Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

johnnykilo wrote: »
    I was going to ask what the hell "paperless delivery" meant but I googled it instead. For anyone who was as confused as I am, this is what it means:

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/h/paperless.html

Bit of a pain in the hole to be honest, if I do end up going this will be my first time seeing U2 and I have a collection of ticket stubs from over 100 gigs I've been to over the years. Doesn't look like I'll be adding a U2 ticket to my collection.

Not sure if it interests you but if you're a 3 customer you can access the Neon Bar and they give you a card on a lanyard which I think is a pretty decent souvenir in place of a ticket stub. If you're not a 3 customer and I don't get a ticket myself I'll happily put you down under my name for it

I still miss the "event" style tickets that had one off designs on them like band logo rather than the generic Ticketbastard ones. Haven't collected tickets in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭weadick

deeroy12 wrote: »
    Same here surprised as i had used it on Amsterdam and London.My Girlfriend also got a code.

I'm really surprised and pleasantly so. I'm up in the nosebleeds in London so hope I can get a GA tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Does anyone care to hazard a guess as to what the different ticket prices will translate to seating wise?

Also if anyone happens to end up with a spare pre sale code I will gladly give you my left arm...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

weadick wrote: »
    I'm really surprised and pleasantly so. I'm up in the nosebleeds in London so hope I can get a GA tomorrow!

I'm not very happy about this to be honest.
    I held my Presale code for the Irish gigs when I could have used it to go to Barcelona as I'll be there on holidays the week of the gigs.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is yours there PTH2009?
    i got emailed a code off them.

one thing could touts not just que up and get tickets from the box offices on monday morning ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i got emailed a code off them.

one thing could touts not just que up and get tickets from the box offices on monday morning ???

They can buy online too,only standing tickets are secure.
    All of the seats can be sold on ,they dont require a credit card or id at the venue.

MML wrote: »
    Can confirm. Just noticed it.
    its not on my tour page but i have an emailed code ??
    They can buy online too,only standing tickets are secure.
    All of the seats can be sold on ,they dont require a credit card or id at the venue.
    going for 2 seated on the tuesday night. a bit weird that seating is not id and standing is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I didn't see any of them charging 192 euro for a ticket to be fair.

192 euro is extortion ,big fan as I am ,I wouldn't pay more than 100 euro to see U2.

192 euro ,that must be a record for the 3arena and Dublin surely ?

Didnt see any of them charging €30 either*

Leonard Cohen charged a crazy amount as well for his gigs. As did Madonna YEARS ago.

Take That where charging €80 - €130 or something like that. Fleetwood mac charged up to €140.

Unfortunately thats the way ticket prices are going. It sucks.

I am a big U2 fan and have never seen them live. For that reason I will be desperate to get my hands on tickets Monday (as I am not a paid member. Couldnt justify forking out €50 for the chance to buy tickets when/if they actually came to Dublin). Chances of getting a ticket will be very small but I will try and if I dont get one it wont be because I was lazy about it.

The one thing I take solace in is the fact touts may be scared off to a degree with tickets limited to 2 per person and it being paperless. Maybe/Hopefully they will announce an extra night or two when these sell out in less than 20 mins

* they may have charged €30 but I wouldnt have ever checked how much they charge for their gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

As am an an Irish subscriber living in Ireland I got a new pre sale code, despite using my first one for London.

THANK YOU2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

If i pay up for U2 fan club membership now, will I get a presale code, or have I missed the boat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

If i pay up for U2 fan club membership now, will I get a presale code, or have I missed the boat?

You would have had to have signed up before the announcement on Wednesday to be eligible

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Hi all,

need to be a member before September 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Hi all,

Missed the boat!

Afraid not Jamieh. It was either posted here or on the other thread that only paid members prior to the announcement will get a code due to the limited capacity at the Irish gigs. I think the announcement was on their website. So I guess we do battle Monday ;)

Wow arent we a helpful bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

are tickets only on sale online or will the outlets have them too? trying to decide which would be better chance of getting tickets monday

Seems like the presale is all in together and not on a split level like in the past when you could book earlier if you were a member for longer. I guess that means harder to get through!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭weadick

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    are tickets only on sale online or will the outlets have them too? trying to decide which would be better chance of getting tickets monday

Only online as far as I know. I think you can get them from the three box office but not ticketmaster outlets. I remember queueing overnight for Vertigo tickets...

ah yeah theres something very special happening on monday at 9am on youtube. its very very important and ill let ye knw when is over lol. clicking another website at that time will give your pc/laptop a virus

Nearly there.

Good luck everybody :D

• Advertisement

2 mins... I'm nevous... PC is gonna crash or something stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

YESSSS Dublin on the Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Whats this offer code ticketmaster are asking for?

got 2 seated for tuesday Block G row 21. bit expensive.

Mugser wrote: »
    Whats this offer code ticketmaster are asking for?
    the code you got emailed from u2.com

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

PTH2009 wrote: »
    the code you got emailed from u2.com

Didnt get an email but have a presale code on u2.com tour page:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

That was amazingly painless:pac:

2 standing tickets for the Saturday, €155, yesssssssssssssssssssss!!:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭padski08

Tried standing for Saturday and couldnt get them but offered seating

Went out and tried for Friday, same but got much better seats in Block C instead of Block L

Now to create plan for Belfast show for general sale :)

Yea it was pretty swift all right.

I first clicked for the cheap seats but it offered me ones up in the gods for about 120 each

I rejected them and just went looking for standing, three times got offered expensive seats, even thought I only had standing ticked!

Then it offered me 2 tickets all in for €77, 1 row back in next section over from the original tickets.....

Looking at the map, I am probably in the back row, but dead centre.

Happy Dayz :D

• Advertisement

Mugser wrote: »
    Didnt get an email but have a presale code on u2.com tour page:confused::confused::confused:

use it quick........

Advertisement