Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭bren2001

Bad news on twitter for any Three customers. Not happy. Can't wait for the ticketmaster app and website to go into meltdown Monday morning.

Well I was wrong so. Guess I'll be lumped with the common folk in trying to get tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The Nal wrote: »
    The precedent these prices set for the future is worrying. We learned nothing from the recession. Nothing.

We should have taken a stand like the Romans did with Barbra Streisand

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6696501.stm

It's true. I was sickened when I saw the tour prices. But they've been vindicated by the sales (although apparently you can still get London opening night seats at the highest price).

As people seem to be buying them, you can't really argue with it. Simple economics. But yeah, sets a bad precedent for future gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭dSleeper

Collie D wrote: »
    Not sure if it interests you but if you're a 3 customer you can access the Neon Bar and they give you a card on a lanyard which I think is a pretty decent souvenir in place of a ticket stub. If you're not a 3 customer and I don't get a ticket myself I'll happily put you down under my name for it

I still miss the "event" style tickets that had one off designs on them like band logo rather than the generic Ticketbastard ones. Haven't collected tickets in years.

U2 Presale code came overnight...And it worked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seve OB wrote: »
    mental prices there PTH2009. I wouldn't have paid it
    i dont have much money more than some less than many others at this stage in my life i can afford these and always wanted to see u2. Come 2016 my bucket list will be almost complete (foo fighters, van halen, black sabbath, Garth Brooks is all thats left)

got a scare when buying tickets the sensitive code i entered was wrong and im not used to the new ticketmaster website and then the verify thing didnt work and it all stalled for a few mins.

good luck monday. mite take a pop in and see how its all going

http://www.seatwave.de/u2-tickets/3arena-dublin-tickets/samstag--28-november-2015/show/1009253

they have started already

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

It's true. I was sickened when I saw the tour prices. But they've been vindicated by the sales (although apparently you can still get London opening night seats at the highest price).

As people seem to be buying them, you can't really argue with it. Simple economics. But yeah, sets a bad precedent for future gigs.

Fans will pay anything to see bands like U2. What choice to people have? Pay it or don't go. They'll sell out and people will travel from all over the world to see them in Dublin.

However for other people who aren't particularly arsed about them anymore and see them for the businessmen they've become, this is really bad news.

Just no need at all to charge people €196.

ONE HUNDRED AND NINETY SIX FCUKING EURO!

Shameful.

I really worry now that other acts will perceive this as the norm. Is this going to be the price we have to pay from now on to see big acts in Dublin?!

• Advertisement

Fans will pay anything to see bands like U2. What choice to people have? Pay it or don't go. They'll sell out and people will travel from all over the world to see them in Dublin.

However for other people who aren't particularly arsed about them anymore and see them for the businessmen they've become, this is really bad news.

Shameful.

I really worry now that other acts will perceive this as the norm. Is this going to be the price we have to pay from now on to see big acts in Dublin?!

the music generation red zone tickets are even dearer and are at the back of the standing area according to the chart and you dont get much for them either.

PTH2009 wrote: »

Wow, that is so dodgy.

Why didn't they make seating paperless and ticketless like the standing? I don't see any GAs for sale on that website!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

MML wrote: »
    Yeah, I figured as much, but when they said "2 per customer" I didn't think I could get 2x Dublin and 2x Belfast at the same time, as that would be a total of four in one transaction, even though it's for separate dates.

I'll take a stab at it on Monday anyway.

yea but you can never ever book tickets for different events in one transaction!

Collie D wrote: »
    Not sure if it interests you but if you're a 3 customer you can access the Neon Bar and they give you a card on a lanyard which I think is a pretty decent souvenir in place of a ticket stub. If you're not a 3 customer and I don't get a ticket myself I'll happily put you down under my name for it

I still miss the "event" style tickets that had one off designs on them like band logo rather than the generic Ticketbastard ones. Haven't collected tickets in years.

Oh yea? How do you get in there? I mean they hardly have list of all 3 customers on the door to check you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It really is shameful pricing.

It makes the 2million to charity pledge a little less endearing and slightly hollow when you know where that 2million is coming from.

Yes, they could have charged the same prices and given nothing to charity and it's better there than in the pockets of those that don't need them. And some artists give nothing so it IS something. It is a good gesture but it should be weighed against the price punters are paying. Would tickets be cheaper/more affordable if there was no charity pledge?

And no, I'm actually one of the few who have literally no problem with Bono, I don't begrudge him any success or fortune, he's made it his own and made his own path, fair play to him.

But those prices for tickets are insulting.

Pay it if you want and if you value the gig at that much, good on ya, I hope you enjoy it and I won't judge. I'd pay more than some would for other artists I'm sure and be laughed at. But U2 allowing tickets to be priced that high when it's not necessary (ie it's not all going to the costs of the show) is awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

I'm not very happy about this to be honest.
    I held my Presale code for the Irish gigs when I could have used it to go to Barcelona as I'll be there on holidays the week of the gigs.:(

Me too!! No where in the mail did it say that you could use the presale code for a non-Irish gig and then get another presale code for the Irish gigs! :mad: BAD form.

But on the upside, two GA standing tickets on Sat for €155, happy, happy days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Shameful.

If Paul McGuinness was still managing them ,they wouldn't be charging these prices.

U2's new manager Guy Oseary is to put it politely ,not like McGuinness.
    He also manages Madonna who likes rip off ticket prices and Oseary is using the same pricing system for Madonna for this tour.
    Madonna doesnt care if people hate her but U2 do so I think they have made a big mistake on this tour with the outlandish ticket prices.

Lets face it ,the band are primarily only interested in money at this stage ,from the Apple album deal to this tours ticket prices,it all about bringing in the maximum revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Oh yea? How do you get in there? I mean they hardly have list of all 3 customers on the door to check you in?

You have to sign up in advance on your 3Plus account and you are put on the guestlist. Spaces are limited on the list so you can't just rock up to the door on the night.

It really is shameful pricing.

It makes the 2million to charity pledge a little less endearing and slightly hollow when you know where that 2million is coming from.

I agree about the disgraceful prices. But these have been across the tour. So for that reason I don't think it should take away anything from the great gesture of the 2 million donation.

If Paul McGuinness was still managing them ,they wouldn't be charging these prices.

U2's new manager Guy Oseary is to put it politely ,not like McGuinness.
    He also manages Madonna who likes rip off ticket prices and Oseary is using the same pricing system for Madonna for this tour.
    Madonna doesnt care if people hate her but U2 do so I think they have made a big mistake on this tour with the outlandish ticket prices.

Lets face it ,the band are primarily only interested in money at this stage ,from the Apple album deal to this tours ticket prices,it all about bringing in the maximum revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,026 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Wow, that is so dodgy.

Why didn't they make seating paperless and ticketless like the standing? I don't see any GAs for sale on that website!

And do you know what's ironic. Because standing tickets can't be resold, it actually reduces the amount of tickets available for resale so the prices go up. There's already nearly 150 tickets on sale already with the cheapest at €350 all the way up to €1,500 per ticket.

Higher demand gigs like that should be entirely paperless.

Pandiani wrote: »
    You have to sign up in advance on your 3Plus account and you are put on the guestlist. Spaces are limited on the list so you can't just rock up to the door on the night.

just looking through the app now and don't see anything relating to it

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

just looking through the app now and don't see anything relating to it

http://plus.three.ie/BarNeon

I wonder if there is no presale will there be any access to this bar for 3 customers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭weadick

Me too!! No where in the mail did it say that you could use the presale code for a non-Irish gig and then get another presale code for the Irish gigs! :mad: BAD form.

But on the upside, two GA standing tickets on Sat for €155, happy, happy days! :D

I thought it was a nice gesture for Irish fans. The Dublin shows were so long coming and there was so much uncertainty about them for so long that they must surely have realised that many Irish fans (me included) would have used their pre sale code for other shows. We are the only subscribers in the world who have been given another code. I'm delighted.

As regards prices, some of the tickets are insane but some are pretty reasonable. 75 quid for a standing ticket is 30 euro cheaper than I paid to see Springsteen in a field two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

weadick wrote: »
    I thought it was a nice gesture for Irish fans. The Dublin shows were so long coming and there was so much uncertainty about them for so long that they must surely have realised that many Irish fans (me included) would have used their pre sale code for other shows. We are the only subscribers in the world who have been given another code. I'm delighted.

As regards prices, some of the tickets are insane but some are pretty reasonable. 75 quid for a standing ticket is 30 euro cheaper than I paid to see Springsteen in a field two years ago.

As someone who used there codes on other shows and purchased Dublin tickets with the same codes,i just have this feeling there going to be cancelled.I know of bout 20 Hardcore fans who used codes today that were used.Also saw on U2.Com that Irish Subscribers with unused codes couldn't get in

• Advertisement

Pandiani wrote: »
    http://plus.three.ie/BarNeon

I wonder if there is no presale will there be any access to this bar for 3 customers either.

First thing I see is the Dixie Chicks are coming to town :P

Seems U2 are not on the list, but thanks anyway for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out, Maybe after Mondays general sale

deeroy12 wrote: »
    As someone who used there codes on other shows and purchased Dublin tickets with the same codes,i just have this feeling there going to be cancelled.I know of bout 20 Hardcore fans who used codes today that were used.Also saw on U2.Com that Irish Subscribers with unused codes couldn't get in

so are you talking about the original code? you have used it for somewhere else in the world and now got to use it again?

must dig out my original code so!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Any kind soul with a spare pre sale code wanna PM it to me? No? Worth a try ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Just checked and was surprised I actually found the original code!

It's the same code as the new one I received last night, they obviously just re-activated it

Bummer all rite but it's the websites **** up but someone will start moaning on U2.com and tickets will be cancelled. If mine are cancelled they will be hell to pay

You have me really worried now:(

Do you know anyone that had the "sale cancelled" issue before?

I thought it was just went they noticed the same credit card had been used.

I used a different one this time around.

The fact the code let us in should be the green light that it was re-instated shouldn't it?

The fact the code let us in should be the green light that it was re-instated shouldn't it?

Don't mention it on u2.com fourm because someone will screw u out of our tickets. I bought tickets for bon jovi slane in 2013 and due to an error bought 4 instead of the max 2 and a mad fan almost gave me a death threat because they didn't get tickets lol. Mega fans are crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭deeroy12

Same here used different cards.U2start"There's always a risk. In the US loads of tickets got cancelled due to suspicious orders. In Europe also a few though.U2.Com theres a forum dedicated to people who had tickets cancelled in the US but no complaints from Europe.On U2.Com theres a new forum added with bout 30 Subscribers whos codes didn't work today

Same here used different cards.U2start"There's always a risk. In the US loads of tickets got cancelled due to suspicious orders. In Europe also a few though.U2.Com theres a forum dedicated to people who had tickets cancelled in the US but no complaints from Europe.On U2.Com theres a new forum added with bout 30 Subscribers whos codes didn't work today

Getting nervous now although mine is a different situation to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Getting nervous now although mine is a different situation to others.

You are a new subscriber ,there will be no issues .

Advertisement