Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No 3 pre-sale either

On the Three facebook page they have been asked is there a presale and the reply just now is that they don't have any info on this at the moment. So its not a no yet. I'd be surprised if there was no Three presale, the naming rights don't come cheap and priority tickets is a selling point for Three when attracting customers to their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

lertsnim wrote: »
    Indeed. Bono comes out of it with the usual paycheck and the extras goes to charity. Bono ends up looking like a saint.

Yip,only 2m euro is going to Charity

The other 8m is going to U2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Jesus the Bono bashing begins.......................... They are ONLY giving 2 million to charity..................... How much did Ed Sheeran donate from his gigs? how about One Direction?? how about Rihanna????

Yea U2 are greedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

You have to laugh:pac: They should be doing it for free. Wait, they should be paying US to play here, greedy ****es, we made them!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mr.H wrote: »
    Jesus the Bono bashing begins.......................... They are ONLY giving 2 million to charity..................... How much did Ed Sheeran donate from his gigs? how about One Direction?? how about Rihanna????

Yea U2 are greedy

I never suggested that giving 2 million was nothing. I was only pointing out that not all the money was going to charity after seeing it suggested that all of it was. You should take a deep breath.
    You have to laugh:pac: They should be doing it for free. Wait, they should be paying US to play here, greedy ****es, we made them!:rolleyes:

Again that wasn't suggested but sure you keep imagining things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Was it the 360 tour or the Elevation tour where they donated all the profits from the European leg of the tour?

The thing most people dont understand when the bash the band is that its not Just Larry Bono Edge and Adam that have to be paid. What about the logistics company who transports the equipment, the stage hands, the equipment technicians, the back up bands, the venue itself, security and so on. The band dont get 100% of ticket sales..................

You're reacting negatively to the news that they are donating 2 million of the profits from these gigs.

Bono getting usual paycheck(how is that possible if they are donating so much to charity?!)
    Bono ends up looking like a saint(errr, yeah, in fairness, he does. And?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

You're reacting negatively to the news that they are donating 2 million of the profits from these gigs.

That was reacting negatively?
    Bono getting usual paycheck(how is that possible if they are donating so much to charity?!)

Insane ticket prices. People will pay it and I do not have a problem with that before you imagine that I do. Supply and demand afterall
    Bono ends up looking like a saint(errr, yeah, in fairness, he does. And?!)

If you agree with it why are you questioning me stating it or is it only the fan club that are permitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Just had a look at ticketmaster, it appears that the VIP tickets are sold separately for 280 Euro.
    Very curious now as to where are the 185 Euro tickets located.

• Advertisement

If you thought your post came across as anything but negative then fair enough.

I don't see how anything other than "fair play to them" could be thrown at the news they are donating 2mill.

The prices are crazy high for some of the seats, I agree, but that is another issue and is across the board for their whole tour.

The issue of them donating 2 mill is only a positive.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Just had a look at ticketmaster, it appears that the VIP tickets are sold separately for 280 Euro.

They're just standard lower tier central seats. They've had these crazy prices for the whole tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

forget the 185 tickets. i wonder how many tickets for €30 will actually be on sale

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so if i buy 2 tickets off my dads credit card and me and my brother in law go up with the card and my id will i get in ??

bit stupid to be paying money and u wont get a physical ticket

so if i buy 2 tickets off my dads credit card and me and my brother in law go up with the card and my id will i get in ??

bit stupid to be paying money and u wont get a physical ticket

I'm actually wondering what is going to happen with me. If I get a ticket, my card expires at the end of the month so will be going in with a new card!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'll chance my arm for some 30 quid tickets, not a bleedin hope I'm paying 180 bob though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Seve OB wrote: »
    forget the 185 tickets. i wonder how many tickets for €30 will actually be on sale
    probably not so many, and if there were more they'd be on ebay in minutes for €180 odd anyhow.

With U2 concerts its a case of get lucky with a ticket just as they go on sale, or end up shafted and spend a pretty penny on a ticket a little later when things calm down.

Till a couple of tours ago it was touts or ebay asking for the guts of €200 and for many were the ONLY way of getting a ticket.
    Now its U2 taking the cash.

End result, for many people not a lot of difference to be honest - except this way U2 is putting the touts out of action which is maybe a small positive

we need a seated ticket so going to go with any price i can get be it 191 or 30. just to have 2 tickets id be happy. mite have to make some sacrifices financially. 1 ticket is a weeks dole with a small bit added on.

the concert will be half full of 'i was there ****' who have no interest in the gig just going there to drink pints and shout requests for well known songs. at least touts will be gone but it also elimates toutless.ie which is handy to pick up tickets at face value

They are actually 192 euro inc booking fee

The ticket prices are 34.50 ,75 euro,102 euro and 192 euro

Going on the other venues there will probably be a few hundred 34.50 seats.
    They are usually restricted view but this may not be the case in the 3arena due to the stage layout.

The 75 euro tickets will be standing .

102 euro for a third of the seats and two thirds of the seats will be at the top price of 192.
    Just had a look at ticketmaster, it appears that the VIP tickets are sold separately for 280 Euro

Probably the best 192 euro seats with a free laminated sticker or some crap like that thrown in .

Doesnt look like any red zone for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm actually wondering what is going to happen with me. If I get a ticket, my card expires at the end of the month so will be going in with a new card!!!!

you should be ok as the card number will be the same. Just bring the expired card with you.

You'll have no problems either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

They are actually 192 euro inc booking fee

The ticket prices are 34.50 ,75 euro,102 euro and 192 euro

Going on the other venues there will probably be a few hundred 34.50 seats.
    They are usually restricted view but this may not be the case in the 3arena due to the stage layout.

The 75 euro tickets will be standing .

102 euro for a third of the seats and two thirds of the seats will be at the top price of 192.

Probably the best 192 euro seats with a free laminated sticker or some crap like that thrown in .

Doesnt look like any red zone for Dublin

Apologies, I should have been clearier, from the description I understand that they are standing in front of the stage - they actually use the wording "adjacent to the stage". They call it the Generation Zone.

Apologies, I should have been clearier, from the description I understand that they are standing in front of the stage - they actually use the wording "adjacent to the stage". They call it the Generation Zone.

Ok I see,they are the Red zone so
    Music Generation Zone Floor Ticket
    Barricaded area on floor adjacent to the stage
    Extremely limited capacity, offering less crowded area for you enjoy the show
    VIP Entrance to the venue
    An opportunity to be selected for a pre-show backstage tour
    Access to the Music Generation Zone refreshment stand
    Onsite host

"An opportunity to be selected" :rolleyes:

"An opportunity to be selected" :rolleyes:

Its nonsense to be honest.
    Vip entrance as well ,complete twaddle.

You are paying 210 euro extra over a normal standing ticket basically to be nearer the stage .

the 3arena fits 14500 people if the 40% thing is true than thats 20000 tickets gone for 4 days

5000 tickets each day gone to family/friends/hangers on
    9500 other tickets per day (U2.com subs will get 3000 tickets per day i reckon) leaving 6500 per day for the rest of us.

not holding much hope of getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Its nonsense to be honest.
    Vip entrance as well ,complete twaddle.

You are paying 210 euro extra over a normal standing ticket basically to be nearer the stage .

Which in some cases will literally be 5 foot closer to the stage than anyone who gets into the general standing area first...

the 3arena fits 14500 people if the 40% thing is true than thats 20000 tickets gone for 4 days

5000 tickets each day gone to family/friends/hangers on

That figure of 40% is nonsense.
    Maybe for the Sat night gig as its the last night but no way every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pandiani wrote: »
    On the Three facebook page they have been asked is there a presale and the reply just now is that they don't have any info on this at the moment. So its not a no yet. I'd be surprised if there was no Three presale, the naming rights don't come cheap and priority tickets is a selling point for Three when attracting customers to their network.

I'd imagine they'd actually have a good few sign ups solely to take advantage of the presale for this. People are that genuinely mad into U2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

we need a seated ticket so going to go with any price i can get be it 191 or 30. just to have 2 tickets id be happy. mite have to make some sacrifices financially. 1 ticket is a weeks dole with a small bit added on.

the concert will be half full of 'i was there ****' who have no interest in the gig just going there to drink pints and shout requests for well known songs. at least touts will be gone but it also elimates toutless.ie which is handy to pick up tickets at face value

Okay, I'll bite. Please tell me you're not going to be spending your dole money on this? Do you have kids?

• Advertisement

SteM wrote: »
    Okay, I'll bite. Please tell me you're not going to be spending your dole money on this? Do you have kids?

I work but make about 4 Euro more than the max dole payment. No kids or other half but will have to sacrifice a few pints to pay for the u2 tickets lol

Advertisement