Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Looks awesome

15392s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mr.H wrote: »
    Jesus the Bono bashing begins.......................... They are ONLY giving 2 million to charity..................... How much did Ed Sheeran donate from his gigs? how about One Direction?? how about Rihanna????

Yea U2 are greedy

I didn't see any of them charging 192 euro for a ticket to be fair.

192 euro is extortion ,big fan as I am ,I wouldn't pay more than 100 euro to see U2.

192 euro ,that must be a record for the 3arena and Dublin surely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

PTH2009 wrote: »
    so if i buy 2 tickets off my dads credit card and me and my brother in law go up with the card and my id will i get in ??

bit stupid to be paying money and u wont get a physical ticket

I dont know what they mean by paperless either. Do they mean eticket/print at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Still trying to get their terrible album off my iphone . U2 retire plz !!! I will pay you to retire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Sorry, are you lost or stuck here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I didn't see any of them charging 192 euro for a ticket to be fair.

192 euro is extortion ,big fan as I am ,I wouldn't pay more than 100 euro to see U2.

192 euro ,that must be a record for the 3arena and Dublin surely ?

The only artist that comes to mind that sprung outrageous prices before in Dublin was Michael Bublé, but I don't even think it hit €192 for a standard non-VIP ticket.

Stage layout looks good, but that Music Generation Zone looks absolute nonsense. You could be way out at the side of it with your €192 ticket and be way further away than someone with a €100 ticket. I guess having your own entrance makes up for that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

The Eagles I believe were costly tickets

The only artist that comes to mind that sprung outrageous prices before in Dublin was Michael Bublé, but I don't even think it hit €192 for a standard non-VIP ticket.

Stage layout looks good, but that Music Generation Zone looks absolute nonsense. You could be way out at the side of it with your €192 ticket and be way further away than someone with a €100 ticket. I guess having your own entrance makes up for that :rolleyes:

The Music generation tickets are only 280 euro :D

The Music generation tickets are only 280 euro :D

That is absolute daylight robber........

Ah no wait. I forgot. Don't forget the opportunity to be selected for a backstage tour. BARGAIN.

And a VIP host! Who'll probably resent everyone.

That is absolute daylight robber........

Ah no wait. I forgot. Don't forget the opportunity to be selected for a backstage tour. BARGAIN.

And a VIP host! Who'll probably resent everyone.

lol

And dont forget the access to the Music Generation Zone refreshment stand ,where you will be charged 5 euro for a bottle of water :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Has 3 sent out presale codes yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lkkev80

I signed up to u2.com a few months ago and went into the tours page this evening to see what my presale code is but cannot see if anywhere - am I blind? anyone know where I can find it??

Thanks

lkkev80 wrote: »
    I signed up to u2.com a few months ago and went into the tours page this evening to see what my presale code is but cannot see if anywhere - am I blind? anyone know where I can find it??

Thanks

Did you sign up to the website or sign up to a membership (ie pay the €50).

I think the presales are only for those who are paid members.

lol

And dont forget the access to the Music Generation Zone refreshment stand ,where you will be charged 5 euro for a bottle of water :D

It's not about the price of the water....

It's about the innocence..... and experience of it :D

Did you sign up to the website or sign up to a membership (ie pay the €50).

I think the presales are only for those who are paid members.

I paid the 50euro

Thanks

The codes were taken down a few months ago. They should be back before the presale starts .

The codes were taken down a few months ago. They should be back before the presale starts .

Ah ok, hope you are right :-) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Thanks

I usually get codes sent out in an email; I got emails for the London, New York and various other gigs.
    I still haven't gotten the email for the Dublin presale yet though. They're cutting it a bit close!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

MML wrote: »
    I usually get codes sent out in an email; I got emails for the London, New York and various other gigs.
    I still haven't gotten the email for the Dublin presale yet though. They're cutting it a bit close!

In the same boat myself, hopefully they will have it sorted by the morning

MML wrote: »

The presale code will probably be the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I joined the club last night at 11.55pm and I don't qualify but the papers said it would be Wednesday that they be announced. I even tried signing up on Tuesday at 2pm but it would not go through. Sour grapes from me but when signing up they should of made it clearer that I would not qualify for the Irish pre-sale. I emailed a u2.com asking is my membership paid for because I want to use it for a pre-sale code and he emailed me back saying the usual go to tour page and see the code etc. Nothing about me not qualifying.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I joined the club last night at 11.55pm and I don't qualify but the papers said it would be Wednesday that they be announced. I even tried signing up on Tuesday at 2pm but it would not go through. Sour grapes from me but when signing up they should of made it clearer that I would not qualify for the Irish pre-sale. I emailed a u2.com asking is my membership paid for because I want to use it for a pre-sale code and he emailed me back saying the usual go to tour page and see the code etc. Nothing about me not qualifying.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow

If you joined before today (even 11:55 last night), you should be eligible

Mr Alan wrote: »
    If you joined before today (even 11:55 last night), you should be eligible

It's on their website that you had to have joined before unfortunately
    PLEASE NOTE: Due to limited capacity for the Irish dates, the presale benefit applies only to people who were existing subscribers BEFORE the September 8 announcement. (The public ticket onsale for the Irish dates begins on Monday Sep 14th.)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

It's on their website that you had to have joined before unfortunately

Oops, I thought that referenced today :o my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Your presale code is back up again on the tours page of the U2.com if you are a paid member

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Is yours there PTH2009?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Your presale code is back up again on the tours page of the U2.com if you are a paid member

Can confirm. Just noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I was going to ask what the hell "paperless delivery" meant but I googled it instead. For anyone who was as confused as I am, this is what it means:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/paperless.html

Bit of a pain in the hole to be honest, if I do end up going this will be my first time seeing U2 and I have a collection of ticket stubs from over 100 gigs I've been to over the years. Doesn't look like I'll be adding a U2 ticket to my collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭weadick

I just got emailed a presale code for Dublin even though I already used a code for London.

So are all Irish subscribers being given new codes, regardless of whether you used one already for other European gigs? I hope this is the case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

weadick wrote: »
    I just got emailed a presale code for Dublin even though I already used a code for London.

So are all Irish subscribers being given new codes, regardless of whether you used one already for other European gigs? I hope this is the case!

Same here surprised as i had used it on Amsterdam and London.My Girlfriend also got a code.

Advertisement