not confirmed anywhere. Are you just getting that from the other thread? 3 only sent out the Ireland-Germany presale text an hour ago for presale on Friday (General Monday) with no mention of it on TM. I fully expect 3 to have a pre-sale

bren2001 wrote: »
    That's not confirmed anywhere. Are you just getting that from the other thread? 3 only sent out the Ireland-Germany presale text an hour ago for presale on Friday (General Monday) with no mention of it on TM. I fully expect 3 to have a pre-sale

It's on Ticketmasters website when the various ticket times are go-live. Every gig in the 3Arena has the 3 pre-sale timeframe noted and built in when it's loaded up onto Ticketmaster unless it's not available.

I'll happily stand corrected if it's added in, but it's usually there from the get-go for 3Arena gigs or it's not.

Would be very happy if there's no 3 pre-sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Glad there's no 3 presale. Might have been different due to the paperless system and ticket limits but I'm really getting sick of missing out on tickets because of presales and seeing hundreds of tickets on seatwave and viagogo before general sale.

Pre-sales are only a limited allocation. Ticketmaster are in conjunction with tout sites such as get me in who have initially been allocated tickets no doubt. Tickets don't show up on those sites because they have people who are signed up to the 3 network

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

Niamhf wrote: »
    Have you received your e-mail yet? I haven't gotten mine, MML.

Anyone received their presale fan club code email?

It's on Ticketmasters website when the various ticket times are go-live. Every gig in the 3Arena has the 3 pre-sale timeframe noted and built in when it's loaded up onto Ticketmaster unless it's not available.

I'll happily stand corrected if it's added in, but it's usually there from the get-go for 3Arena gigs or it's not.

They quite often put up the page for tickets and add in the presale time later that day. I see no reason why there wouldn't be one.

I'm sure you would be happy!

bren2001 wrote: »
    They quite often put up the page for tickets and add in the presale time later that day. I see no reason why there wouldn't be one.

I'm sure you would be happy!

Of course I would. It's utter nonsense that people get priority tickets because of what phone company they're with.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

There's no mention of a 3 pre-sale time on the Ticketmaster website
    Onsale to General Public

Start: Mon 14/09/15, 09:00
    Fanclub

Start: Thu 10/09/15, 10:00
    End: Fri 11/09/15, 17:00

padski08 wrote: »
    Anyone received their presale fan club code email?

Still nothing here...

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I don't think there will be a pre code for 3 customers. I'm a 3 customer myself. The reason I don't think there will be is because they will have a pre sale for the u2 fan club members many of which have kept their code for this very gig. With it being a small venue too I can't see there being a pre sale for both the fan club and 3 customers. I could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I'm on 3 through work account which I manage. No idea how to get pre-sale access if it happens so can anyone put me straight?

Do I need to register somehow with them?

Seve OB wrote: »
    I'm on 3 through work account which I manage. No idea how to get pre-sale access if it happens so can anyone put me straight?

Do I need to register somehow with them?

You register your number with 3 Plus and in that there is an option for 3 pre-sale texts. Tick that. If there is one you will get a text telling you you need to text a certain word to a certain number. They then send you a unique code.

There is quite often fan sale tix and 3 presale tix. 3 pay big money for the naming rights, I'd be very surprised if they were not given tickets for presale. The only logical reason they wouldn't be is that U2 are stopping them (unlikely imo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

SteM wrote: »

Indeed. Bono comes out of it with the usual paycheck and the extras goes to charity. Bono ends up looking like a saint.

Advertisement